Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Vapourware Daggerfall Unity isnt Vaporware

Miles Davis or John Coltrane?

• Miles Davis

Votes: 48 29.3%
  • John Coltrane

Votes: 48 29.3%
  • Kenny G (kc response)

Votes: 68 41.5%

• Total voters

Luzur

Good Sir
Gargantuan, mysterious structures from a time before time, littered all through the Iliac Bay. Are they pointless? Yes. Are they lore-breaking? Yes. Do they look cool? Also yes.

2020-09-02-02-31-45.png

2020-09-02-02-07-06.png

2020-09-02-02-30-10.png

This is just a small project I decided to do to take a little break from working on the Daggerfall release of my Docks of Daggerfall project.

It litters the Iliac bay with a few unfathomably gigantic towers. Like I said, they're purely cosmetic and there's not really much of a point to finding them, it´s not like the Skyshards mod where you get rewarded for finding them or anything. I guess I just put them in because I kinda love the concept of videogames having utterly gigantic landmarks that loom over the horizon and can be seen from kilometers away. I know they're not gonna be everyone's cup of tea but I think they're cool and I thought someone else might find them cool too.

All regions except for Cybiades have one tower. There's a region that has two of them, one on the mainland and one in an island. Some of the towers are near witch covens so I geuss that could be one potential use, but don't expect to find every coven this way :p . I placed the towers so that they wouldn't overlap any vanilla locatins, but if I messed up somewhere don't doubt to tell me.

Requirements and compatibility

This mod requires UV's Location Loader mod (viewtopic.php?f=27&t=1046)

While most Location Loader-dependant mods technically aren't compatible with Ineresting Terrains yet (as Interesting Terrains messes with the height of most locations and makes them look like they're either floating or stuck underground), for this particular mod the Location Prefab I made is so tall and stretches so far underground that this shouldn't be a problem lol.

Idk if this is compatible with 10.25 or 10.26 as I haven't switched over from 10.24 yet, but it should be as long as Location Loader is.

Installation

1. Make sure you have Location Loader installed.
2. Unzip this file inside StreamingAssets

Nexus mod page: https://www.nexusmods.com/daggerfallunity/mods/132/

Luzur

Good Sir
[MOD] Pilgrimages
Unread post by imsobadatnicknames » Thu Oct 08, 2020 6:56 am

Pilgrimage to shrines, and pray to the divines to receive their advice, blessings, and curses
Inspired by the Divination mechanic in Dwarf Fortress

This mod lets you use wilderness shrines as places to pray to the Divines and attempt to ask for their guidance and their help. It's heavily based on the divination mechanics introduced in Dwarf Fortress 0.47 (http://dwarffortresswiki.org/index.php/DF2014:Die , https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TFn0KbAHAnk )

2020-10-07-07-13-03.jpg

How does it work?

When the PG0 quest is started, you will receive a talisman. Activating this talisman at a wilderness shrine (the darker blue temples on your travel map) will let you pray for the divines, and your prayers will be answered by the region's patron deity. While most of the time they will only give you some words of advice, there is a small chance that some more interesting effect will happen. I don't wanna spoil all possible effects, but some of them are:

-Getting a random weapon, armor, potion, or magic item
-Getting a temporary summonable companion for a week
-Being teleported to a random dungeon
-Being assigned a quest

2020-10-07-07-26-33.jpg

2020-10-07-07-50-32.jpg

2020-10-07-07-16-01.jpg

2020-10-07-07-41-58.jpg

You can only do one of these pilgrimages once a week, and trying to do it again too early might end up with regrettable consequences.

Installation:

Unzip the file inside StreamingAssets/Questpacks. If you're starting a new game, that's all you need to do. If you're using it on an existing game, you'll have to manually initialize the quest PG0 through the console. You might have to move the quests to StreamingAssets/Quests to be able to initialize them through the console if you're using a non-Windows computer.

To uninstall, simply delete the Questpack.

You can get this mod from the Nexus: https://www.nexusmods.com/daggerfallunity/mods/148

Luzur

Good Sir
This is a little questpack that lets you join the Society of the Performance Arts, who identify themselves as the biggest bard troupe in the Iliac Bay.

I eventually want to turn this into a full guild mod with its own guildhall, faction, ranks, benefits etc, when I figure out world data overrides and everything else I need to mod in a guild, but for the moment it's all handled through a questpack, like the carthographers guild quests from QP1.

The startup of this questpack plays out in a similar way to my Perform At Taverns mod (and I guess I should probably merge them lol): Once you get the initial quest (BG0) Running, you'll occassionally be offered the opportunity to perform to entertain people in taverns. However, once you get an Amazing performance (identified by the "you get a standing ovation" message), a few days later you'll receive a letter from a member of the guild offering you the chance to join. If you accept, you'll be given a magical talisman which, when used inside a city, will reveal to you the name and location of a member of the guild who will offer you a quest (this is just a temporary solution until I give the guild an actual guildhall).

Right now the quests include:

BGQ1: Perform as a jester at a local noble's birthday party (Success depends on a Personality attribute check)
BGQ2: Help the owner of a library attract more clients by doing a live reading of a book (Personality attribute check)
BGQ3: Sing at a tavern to entertain a squad of orcs (Orcish skill check)
BGQ4: Help a noble write a speech (Etiquette skill check)
BGQ5: Perform at a teather play (Randomly picks between an Etiquette or Streetwise skill check)
BGQ6: Help a guildmate who's supposed to go to a rehearsal find a lost script (this doesn't include any skill/attribute checks, it's just a fetch quest)

I'm open to ideas for more quests, and for ideas for benefits, services and things like that for when I eventually turn the guild into an actual faction.

Installation:

Unzip the file inside StreamingAssets/Questpacks. If you're going to use it in an existing save game, you'll have to manually start the questpack by opening up the console and typing "startquest BG0" (or "startquest BG2" if you don't want to skip right to the part where you are asked to join the guild)

2020-10-01-10-01-31.jpg

2020-10-01-10-19-55.jpg

2020-10-02-10-02-07.jpg

EDIT: Had to release a fix bc I realized I made a mistake in the code that made the BG0 and BG1 quests start multiplying indefinitely. It should be better now.

Luzur

Good Sir
[MOD] Sneak and Crouch Combined
Unread post by jefetienne » Fri Oct 02, 2020 12:22 am

Sneak and Crouch Combined
[Updated 10/1/2020, 0.10.26]

Nexus mod page

Finally
file.php

sneak-crouch-combined.jpg (201.72 KiB) Viewed 233 times

After growing tired of hearing the numerous requests to have this in the game, I decided to take this into my own hands. This mod merges sneaking and crouching together as a single action. Happy now?
icon_razz.gif

In the vanilla mechanics, sneaking will slow down your speed. Crouching will also lower your speed and make you duck. Crouching and sneaking together can be done, and will both lower your speed, but you must press the buttons independently. This mod is essentially a shortcut that simplifies this process by allowing the 'sneak' or 'crouch' button to activate both actions - it doesn't matter which one you press. This gives a more familiar "modern" way of playing stealth in other video games.

No keybind edits, no setting changes, no configuration required. It will forcefully override the "Toggle Sneak" option, but it won't modify your setting for it. You can still run while crouching, and it will immediately revert back into sneaking once the running has stopped.

index.php

Arcane
OpenTESArena 0.12.0

New features and changes in 0.12.0:

• Wandering citizens in cities and wilderness. They idle if the player's weapon is sheathed
  • Puddle reflections
  • Voice in cinematics (only available in CD version)
  • City entrance jingle
  • Music library system supporting custom MIDI filenames in data/audio/MusicDefinitions.txt
  • Entity animation system redesign
  • Texture manager improvements and initial work on texture instance manager for runtime-generated textures
  • Fonts use less memory and are less dependent on SDL2
  • Added previously-unused OverSnow music to snow weather playlist
  • Fixed final boss display name (was "TODO")
  • Removed directional shading from sun to more closely match original game (planning on adding back later in a newer renderer)
Known issues:

• Citizen spawning introduced very high RAM usage (>2.5 GB) due to true color animations, even with animation sharing, preventing 32-bit builds from working as intended
  • Some streetlights don't receive on/off signal
  • Translucent entities exhibit vertical line artifacts (related to multi-threading)
  • The renderer may deadlock and freeze the game. If so, reduce render thread count to very low
  • Position of moons is not correct
  • Tavern names in Imperial City are incorrect
  • Diagonal walls have same collision as walls
For details on how to get OpenTESArena running, see the Installation section in the Readme.

index.php

Arcane
Daggerfall Unity 0.10.27
Posted on October 18, 2020 by Interkarma

Daggerfall Unity 0.10.27 is now available on Live Builds page. This release is a bug-fix update with no significant new features.

We’re now moving past the recent upgrade to Unity 2019.4 LTS and reworking text systems to support localization mods. This stage involved significant refactoring under the hood, which is why we split the builds into stable and preview releases. This also provided mod authors some time to update their mods to be compatible with future builds. Now things have settled down again and most mods have been updated, we’re dropping the stable/preview tag and just going back to rolling builds as usual.

If you run any mods with Daggerfall Unity and you’re upgrading to 0.10.26 or later, please confirm all your mods are upgraded to be compatible with 0.10.26+. The mod page on forums or Nexus should outline which version new releases are for. Even when there aren’t significant changes to the game, a mod might need a specific version to operate based on new features added over time. So by the Divines, get those mods updated!

For anyone waiting on the next Localization Tutorial on forums, I’m working on the next few tutorials in this series now. The DFU Localization system will still be considered in Preview for a while yet, at least until the Unity Localization system it’s built on enters release status. We also need to add support for translating quests and some other miscellaneous text in the game. Localization mod support will continue to improve through Beta into 1.0 and beyond.

Speaking of Beta, we’re really close now. I’m working through bugs and getting back into the last few items on Roadmap. If all goes to plan, we’ll officially roll into Beta in December. I’m expecting the Beta period to be very short as the classic gameplay systems have been cooking for some time while the DFU-specific features were built out.

That’s about it for this post. I’ll wrap up with a list of changes in this release.

General Fixes & Improvements
  • Implemented OnEnemySpawn event (joshcamas)
  • Fix cart riding audio from playing too long when movement stops (Pango)
  • Fix lunar date computations (Pango)
  • Fix display of temple shrines in text macros (Hazelnut)
  • Add protected virtual for extending potion window (Hazelnut)
  • Check Unity version against VersionInfo in mod builder (TheLacus)
  • Show target version in mod builder (TheLacus)
  • Fix rebinding input axes and duplicate highlight between left/right click (jefetienne)
  • Change crouch to keydown (action started) input (jefetienne)
  • Upgrade to Unity Localization 0.8.1 (Interkarma)
  • Upgrade to Unity Addressables 1.16.1 (Interkarma)
  • Disable runInBackground in project settings (Interkarma)
  • Range check on armour equip to fix loading saves with bad equip indices (Interkarma)
  • Change text of Hircine “Shield” to “Ring” to match actual item equip slot – note unmodded item will still look like a shield (Interkarma)
  • Fix stale building data being returned during scene load – fixes incorrect Thieves Guild and Dark Brotherhood building marked on map, and related building assignment issues (Interkarma)
  • Add CanDropQuestItems setting to settings.ini to allow dropping quest items (Interkarma)
  • CastWhenUsed (spell cast by item) on self now bypass level-based chance and will always succeed (Interkarma)
  • Open spell cast will now always succeed when cast by an item, but player level must still exceed that of lock (Interkarma)
  • Fix east/west seam in classic sky (Interkarma)
  • Fix font glyph rect precision for better text alignment (Interkarma)
  • Add PlaceItem “anymarker” tag to use random questmarker or itemmarker when placing item (Interkarma)
  • Fixed Sx013 to use “anymarker” tag so that Mynisera’s Letter resource can appear in any of 6 available locations like classic (Interkarma)
  • Keep broken magic items in inventory when AllowMagicRepairs enabled so broken magic items can be repaired (Interkarma)
  • Clear active crime state like classic when exiting location area or fast travelling away – guards will despawn when escaping town rather than chase player into wilderness (Interkarma)
  • Fix crime state not cleared when starting a new game (Interkarma)
  • Halve maximum number of instant guard spawns from 10 to 5 – guards can still spawn out of city watch mobile NPCs resulting in many more guards when fleeing town (Interkarma)
  • Fix Oghma Infinium incorrectly increasing level and health on use – now just gives a pool of 30 points to distribute as intended (Interkarma)
  • Show “save versus spell made” for all entities when saving 100% of magnitude based spell effect (Interkarma)

deadmeme

Learned
Playing Daggerfall Unity with a Nord Warrior Priest. One of my favourite games of all time. Level 3 at the moment. I will go into a Temple and Mages Guild for start. Only thing irritating about it is that you have to go into Mages Guild to make spells and enchant items.

Robber Baron

Savant
Bluring out the landscape vistas with vaseline filter in DU is a crime against humanity and I won't stand for this
Here're some screenshots I made while playing DU last year, this is how the game should look on your PC

0001.jpg

0002.png

0003.png

0004.png

0005.png

0006.png

Luzur

Good Sir
Hey, what is your grass mod setup? i cannot get it right, its either too much or too little.

Also, use that road mod, it makes stuff look even better.

SkiNNyBane

Liturgist
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy
So is this vape finally ready to be inhaled or should I wait more time until some features come out?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom