Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Vapourware Daggerfall Unity isnt Vaporware

Miles Davis or John Coltrane?

• Miles Davis

Votes: 48 29.3%
  • John Coltrane

Votes: 48 29.3%
  • Kenny G (kc response)

Votes: 68 41.5%

• Total voters

Luzur

Good Sir
[MODDING TOOL] GIS Construction Set
Post by carademono » Mon Jun 07, 2021 11:00 pm

GIS Construction Set
by carademono

6TTKQb4.png

Description

Daggerfall is really big. Far, far too big to work with conventional modding construction sets like those for Morrowind, Oblivion and Skyrim. Geographic Information Systems (GIS) tools, however, are perfect for working at such large scale.

This post presents a QGIS (www.qgis.org) project designed to help modders place location prefabs that load into DF Unity with Kamer's World of Daggerfall. Using the Construction Set, modders can individually hand-place prefabs with considerable precision, or they can use QGIS's random and algorithmic point placement functions to place prefabs by the dozens, hundreds, thousands, or tens of thousands.

The project currently contains four base maps:
1. Iliac Bay Base Map: The Iliac Bay MapPixel map by Meritamas, included in BadLuckBurt's world data editor (https://github.com/BadLuckBurt/dfu-worlddata-editor).
2. Paper Map: A beautiful Iliac Bay paper map created by Rubikia (https://www.reddit.com/r/Daggerfall/com ... iliac_bay/)
3. Travel Map: The in-game travel map.
4. Vanilla Height Map: The height map for vanilla Daggerfall.

It also currently includes seven reference layers:
5. Water: A simple vector land and water map.
6. Regions: A vector map of the Iliac Bay's regions. This can be used to place points within specific regions.
7. Locations: A layer map containing all 15,000+ points of Daggerfall's locations.
8. Basic Roads: A raster map of Hazelnut's Basic Roads network.
9. Roadside - Roads & Tracks: A vector map of the Basic Roads network divided by regions, with polygons extending about a map pixel from the roads. You can use this to place points near roads -- for example, bandit camps and Imperial watch towers placed in this layer will be visible from the road.
10. Roadside - Roads: Like the above, but only includes roads, not tracks. You might place Imperial watch towers here.
11. Roadside - Tracks: Like the above, but only includes tracks, not roads. You might place bandit camps here.

Finally and most importantly, it includes:
12. Prefab Placer: All points created in or copied to this layer will have their locational fields autopopulated with values that can be read directly by the LocationLoader or World of Daggerfall mods. This includes the worldX, worldY, terrainX, and terrainY coordinates. The layer also calculates a unique locationID for every possible point by concatenating its coordinate values. You will need to enter in only name (which does not need to be unique), prefab, and type (more on this below). These can be entered either when adding points individually, in QGIS's attribute table, or in a spreadsheet program after export.

You can download all the project files from my GitHub: https://github.com/drcarademono/GIS-construction-set. It requires QGIS (https://qgis.org/en/site/forusers/download.html), and Kamer's World of Daggerfall (which is based on Uncanny_Valley's LocationLoader).

Getting Started: Adding Prefabs

Adding points to the Prefab Placer layer works like adding points to any QGIS layer. Select Prefab Placer in the layer list and click the pencil icon (Toggle Editing) in the top tool bar. Now click the Add Point Feature icon in the toolbar and click anywhere on the map where you'd like to add a prefab. Excellent! You've added a point.

Of course, adding points one by one would take a long time if, say, you'd like to add 20,000 rocks to the Alik'r Desert. I'll introduce QGIS's abiltity to place large numbers of points randomly or algorithmically within polygons later in the tutorial. Anything that you can do in QGIS, you can do to the Prefab Placer layer... and QGIS can do quite a hell of a lot.

Export & Data Management

Once you've filled it with one or a million points, you should export your Prefab Placer layer to a CSV file. Right-click on the layer, Export -> Save Features As... and select Comma Separated Values [CSV] from the drop-down list. Choose your file location and save. If you're dealing with a large number of points, this might be a good time to open up the CSV file in a spreadsheet program and mass-enter name, prefab, and type.

LocationLoader locations files are simply XML-formatted text files. In order to actually get the prefabs into the game, you'll need to reshape the CSV into one (or many) of those. I've put together a Python script (https://github.com/drcarademono/GIS-con ... convert.py) that automates the process of splitting and converting your CSV into smaller txt files that World of Daggerfall can load. To use it, simply place the script in the same folder as your CSV file and type at the command line:
CODE: SELECT ALL

python gisconvert.py 'input.csv' 100
If you are on Windows and don't have Python, I've created a command-line application (https://github.com/drcarademono/GIS-con ... onvert.exe) with similar usage:

gisconvert 'input.csv' 100
This will split the CSV into txts with 100 prefabs each, which is an ideal length for World of Daggerfall. You can find these files in the out folder after running the script. To see your new locations in the game, put the txt file(s) in the StreamingAssets\Locations folder and activate world of daggerfall.dfmod.

Note: Using numbers higher than 100 with gisconvert.py is not recommended as it increases loading times and may lead to some prefabs not being placed in-game.

Now for some more specific tutorials on how to use this tool.

Tutorial #1: Adding a dock to Kalunnunu

We'll start with an easy project: adding a single dock prefab to the north side of Kalunnunu.

Let's start up QGIS and open GIS Construction Set.qgz to get started on our first project. If all went well, you should be greeted with something like this:

cmsvTJt.png

See the Layers list in the lower left corner? It should have the Prefab Placer layer right at the top. However, we don't want to work directly with that layer -- let's make a copy of it to work with instead. Right-click on Prefab Placer, select Duplicate Layer, activate the new layer by clicking on the checkbox to its left, drag it to the top, and rename it something like "Kalunnunu Docks."

Now let's go find Kalunnunu. It's in the Lainlyn region. If you're not sure where that is, activate the Regions layer for a moment and it will superimpose the region borders on top of the base map. Kalunnunu is right on the coast:

u90Ay6Q.png

Next we're going to place a prefab! Click on the Kalunnunu Docks layer you created, and select Toggle Editing on the top toolbar (it's the pencil icon). Now select Add Point Feature (the three dots icon) and your mouse should change to a crosshairs. Let's try placing the dock just north of Kalunnunu. Click on the map and a little window will pop up, asking us to us fill in various attributes.

7u04Zh0.png

Name can be set to anything (I went with "Docks"), while type has three potential settings in World of Daggerfall:

type 0 smooths the terrain underneath the prefab
type 1 does not smooth the terrain underneath the prefab
type 2 allows prefabs to be placed in map pixels with locations and roads.

Note: World of Daggerfall ordinarily prevents prefabs placed near locations and roads from appearing in the game, as Basic Roads does not currently distinguish between world locations and prefab locations. Because of this, if prefabs are placed too close to a road, players might get pulled off the road and sucked into the prefab. type 2 overrides this limitation, allowing prefab placement anywhere, but should be used with caution. However, if a prefab you've placed isn't appearing in-game, you should try setting it to type 2.

Because the Kalunnunu dock is very close to the city of Kalunnunu itself, we will need to set type to 2 in order to see it in the game. Finally, the prefab field is where we specify which specific prefab we want to place. Let's go with WA_Poor_Docks_North_00 from Kamer's World of Daggerfall mod. Click OK. There's now a pink prefab symbol where we placed the dock.

6cPw5XI.png

Now that we've placed a prefab, it's a good moment to check out the Kalunnunu Docks layer's attribute table. Right-click on the layer and select Open Attribute Table. If everything went right, you'll observe that worldX, worldY, terrainX, terrainY, and locationID have all been autopopulated with the correct values:

akbiEDJ.png

Click Toggle Editing again to turn off editing and save your changes to the layer. We're ready to export our new docks to a CSV file. Right-click Kalunnunu Docks and select Export -> Save Features As... Change format to Comma Separated Values [CSV], give the file a name, and hit OK. You can close QGIS now, saving your work first, of course.

tcnvKkq.png

No need to edit the CSV file -- we already filled out all the necessary fields in QGIS. Let's convert it to an XML-formatted txt file. Assuming you have Python installed, place the gisconverter.py script in the same folder as your CSV file and type at the command line:

python gisconvert.py 'Kalannunu Docks.csv' 100
Kalannunu Docks.txt will appear in the out folder. Place the file in your StreamingAssets/Locations folder. Boot up DF Unity and fast travel to Kalunnunu...

R1MUuCR.png

Pretty darn good placement! We can edit the txt file to get it just right. The docks are a few meters too far to the north so try changing terrainY from 9 to 5...

e25xizf.png

Perfect!
Kalunnunu Docks.zip
(334 Bytes) Downloaded 6 times

Tutorial #2: Launching a Crime Wave

Let's suppose that we decide there's been a prison break in Arkmoth End, and now the hills are full of bandits. Let's randomly place 30 bandit camps in a polygon around Arkmoth End.

The first thing to do here (after duplicating the Prefab Placer layer again and renaming it Prison Break) is to draw a polygon around Arkmoth End. To do this, we'll need to create a new polygon layer. Select Layers -> New Shapefile Layer... from the menu. Set the layer to have a Polygon geometry type, name it whatever you'd like, and hit OK.

WIuWiyo.png

Select the new layer, select Toggle Editing, and select Add Polygon Feature. You can now draw the polygon by clicking in a circle around Arkmoth End (give it any id number).

4Qz1hFq.png

Once you've made your polygon, it's time to fill it with bandit camps. Go to Vector -> Research Tools -> Random Points inside Polygon in the top menu. In the popup box, specify that you want to add 30 points. Set a minimum distance of .3 between them so that they don't spawn right on top of each other, and hit OK.

iRzas4s.png

Your polygon will now be full of points, but all on a new layer called Random Points. Select this layer, hit Toggle Editing, right-click on it and open its Attribute Table, and select all the points by shift-clicking the numbers 1-30 on the left side.

30ucEhr.png

Then select Edit -> Copy Features in the top menu. Select your duplicate Prefab Placer layer, hit Toggle Editing for this layer too, then Edit -> Paste Features.

Note: Random placement might place your prefabs right on top of cities, dungeons, and other locations. You should do a once over and remove points that are right on top of locations on the map.

Your bandit camps are now placed! Go ahead and export the layer as a CSV file. Open the CSV file in a spreadsheet app and finish filling out the empty columns. As before, you can put any value in the name column, and they can all have the same name. We want terrain smoothing, so type should be 0. Finally, we're going to use the WA_Daggerfall_BanditCamp_01, 02, and 03 prefabs from Kamer's World of Daggerfall.

NoSgv14.png

Save the CSV, convert it to an XML-formatted txt file using gisconvert.py, put it in your StreamingAssets/Locations folder, and fire up DF Unity....

stdRKFD.png

Tip: Modders who are accustomed to games like Morrowind or Skyrim might have some trouble adjusting to the sheer scale of Daggerfall. For comparison, the small, approximately 7x6 MapPixel polygon we drew around Arkmoth End is larger than the island of Vvardenfell! From that perspective, 30 bandit camps doesn't seem all that excessive.

Prison Break.zip
(830 Bytes) Downloaded 5 times

Tutorial #3: Dropping Rocks in the Alik'r Desert

How can we use the GIS Construction Set to cover the Alik'r Desert with rocks? We'll be doing much the same thing as before -- filling a polygon with random points -- except that the Alik'r Desert is a much, much bigger polygon. We're going to need a lot of rocks. Lets try 20,000.

First, we need to select our polygon. No need to draw a new one, as the Alik'r Desert polygon can be found on the Regions layer. Activate and select the Regions layer, click the "Select Features by area or single click" icon from the top toolbar, and click on the Alik'r Desert. It should light up in yellow like this:

2s6tDTb.png

Once again, select Vector -> Research Tools -> Randomly Add Points to Polygon. Set the function to generate 20,000 points (or alternately, play with the point density field).

ujIz854.png

Copy your random points to the duplicate Prefab Placer layer, and export to a CSV file. Open the CSV in a spreadsheet program. We can name all 20,000 rows "Rocks," and as we don't need smoothed terrain for rocks, we can set all the types to 1. The prefab column will take a bit more thought: after all, it would be a bit strange if we were to just see 20,000 instances of the same rock in the Alik'r Desert. You can make a rock prefab mix using simple spreadsheet tricks. Remember that these randomly generated rocks are in totally random order, so this strategy will have the rock types nice and mixed up. Save the CSV file.

Upm6Bps.png

Split and convert the file using gisconvert.py. That accomplished, we drop the txts into StreamingAssets/Locations and fire up DFUnity...

EfrtIml.png

h09F1FY.png

Congratulations! You are now ready to transform the Iliac Bay.

Alikr Rocks.zip
(397.33 KiB) Downloaded 8 times

Limitations

The primary limitation is that, at least at present, the GIS Construction Set can only place prefabs. It can't modify World Data or Daggerfall's blocks. Prefabs are terrific for bringing life to the wilderness between cities, but they can't integrate with the quest system (at least, not yet).

Roadmap

Future versions of the GIS Construction Set will hopefully include the following:
  • A Python-based QGIS plugin to import Locations txt files, allowing for an easier circular workflow between the editor and the game.
  • A community-maintained repository of tested, high-quality prefabs, along with SVG symbols for QGIS that show modders their outlines and dimensions, allowing for perfect placement every time.
Can you help me with any of these things, or have a different idea? Please submit a PR!

Have fun, everybody!

Luzur

Good Sir
Wilderness Overhaul
Post by Daniel87 » Fri Jan 22, 2021 7:07 pm

Hi fellow modders!

I just wanted to introduce you to a very small tweak for Daggerfalls Wilderness I am currently working on.
Do you also think that the wilderness in Daggerfall seems to take Social Distancing a little bit too far?
Usually plants, trees and rocks don't group together and keep their respectful distance from each other, which doesn't really feel "wild" at all.

The idea of my tweak (not sure if it deserves to be called a "mod") was to redistribute the nature billboards for a more believable, dense and natural look. So far I only got to tweaking Temperate Summer/Winter Climate and Mountain Climate. I hope it won't be too taxing on most computers, as I squeeze out the max count of billboards
icon_lol.gif

Enough words, let the pictures speak for themselves:
Spoiler!
Temperate Climate Summer
APkC8T9.png

agsotJa.png

Mountain Climate Summer
BAqbDWC.png

lYJGZ4W.png

Let me hear, what you guys think!

Known Issues:
Since it is my first mode, expect some spaghetti code and bugs, such as hovering billboards and a lack of compatibility with other mods such as BasicRoads and Trees of Daggerfall.

Luzur

Good Sir
[W.I.P.] Better Default Classes
Post by ACNAero » Wed Jun 23, 2021 3:44 am

With all the various talk I've seen of default classes being bad, I decided to try and make them better in various ways, either by buffing or trying to make them more unique. The goal is to make default classes that both newbies and vets can enjoy without having to worry about if the class they have is good or not. However, they are not meant to be ideal or power-gamed, just thematic and hopefully better than before; I don't want to invalidate the custom class maker and the limitless potential that has.

However, some classes are quite redundant with lots of overlap, or in some cases possibly unsalvageable while still keeping the original intent. In those cases, I may do more drastic changes, or in some cases replace the class with a new one altogether (while attempting to keep with the same general archetype). I try to keep this to a minimum, but it will happen to a few classes.

Warning: NPC Classes read from these same files, so they will also get the same skills and advantages/disadvantages. So beware the new Priests and Paladins smiting your Vampire PC.

FEEDBACK WELCOME.

Instructions and Changes are included as txt files in download.

Known and Possible Issues: In-game class descriptions are not updated by this, so you will still see the vanilla skills when selecting a class.
The class selection questionnaire may or may not work, I dunno. I don't think really anyone uses it beyond a one-time novelty anyways.
ATTACHMENTS
Better Default Classes 0.95.zip
(9.23 KiB) Downloaded 1 time
Last edited by ACNAero on Sat Jun 26, 2021 4:12 am, edited 3 times in total.

Luzur

Good Sir
Daggerfall Collectible Card Game
Post by Macadaynu » Fri May 21, 2021 9:53 pm

One of my favourite things about some other RPGs are the in game collectible card games; like Gwent from Witcher 3, or Triple Triad from FF8.

Does anyone else think it would be sane to try and implement one as a mod in Daggerfall?

I have an idea for the theme / rules and I have attached a mocked up a draft board design (obviously the cards won't look like Hearthstone cards!)

The theme would be Daedric Princes, who use Daggerfall enemy minions/spells/artefacts to battle each other. You would ask innkeepers to play cards, and can build your card collection by beating them. If you beat enough different innkeepers in a region, you get an invite to the capital of that region for a card tournament. Winning that regional tournament gives you a new Daedric Prince to play as. Each region would have a unique Daedric Prince to collect.

I understand this would be a big undertaking, but willing to give it a go and can go into more details on the mechanics if enough people would be interested.
ATTACHMENTS
file.php

Luzur

Good Sir
[Mod] Delver Compass

7 posts • Page 1 of 1

DunnyOfPenwick
[Mod] Delver Compass
Post by DunnyOfPenwick » Wed Apr 14, 2021 5:03 am

Just released my first mod for Daggerfall Unity! Take a gander.
Note that the mod was created/tested using DFUnity v0.11.X, but it might still work in earlier versions.
Below is the description I cropped from the mod entry at Nexusmods.

Objective
Travelling about huge towns and imposing labyrinths that have already been well-tread can be a
source of pain for many players of Daggerfall. This mod attempts to alleviate some of that pain by
adding a usable inventory item which allows the PC to mark relevant spots and retrace their steps
with little effort.

Details
The Delver Compass allows for fast-travel within the confines of dungeons and towns. It is a fairly
common item that can be purchased at most General Stores for a moderate price.

Using the Delver Compass for travel costs time and fatigue.
These costs are influenced by such factors as:
-Distance travelled
-Speed attribute
-Encumbrance
-Streetwise skill (if in town)
-Athleticism

While fast-travelling in a dungeon, there is a small possibility of contracting a disease or sustaining
an injury for characters above level 4. The probability is influenced by Luck, Agility, and
distance travelled.
Nearby magic portals in dungeons often interfere with the Delver Compass.

While fast-travelling in town, there is a possibility of encountering thugs at night, and cutpurses during
the day. The probability is substantially higher if there is an ongoing crime wave in the region.
The Streetwise skill and Acute Hearing can help here. If the character's Streetwise and Pickpocket skills
are high enough, they can simultaneously pick the pockets of any cutpurse encountered.

There is also a possibility of contracting the plague while travelling in town, if there is an ongoing
plague in the region.

Installation
Just drop the appropriate (OS Specific) *.dfmod into your Mods folder.

User Interface
After using the compass, a simple dialog popup will appear giving you the option of remembering (or forgetting)
the present location.
184-1618370945-1286748637.jpeg

If you click "Remember this spot", you can type in a label for the current location.

Later, when you want to return to that location, use the compass again and click "Travel to...".
This will bring up a pick-list of remembered locations in the current town/dungeon.
184-1618370959-2091192444.jpeg

Then double-click the desired destination.

Locations inside a town will be listed alphabetically.
Dungeon locations are ordered as entered. These are forgotten once you leave the dungeon.

Luzur

Good Sir
[MOD] Unofficial Block, Location and Model Fixes

Post by XJDHDR » Sat Jan 09, 2021 4:36 am

The full readme and download location may be found on my website: https://xjdhdr.gitlab.io/my_creatio...al_Block_Location_and_Model_Fixes_readme.html

Details
Daggerfall was a very ambitious game when it was released but unfortunately, it was rushed. After the release of Arena, Bethesda Game Studios released Daggerfall only around 2 and a half years later. Like most rushed projects, Daggerfall was released with numerous bugs in it. The size of Daggerfall's world only made the problem worse. It wouldn't be a stretch to call Daggerfall the buggiest game in the Elder Scrolls series. Possibly the buggiest BGS has ever released (though Fallout 76, if it doesn't take the crown, comes close). Though a number of patches were released for the game afterwards, the final game was still left with a lot of glitches in it, from minor texture problems all the way up to bugs that corrupted your save game. Though a number of unofficial fixes and especially Daggerfall Unity were released to help fix the more serious issues as well as some minor ones, there are plenty still remaining.

That is where this mod comes in. My goal is to fix as many of the problems that still exist in Daggerfall's blocks, locations and models as I can. In doing so, I hope to improve the game in an area that I feel is getting less attention than some other areas. I am also creating this to provide a modders' resource for anyone that wants to make alterations to any area of the game that I have fixed. To provide them with data that they don't have to fix themselves. Finally, I'm also fixing these issues because they are eye catching, irritating and I would rather play my game without these problems present.

Known Issues
General
  • Do not install or update this mod while inside a non-dungeon's interior. This is because there is a bug in Daggerfall Unity that causes the player map icon to become a collidable object. So please, if you are in a settlement, make sure you are outside before installing or updating. If the map arrow has become collidable, opening and closing the map might fix it.
  • Doors in dungeons that I have fixed no longer use dungeon door sounds. Instead, they currently use the same sounds as those in settlements. I'm looking into ways to restore this.
Model 239
  • There is a visible seam on some of the building's walls. Some texture packs exacerbate the problem. I'm looking into ways this can be fixed on the model but currently, it looks like a problem that needs to be fixed in the texture. Texture fixes are outside the scope of this mod.
Model 67028
  • I managed to reduce the gradient of this incline to the point that the player can walk down it without triggering rappel mode. However, trying to go up will still trigger climbing mode and there is not enough space left in the model to further reduce the gradient. Without changes to DFU's physics engine, this is the best I can do.
Model 55004 & Block S0000160.RDB
Block S0000180.RDB
  • If you have already activated any of the 4 switches my mod fixes, switch them off and make sure the levers are angled straight up before installing this mod or updating it from version 2021.01.09. If you don't do this, the levers' orientations will break even more badly than they already were.
Block LIBRAL03.RMB
  • One container inside the fixed house will still sell books if the player has already identified this building before installing this patch.
Block TVRNAM00.RMB
  • The Innkeeper will still refuse to talk to player if they've already identified the fixed building before installing this patch.
  • If you have already identified either of the inns in this block before installing this patch, they will both have the same name.
FAQ
  • What is the "MBR Fixes" mod for?
  • With the help of Hazelnut, the creator of the World data override system, we discovered that Map Block overrides overwrite any changes made by a Building override for that same block. Because my policy is that any changes made by other mods should overwrite the fixes I've made, this created a problem because it meant any mods that used Building overrides to change the same Map Blocks that my mod touched would not apply them, regardless of load order.
  • The solution I've used to solve this is to write as many of the Map Block fixes my mod does as possible into Building overrides. The fixes that can't be done this way are placed into Map Block overrides as usual but these are provided as part of the "MBR Fixes" addon. This allows the user to disable only this portion of my mod if they have a conflicting mod installed.
  • What load order should I use with this mod?
  • This mod consists entirely of patches to the vanilla data. As a result, all other mods should overwrite this one. This is especially the case with AlexanderSig's Handpainted model replacements: Loading my mod later than his will revert some models to their vanilla look. The main exception is the "MBR Fixes" addon which is explained above.
  • In short, load this mod's files as early as possible. With a "Load Priority" of 0 and 1 if possible. It doesn't matter if the "MBR Fixes" addon loads before or after the main mod.
  • What is a Model?
  • A model is a collection of points in 3D space, called vertices, that are linked together to form multiple faces, most commonly in the shape of triangles or rectangles. These faces together create the shape of a basic model. These models can also have a number of extra elements applied. Examples include defining which textures are painted onto the surfaces of it's faces and how. Other examples include how these models are animated or how they interact with the physics engine. As an example, you may find a picture of what a model looks like here. In the original game, models are stored inside ARCH3D.BSA in the Arena2 folder.
  • What is a Block?
  • A block can be thought of as a puzzle piece. It is a collection of data that defines which models and sprites are going to be used in that block as well as where they are all placed in the block. Blocks come in two forms: Map Block Records and Dungeon Block Records. In the original game, both types of blocks are stored inside BLOCKS.BSA in the Arena2 folder.
  • Map Block Records are used in the overworld to place mainly buildings found at locations. These can also define interiors found in settlements as well as the doors that give you access to those interiors. They also define how the game draws the Automap image.
  • Dungeon Block Records are used in dungeons' interiors. In addition to placing models and sprites, these can also define some special properties, such as where quest objects can spawn. Also which models can move as well as when and how they do so. Like puzzle pieces, this type of block is also designed such that they will fit together against other Dungeon Block Records. They come in two types: Border and non-border blocks. Non-borders are designed to always be surrounded by four other Dungeon Blocks in the four cardinal directions because all four sides have doorways in them that other blocks connect to. Without another block on that side, those doorways would be open into the void. Border blocks conversely are designed to connect with a non-border block on one side to close the doorways mentioned with either passageways between two of these doorways or by just walling them off.
  • To illustrate, you can find pictures of a Map Block Record and Dungeon Block Record here. The Map Block Record is ALCHAM01.RMB and everything you see in the picture (buildings, trees, terrain and even the pig) are models and sprites that have been placed by that block's definition. The Dungeon Block Record is N0000005.RDB and the same thing applies here.
  • What is a Location?
  • Locations are places that appear on the game's travel map. They define the name of a location and it's type. It also defines which Map Block Records are used to construct the overworld representation of that location as well as the order those blocks are placed in. Basic information used to make the buildings in that location unique (such as names and quality) are also found in a location record. If there is a dungeon present at this location, a location file also defines which Dungeon Block Records are used to construct the dungeon's interior and the order they are placed in. In the original game, location definitionsare stored inside MAPS.BSA in the Arena2 folder.
  • To give an example, here is a picture of the dungeon interior of Privateer's Hold. It consists of 1 non-border block (S0000999.RDB) surrounded by 4 border blocks. I have circled in yellow the parts of the dungeon that are placed by the S0000999.RDB block. Everything else is placed by the border blocks. The parts of those borders that are connected to the main playing area are circled in red and the unused parts are circled in green. On the two sides closest to the camera, there are four doorways and all of them are joined to a single room each. Here is another picture that shows one of the far sides of Privateer's Hold. This side also has 2 open doorways but this border block provides a corridor (circled in red) to connect the two to each other. Finally, you may be wondering what the green parts of the border blocks are used for. In Privateer's Hold, they aren't used for anything. Other dungeons use these same border blocks though and in those dungeons, the borders may be arranged such that some of the green pieces are the ones used in those cases.
  • Why don't you want to fix anything else in the game?
  • The short answer is that it is a combination of my skills in modifying these files being lacking and other members of the DFU modding community already making some great efforts of their own in these areas.
  • A few of the things you've fixed in your mod have already been fixed in DFU.
  • There are two things going on here. The first is that some of the fixes I made were only partially fixed in DFU whereas my mod completely fixes the problem. A good example is the clipping that occurred between models 60110 and 60106 in some dungeon blocks. What DFU fixed was the aspect of this bug that caused people to get stuck inside the clipping area by adding workarounds to the movement physics (then removed these workarounds when the upgrade to Unity 2019 handled this situation better than previously). The fact that this clipping caused a graphical issue has never been addressed by DFU. Conversely, my mod fixed the visual aspect of this bug by moving the floor of 60110 up and away from 60106.
  • The second thing at play is that this mod is a modders' resource in addition to being a bugfix mod for people playing the game. The problem is that even though the engine patched these issues, the original resources still had problems which means that any modder that wants to create something new with these files has to fix the issue themselves. My mod provides these modders a way to get files they can mod which have already been fixed.
  • Can you port this to or make it work in Classic Daggerfall?
  • Hypothetically, it is possible to implement most of my fixes (if not all) in Classic Daggerfall. However, in practice, this requires a lot of effort. One would have to figure out where in ARCH3D.BSA, BLOCKS.BSA and MAPS.BSA the bugs are present. They would then have to either hex edit these files at those offsets or create a way to make these changes to the in-memory copy of those files while the game is running. It is more work than I'm willing to put in.
Version history
Due to the sheer number of changes this mod makes, I feel that it is impractical to list them here. Instead, I have listed the changes on separate web pages.

You can go here for the changelog that summarises the changes made, categorised by version:
Otherwise, these pages give more detailed explanations of the changes made, categorised by file modified:
Donations
While I don't expect any payments for my mods and have no plans to charge anything for them, any donations will be greatly appreciated.
Please see the relevant section of my readme to find the ways you can financially support my work, including 'free' ways.

Screenshots
Spoiler!

There are more screenshots on the Nexus Mods page but here are a few examples:
file.php

This spiral staircase previously had ugly texturing on the vertical part of the steps as well as gaps you could see the void through.
Spiral stair - fix.jpg (218.64 KiB) Viewed 2339 times
file.php

Every staircase I've seen had holes between the steps and the walls they are supposed to be connected to.
Stair - fix.jpg (190.29 KiB) Viewed 2339 times
file.php

This tavern was labelled as a house, preventing it from offering tavern services.
Tavern - fix.jpg (313.14 KiB) Viewed 2339 times
Last edited by XJDHDR on Thu Mar 25, 2021 2:43 am, edited 4 times in total.

Luzur

Good Sir
A New Main Quest BETA
Post by Jay_H » Tue Jun 01, 2021 9:33 am

I added this to Nexus awhile ago, but that was while I was off the forums.

172-1613825060-1287812305.png

A New Main Quest!

This is a fairly short quest mod that completely supplants the Daggerfall main quest. It's sort of an alternate reality version, where (1) people are competent and helpful; (2) you're no longer the errand child for three foreign nations; (3) the threat facing the world is real and imminent; (4) you can summarize what happened in a single paragraph.

Lysandus' death takes a backseat to the real danger to the world, immediately revealed as Numidium. With the help of a few court wizards, you're the leading force to discovering how to control Numidium and who'll decide the future of western Tamriel.

This is incompatible with any installation that runs the normal Main Quest. The whole main quest backbone is rewritten, since many variables are completely unnecessary now. It's linear, it's short, it's somewhat challenging, and I hope it'll be more entertaining and comprehensible than the main quest we're used to.

This is a BETA because there are features I would like to add in the future, but the entire game is complete from start to finish. Since it doesn't have a lot of moving parts there isn't very much that can go wrong; I'm fairly confident it has few or no bugs.

If you want to go back from ANMQ to the normal Main Quest, you'll need to revert the changes done to the quests. The easiest way to do that is just to reinstall Daggerfall Unity (upgrading to a new version does precisely that; if you choose, ANMQ can be installed on a different version than you're normally playing on). You can try to rebuild the backbone, _BRISIEN and so forth, but it's really just easier to reinstall.

Luzur

Good Sir
[MOD] Town Greetings of the Iliac Bay
Post by Cliffworms » Fri May 14, 2021 2:39 pm

51231929414_40c44b32bf_k.jpg

Town Greetings of the Iliac Bay

Latest version : 1.2
Download (Daggerfall Unity Nexus)

Town Greetings of the Iliac Bay adds 41 descriptive messages that show upon arriving at a village, hamlet or city. These messages briefly describe the settlement and inform you of the current date, thus bringing flavor to your travels.

The texts come from the Elder Scrolls I : Arena and have been edited to fit in Daggerfall's world.

If you are more interested in descriptions that affect every settlement type and that do not have Arena's feel, I invite you to try out imsobadatnicknames' Town Descriptions and Details.

SAVE GAMES

The mod will be loaded upon starting a new game.

If you are using an existing game, open the Daggerfall Unity console and type the following :

Startquest tgibstart

CHANGE LOG
Spoiler!
- Formatted the text to fit the SDF fonts and retro rendering modes.
- Added the location/date for all the other exterior locations (dungeons, shrines, etc.)
- Added the current year shown after the day and month.
- Fixed a bug where the messages would show twice in one day, one during the day and one at night.
- Centered the messages
- The debug items that could be obtained have been removed

- Initial Release
Last edited by Cliffworms on Mon Jun 07, 2021 12:37 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Excuse the gloom.

Daggerfall Unity Nexus Profile
General Nexus Modding Profile

Luzur

Good Sir
[Mod] Physical Combat And Armor Overhaul
Post by Magicono43 » Mon Mar 30, 2020 9:28 pm

Physical Combat And Armor Overhaul

Instead of increasing chance to avoid an attack completely, armor now reduces the damage you take, based on the material as well as the type of attack. Skills now determine most of your chance to avoid attacks, including many more features.

Download

UPDATE LOG:
  • Version 1.30, 10/4/2020: Added "Soft Material Requirements" module. This module allows any entity to be damaged by any weapon, despite the material it is made from. However, there is a heavy damage penalty for using less than the minimum required material, this penalty increases as the material values get further away from each other.

• Version 1.20, 7/24/2020:
    1. Clearly Armed Monster Now Have Weapons In Attack Formula. So instead of a Skeleton Warrior having an attack count as "unarmed", they will be given a steel war-axe as their sprite represents for purposes of the damage and condition damage calculations.
    2. Minor Improvements To Condition Damage Warning Messages, Also Added Magic Item Name Support. Still not the best solution, as it still has some spam, but better than before, especially the added RPR:I added item support, magic items properly displaying their names, as well as general optimization of method.
    3. Finalized Bonus & Phobia Method, also made it so enemies benefit from its bonus as well, as well as hand-to-hand use. Also altered all of the enemy stats to "balance" around some enemies having multiple attacks in one animation cycle of their attacks.
    4. Changed Weapon Proficiencies To Be Based On Attributes, No Longer Player Level. With this made each weapon type has different attributes effect the bonus. I could do even more interesting stuff with these, but for now this will work.
    5. Changed Racial Modifiers To Be Based On Attributes, No Longer Player Level. With this, each weapon type has different attributes effect the bonus. Added a few races to the default list, similar to Ralzar's Races Redone.
    6. Took Crack At Balancing Armor Durability Damage Against Higher Level Enemies. Basically made armor and shields take less damage in general from damage, but it should still be enough to be noticeable, hopefully it works better.
    7. Added "Condition Based Effectiveness" Mechanic/Setting, Also fixed some bugs, specifically bluntWeapons not being used as I expected in the main damage formula. With this added mechanic, weapons and armor will be more or less effective based on their current durability value. For example, you will get a damage bonus for having "New" or "Almost New" status on your equipment, and eventually the reverse effect on the lower ends of durability.
    8. Added "Fading Enchanted Items" module and toggle setting. This module makes it so Enchanted weapons and armor broken through physical combat will be destroyed from the player's inventory. This is to keep behavior consistent with other magic items that are "broken" in other ways besides combat.

• Version 1.15, 7/19/2020: Updated For DFU v0.10.25.

• Version 1.15, 7/4/2020:
    1. Added Compatibility with added armor items from Roleplay Realism: Items. Also more intuitive compatibility with Roleplay Realism and Meaner Monster mods, thanks to Ralzar. As well as small code changes for better readability. Confirmed fully functional with DFU v0.10.23, and likely most other version.
    2. Also made some changes to each shield type, now smaller shields like the Buckler have lower base odds of blocking in the spot they cover, but a much higher chance of blocking parts of the body they don't normally cover, and the opposite is true the larger the shield type is. So a buckler functions much different than a tower-shield now.
    3. Forgot to mention, the "Phobia" and "Bonus" advantages and disadvantages had been redone pretty significantly, Human enemies are now effected by the respective "Humanoid" versions of these traits, and Willpower now plays a major role in how bad a phobia of an enemy effects the player's ability to damage said enemy, as well as how much more damage the player deals to an enemy they have a "bonus" against. Player Level is no longer a factor.

• Version 1.10, 4/5/2020: Updated For DFU v0.10.22.

• Version 1.10, 4/3/2020:
    1. Changed how shields work, now attacks against an entity with a shield equipped roll if the shield will be the piece of armor that is doing the damage reduction, or if the armor under it does instead, the chances are much higher for parts of the body that the shield would normally cover, but there is also a smaller chance for other body parts to be protected by the shield as well, a much lower chance, but still a chance. The chances of having the shield reduce the damage are based on the stats of the character, Luck, Endurance, Strength, Willpower, and mostly Agility, and Speed, determine these odds.
    2. With how this mods works, a shield could actually be a detriment for damage reduction, if the armor under said shield was actually "better" than the shield doing the blocking. For example, a leather shield blocking an attack that would have otherwise been taken by a daedric helm would actually deal more damage than if you did not have the shield at all. This issue has been fixed. Now if a piece of "under armor" has a better damage reduction value than the shield currently equipped, the shield will be ignored, and the better under-armor piece will reduce the damage instead. So you will no longer be punished for using a shield of low value with under-armor of better value.
    3. Minor change to the hit-odds of some of the body parts. Feet are now more likely to be hit than the head, and legs are more likely to be hit than the hands.

WHAT DOES THIS MOD CHANGE AND WHY?:
  • Armor has been changed from having the D&D "Armor Class" rule-set, where better armor would give the wearer a better AC, which would make them harder to hit. This mod changes this entire system, now better armor now instead REDUCES how much damage is taken when hit by a physical attack. Similar to more modern Elder Scrolls games, such as Oblivion, this has more detail than that system though.
  • Skills are now what determines your odds of avoiding an attack completely or not. Armor is there to help protect you when you are unable to avoid an attack. With this, the dodge skills has a MUCH higher factor in your avoidance chances, double from classic values. This also works the same for all enemies as well.
  • With the theme of wanting skills and innate traits and abilities having more impact on a characters ability to fight well, weapons have had their Hit Bonus nerfed massively. That daedric sword will now give +14 to the wielders hit chance, instead of the classic +60. With this change, skills now have a far larger impact on a characters ability to hit things. Weapon skills now scale 150% with your skill, instead of 100%.
  • Combat focused racials have been buffed. The Adrenaline Rush special advantage has been buffed, and also triggers at a higher threshold of health than before.
  • Critical Strike has been reworked completely. When you or an enemies lands a critical strike, the damage of that hit will be multiplied, this value increases as the critical strike skill increases, as well as the classic effect of having an increased hit-chance on that strike as well. With this much more powerful version of the critical strike skill, it now has a much more rare chance of happening, which is determined by the skill as well, the luck attribute now also increases the odds of landing a critical strike. So with 100 CS skill and 50 luck, your chance to land a crit is 25%, and with 100 CS and 100 luck, chance is 50%. The damage multiplier goes up to 200% for the player, and 150% for monsters.
  • Damage reduction does not just occur for those using armor. Willpower, Strength, and Endurance all have an effect on the "Natural" physical damage resistance of the player and enemies. Endurance has double the effect that Willpower and Strength have. This natural damage reduction is capped at 20%, both negative and positive. This effect also stacks additively when wearing armor and shields, so it always benefits you, whether naked or armored like a tank.
  • Some monsters also have an innate damage reduction as well, this is to simulate them having armor, that they clearly are wearing in their sprite, but not actually being able to wear armor. This includes many enemies such as the Skeletal Warrior, Daedroths, and Daedra Lord, just to list a few.
  • Shields now serve a much more effective purpose than before. Shields work the same way in that they protect a few parts of a characters body, but instead of adding a meager AC score like in classic, they now add a very significant damage reduction for the parts of the body they protect, and this damage reduction gets better and better as the MATERIAL of the shield improves. So you won't want to just use that leather tower-shield for long, because it will be vastly out-classed in terms of protection and durability by the higher tier materials. Now those Daedric shields actually have a purpose!
  • Since shields are now much more powerful. It also seemed like a good idea to give 2-handed weapons a reason to be used. You now benefit double from the strength modifier for damage while using any 2-handed weapons that are not bows.
  • With the focus on skills and attributes effecting hit-chance in mind. Luck now has a slightly higher impact on avoiding being hit. Speed is now taken into account for both hitting and being hit, but at half the effect that agility now has.
  • More enemies have been added to the previously exclusive to the Skeletal Warrior club of "Takes double damage from silver". This now includes enemies that would make sense to also have this "weakness". Werewolf, Wereboar, Ghost, Wraith, Vampire, and Mummy.
  • This mod also has my previous mod "Believable Equipment Characteristics And Durability" built in as well, which you can find more info on its main mod page. https://www.nexusmods.com/daggerfallunity/mods/75
  • Finally, a big addition for the "balance" of this mod is a custom for this overhaul edit of Ralzar's "Meaner Monsters" mod, which changes the primary combat stats of many enemies in the game, with the intention of making them more of a challenge overall. ALL of the vanilla monsters in Daggerfall have been changed in some way, most of them being much more powerful than their original forms.

SPOILERS/MORE DETAILS/INDIVIDUAL MODULE INFO:
  • If you want EXACT numbers and information on how some mechanics and formula work in this mod, under the hood. You can look at the source code yourself from the github linked lower down. You can also email/post a thread on the parent forum post linked below and I would be happy to answer any questions.

OPTIONS:
  • 1. Equipment Damage Enhanced
  • 2. Fading Enchanted Items
  • 3. Fixed Strength Damage Modifier
  • 4. Armor Hit Formula Redone
  • 5. Critical Strikes Increase Damage
  • 6. Condition Based Effectiveness
  • 7. Soft Material Requirements

Sorry for the short novel, but since essentially all of this is calculated behind the scenes, I felt some detailed explanation was necessary, as well as what my general purpose was in creating this.

I hope to make more mods similar to this, both small and large.

Feel free to leave any suggestions and such, i'm very open to anything, and hopefully you find this addition enjoyable or enhances your Daggerfall Unity experience in some way.

Github Source Code: Github

Possible Future Feature Ideas & Concepts To Be Added:
- 3/31/2020, 8:55 PM: Rudimentary blocking system, essentially making having the shield being hit based on chance, rather than always happening. This would make it so wearing armor under a part covered by the shield would not be pointless. This would also add it so other body parts being hit would give a chance to be 'blocked' by the shield, but a much smaller chance than the normally covered parts like the hands and left-arm. This block chance would be determined by a combination of attributes, and possibly a skill that would hopefully make sense, since I have no concept of the pain that adding a new skill entirely would be at this point. So essentially this would work similar to Morrowind blocking in a way. ___Added on 4/3/2020, added into Version. 1.10

- 4/1/2020, 1:45 PM: Make it so the current condition of a piece of equipment, be it armor or weapon determines how effective that piece of equipment does its job. For example, a "New" long-sword will be much sharper than a "Worn" one, so the higher condition value one will deal more damage than the worn one. This would work the same for armor and shields. This would make it so keeping and maintaining your equipment would be rewarded, and poor maintenance would result in less effective equipment. ___Added on 7/24/2020, added into Version. 1.20
Before I work on this though, I would like to add items that can be used to maintain and repair equipment on the go to some extent, such as whetstones.___Added on 8/1/2020, added with mod "Repair Tools" (https://www.nexusmods.com/daggerfallunity/mods/106) Also, I would like to heavily rework how the repair service works, I think it takes too long when time to repair is activated, I think the cost should be based on more than just the base value of the item, as well as the quality of the store an item is being repaired by should have some effect. I would like to make it so repair time can be taken into hour increments, not just entire days.

- 4/1/2020, 2:25 PM: I would like to make it so there is more "feedback" for the player to know that something has happened to their character in terms of the combat rolls. Specifically, I would like a sound to happen that is similar to how when attacking certain enemies and you miss your roll, you here a "parry" or clashing of weapons noise. This feature however would work when the player or enemies get hit, the ones I would like to add would be if an attack has been negated completely into a 0 damage attack, you would hear a sound like the armor got hit, or an attack glanced off metal or something. The other one being when an attack is "blocked" or at least the damage is taken by the shield in some way, you would hear a sound that would make a noise that you might expect to hear something hitting a shield in some way. I think this audio feedback would add both immersion, as well as let the player know what is sort of going on in terms of the dice rolls and such.

- 4/2/2020, 3:45 PM: I think most players can attest to the fact that after a point, enemies have a harder and harder time get a chance to get an attack off on the player, this usually coming down to the player actively moving around to avoid their attack attempts, as well as the one that bothers me that I wish to change. This issue being the fact that hits against enemies does a noticeable "knock-back" effect on enemies, essentially allowing the player to sort of combo enemies to death, without them being able to do much against this. So what I eventually would like to change is altering the "weight" stat of essentially all enemies, so this knock-back is significantly diminished, BUT, having it so the weight of the weapon being used, as well as the strength of the user gives some difference to this change, so a heavy steel warhammer will do much more knock-back than an ebony tanto, or attack from a bow. ___7/24/2020, Decided this would work better as a separate mod after some testing. It's the enemy AI that needs to be reworked, not just some weight values. The planned mod will be called "Combat AI Overhaul."

- 4/23/2020, 9:40 PM: Someone suggested something on the Nexus Mod Page that I forgot to list here. I would eventually like to have it so the paper-doll accurately represents what the current damage reduction for a body part is, instead of what currently displays, which is the old classic "Armor Value" of the item currently equipped, with my mod enabled this value is completely meaningless, that's why I eventually would like to have this display the actual values that my mod changes these to.

- 7/6/2020, 8:50 AM: Something that might be considered minor to most, but I think would be nice to add. Make it so when enemies that don't normally "use" weapons but are clearly using them in some way in their sprite, such as the Gargoyle, actually use that type of weapon in terms of the damage calculation for durability damage and armor resistance to type of weapon. The way it is currently, the only enemies that actually take these into account are Human NPCs and Orcs, otherwise they are all considered unarmed type attacks, which does not make sense to me for enemies like the Skeleton Warrior or the Gargoyle. ___Added on 7/24/2020, added into Version. 1.20

- 7/26/2020, 9:40 AM: This would likely be more for debugging and testing purposes, but possibly add a console command that would add a HUD display to the screen that would show "live" values for various things happening in combat and such, just useful information in general, maybe some users would find this useful as well while playing, not just for testing. ___7/26/2020, Upon further consideration, this would probably work better as a separate mod entirely, as this sort of function could be used in other ways as well, but this one would specifically be something like a "Combat Log" that some other games have in them.

- 8/8/2020, 10:30 PM: Add a new optional feature, that feature being changed is altering the "material resistances/immunities" of various enemies currently in the game. For example, making Daedroths able to be hit by materials other than Mithril and above, to instead something like Elven or something, to better balance these enemies around limitations such as player level and not being able to easily obtain those higher materials and such. Another good idea to add onto this idea, make another sub-option possible to this feature that will make it so these enemies can be hit by any material to some degree, but as that material gets further and further below their "minimum" required material, increase there damage resistance to said lower material attack accordingly. So using a steel axe against a Daedroth? Well expect your hit to only do 20% of it's expected damage, or something like that. Do this for a bunch of enemies that it would make sense, perhaps all of them. ___Added on 10/4/2020, added into Version. 1.30

Edit 1 -- 4/3/2020, 11:50 PM: Released Update Version 1.10
Edit 2 -- 7/4/2020, 10:30 AM: Released Update Version 1.15
Edit 3 -- 7/19/2020, 11:25 PM: Released Updated Version Compatible With DFU v0.10.25
Edit 4 -- 7/24/2020, 10:50 PM: Released Update Version 1.20
Edit 5 -- 10/4/2020, 4:55 PM: Released Update Version 1.30
Last edited by Magicono43 on Sun Oct 04, 2020 8:55 pm, edited 38 times in total.

Magicono43

Re: [Mod] Armor Reduces Damage Taken Instead Of Avoiding Overhaul
Post by Magicono43 » Mon Mar 30, 2020 9:32 pm

file.php

Main Mod Image
ArmorReducesDamageTakenInsteadOfAvoidingOverhaul Mod Image 1.png (447.72 KiB) Viewed 8773 times
file.php

Armor_Shield Dam Reduction Break-down
Untitled44.png (14.37 KiB) Viewed 8773 times
file.php

Monster Dam Reduction Break-down
Untitled675.png (11.45 KiB) Viewed 8773 times

Magicono43

Re: [Mod] Armor Reduces Damage Taken Instead Of Avoiding Overhaul
Post by Magicono43 » Mon Mar 30, 2020 9:34 pm

file.php

Edited Monster Stats 1
Untitled1112.png (26.29 KiB) Viewed 5233 times
file.php

Edited Monster Stats 2
Untitled22223.png (24.59 KiB) Viewed 5233 times
file.php

Edited Monster Stats 3
Untitled33334.png (19.65 KiB) Viewed 5233 times

Luzur

Good Sir
[MOD] Remastered Friends and Foes
Post by carademono » Fri Apr 23, 2021 6:03 pm

Remastered Friends and Foes
by carademono
https://www.nexusmods.com/daggerfallunity/mods/190

Description
New, upscaled and highly polished sprites for all the villagers wandering around Daggerfall's towns and cities, for the adventurers and bandits roaming its wilderness, and (coming soon) for the monsters lurking in its dungeons. I've tried to balance three priorities: 1) realistic detail, 2) a painting-like aesthetic that blends in well with KoW's marvelous D.R.E.A.M. mods, and 3) fidelity to the original Daggerfall pixel art. I've added faces to all NPCs -- no more empty hoods and helmets -- and to all monsters with faces, including orcs and vampires.

Remastered Friends and Foes is divided into three dfmods:
remastered villagers.dfmod, which adds townfolk sprites.
remastered classes.dfmod, which adds adventurers and bandits sprites.
remastered monsters.dfmod, which adds monster sprites.

Installation
Download it from the Nexus (https://www.nexusmods.com/daggerfallunity/mods/190) and put remastered villagers.dfmod and / or remastered classes.dfmod in your StreamingAssets\Mods folder.

Compatibility
It should be compatible with everything except for D.R.E.A.M.'s sprite modules (which it replaces) and may have the same issues with VIO that D.R.E.A.M. has. I highly recommend that you use it with D.R.E.A.M. -- but make sure to put Remastered dfmods lower in the load order.

Changelog
v1.0: Original release
v1.5: Major improvements in all sprites, particularly while walking towards the player. Sprites are no longer mipmapped (oops!), so NPCs appear smooth in the distance. Added remastered guards, complete with faces that scowl at you in conversation with you, while walking towards you, or while swinging an axe at you.
v1.51: Guard now uses a vanilla Daggerfall face.
v2.0: Remastered Classes released.
v3.0: Remastered Monsters released.

Note: Do you have artistic skills and would like to touch these up further or even make your own alternative version? Send me a message and I'll be happy to send you the pngs.

Screenshots

190-1621294834-1539145354.png

190-1621196549-413950665.png

190-1619708571-1656642692.png

190-1619708585-1318266786.png

190-1619708596-212117471.png

190-1619708639-1737980962.png

190-1620927558-464506021.png

Last edited by carademono on Mon May 17, 2021 11:47 pm, edited 9 times in total.

agris

Arcane
Patron
Props to the AI for smearing the lipstick tho, it’s a believable detail most carbon-based artists wouldn’t think to include.

index.php

Arcane
Daggerfall Unity 0.11.5 Beta
Interkarma released this 4 hours ago

Getting Started
If this is your first time installing Daggerfall Unity, please visit Installing Daggerfall Unity and Other Information for help getting started.

Downloads for each platform are under "Assets" below release notes.

Featured Changes
Ferital

• Match quest NPCs location scopes and genders to classic #2145
KABoissonneault

• Added "Accessibility" panel in DFU settings, with 4 new settings to select building colors in the Automap #2147
  • Initial work on modding new enemies #2163
  • Modding new mobile textures #2160
  • Added a TextAssetReader Merge for SPELLS.STD spell records #2121
Jefetienne

• Added dropdown options in pause menu #2165
General Fixes & Improvements
Jay_H

• Greatly reduce Lord Kavar spawns #2162
  • Adds failsafe spawn to A0C01Y01 #2178
Jefetienne

• Allow Advanced Controls UI components open to modding #2152
  • Use generic IEnumerables for 'AddItems' methods #2153
  • Display warning label for runtime mod settings #2168
  • Fix default binding accidental overrides #2170
  • Autorun fixes #2177
Ferital

• Use FLATS.CFG to set gender of exterior NPCs #2154
TheLacus

• Fix cache issue with climate/season model variants #2043
KABoissonneault

• Exposed more functions and data in the Talk window #2140
  • Fixed "pc at any [location]" guildhall issue #2141
  • Fixed AI pathfinding issues when getting shot at #2146
  • Fixed guards accidentally not being above the player level #2150
  • Fixed missing "OnLootSpawned" event for house/shop containers #2182
Pango

• Fix two | -> || typos 32ab997
  • Fix one & -> && typo e3ea989
  • Preserve rumors line breaks on bulletin boards #2135
Hazelnut

• Clear location cache if world data variant is set #2143
  • Ensure the gold variant is distinguishable from clicked npc #2144
  • Remove redundant ModifyFoundLootItems formula #2102
  • Fix interaction mode icon display at low resolutions #2148
  • Pass face record id into mobile person asset #2149
  • Fix multiple exterior npc bugs #2155
  • Layout building exterior flats #2156
  • Add colliders to custom dungeon models using "COL" #2157
  • Apply the fix for custom item image size to accessory items #2158
  • Add frame speed divisor to abstract class #2161
  • Fix billboard animation so frame 0 is rendered first #2166
  • Correct the faces used for archive 452 to match classic #2169
  • Restore dungeon types from classic #2172
  • Ensure only new locations are picked up from mods #2173
  • Fix RDB door data in runtime patching #2175
  • Fix a loading issue when EnumerateMaps() is run before mods enable/disable state is set. #2176
  • Fix a misaligned lever in N0000052.RDB #2180
Interkarma

• Adjust GetScale() to use X and Y 3d9f8bb
  • Allow vertical FOV setting up to 120 degrees d2cb277
  • Fix not starting in correct cell using StartCellX/StartCellY 0d0a3e6
  • Magic candle light now observes spell shadows setting 4536c4d
  • Enforce short delay between floating origin offset triggers 663df42
  • Remove WeaponSensitivity setting 9fb6b6a
  • Fix Light Powered Magery disadvantage in interiors 05f0f19
  • Weight quest rumours to display more frequently 8ced144

Narushima

Cipher
The guy spends years recreating and improving Daggerfall in a modern engine, without a Patreon page or even a link to donate to his Paypal.
What's this, the old Internet?!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom