Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

From Software Dark Souls 3

Damned Registrations

Furry Weeaboo Nazi Nihilist
Hey guys fallout is total bullshit I put all my points into wilderness and computers and then tried punching this gangster to death but it took me like 1000 reloads shit game so random. Anyone who says otherwise is a faggot elitist prick with too much skill.

Silva

Arcane
About the DLC, I hope it's at least strongly tied lore-wise to the main game, as Artorias and Old Hunters were for DS1 and BB respectively. DS2 missed in this respect I think (even if the areas per se were top notch).

Hmmm, this make me think: Are the Souls series DLCs the best in the market ? All of them have been kickass IMO. I can't remember another game/series that deliver so much in this department.

Silva

Arcane
I would like to see more of Londor and the Prophaned Capital in the DLC. I think these were the 2 bits of lore/world that excited me the most.

But I don't think I have the spirit to another Dark Souls full-blown entry. I think From should let the IP rest for now (or forever). I confess I'm tired of the formula, and DS3 just confirmed this, as my playthrough of it lacked the enthusiasm of the previous entries. The experience felt much more "mundane" this time.

One interesting thing I would like to see is a "combat simulation" Bushido Blade-like spinoff, taking out the bunny-rolling and swapping it for actual footwork, stances and back and forth maneuvers. Go back to the slower/heavier combat mechanics of DS1/2 and tweak it so we have a duel based game. I would give some money for that.

vdweller

Arcane
Developer
The experience felt much more "mundane" this time.

I see what infusion you did there :)

A text adventure would be great!

"Champion Gundyr lunges forward at you with his huge poleaxe! What do you do?"
(Types "Dodge Left")
"With a swift pivoting motion, in the blink of an eye, Gundir predicts your landing position and the hit connects! Champion Gundyr hits you. Champion Gundir hits you. Champion Gundyr hits you. Champion Gundyr critically hits you. You are bleeding! Champion Gundyr hits you. You die..."
(Quits to MS-DOS)

Hobo Elf

Arcane
One interesting thing I would like to see is a "combat simulation" Bushido Blade-like spinoff, taking out the bunny-rolling and swapping it for actual footwork, stances and back and forth maneuvers. Go back to the slower/heavier combat mechanics of DS1/2 and tweak it so we have a duel based game. I would give some money for that.

Sounds like Nioh might be what you are looking for.

Silva

Arcane
The experience felt much more "mundane" this time.

I see what infusion you did there :)

A text adventure would be great!

"Champion Gundyr lunges forward at you with his huge poleaxe! What do you do?"
(Types "Dodge Left")
"With a swift pivoting motion, in the blink of an eye, Gundir predicts your landing position and the hit connects! Champion Gundyr hits you. Champion Gundir hits you. Champion Gundyr hits you. Champion Gundyr critically hits you. You are bleeding! Champion Gundyr hits you. You die..."
(Quits to MS-DOS)
:lol:

Hobo Elf

Arcane
Sounds like Nioh might be what you are looking for.
Nah, last gameplay I've seen of it Nioh looked too arcadey, like a mix of DS and Ninja Gaiden. My proposal is the total opposite of it.

It's probably not exactly what you want, but it does have better footwork than Souls because there are no i-frames so you have to physically avoid contact with all attacks instead of rolling through them. Also has stances. Give the demo a try if you are ever in a position to do so.

I would like DLCs set a sail towards something new and original. And maybe tease DARK SOULS 4.

New FROM game won't be dark souls. Something was said about them making a "successor" to Bloodborne though not Bloodborne 2.

Hoping for more Souls-like entries. Gonna buy DS2 if it's on sale as well. Haven't had this much fun in years with any game.

Silva

Arcane
Ok, let's talk about our Larping fantasies.

When I found there was this Viking background in the game I got really excited. As I could never do a decent Viking guy in any souls game (Craighton came close in 2) it was like my dreams came true. And that wonderful axe martial art only added to it. I was in heaven.

Then by midgame I realized there wasn't many gear that sinergized with my viking guy and got disappointed. I start probing for other builds until I met this dude in PvP wearing Abyss Watchers attire and doing this cool break-dance like moves in the ground with its weapons. Oh man, that was so cool that I totally changed my character to be like that. And it was really cool for a while...

....until I've found those three "black hand" or something dudes trying to gang up on me by endgame. They were so nimble and cool with those awesome black hats, and one of them looked like a badass duelist with those dual wielding swords. Oh man, I have to be like them, I thought. Then, after collecting all the lore I could about these "black hand assassins" and psyching up to be like them, I started a whole new game as an assassin background and now I collected their armor and weapons ( Onikiri & Ubadachi YEAAAHHH!) and I'm totally badass like them.

So your time, bros. Tell us of your Larping fantasies.

DramaticPopcorn

I wanted to run around with Executioner's Greatsword and that's what I did, for 20 hrs :M

sullynathan

Arcane
fuck, I really dislike the area between pontiff sulyhvanns bonfire and anor londo. Invading is broken here. I can kill one invader at a time but I was fucking triple teamed here with no help at all.

nomask7

Arcane
How does a strength based shield guy beat the Dancer? Dumb luck? I can avoid the spin spin spin spin spin spin attack, but once she does the combo combo combo combo combo combo attack, I'm dead if I happen to be anywhere nearby. Shield completely useless for that.

sullynathan

Arcane
What shield are you using? It was easy when I did it. Just block all the attacks and make sure than when you do attack, you still have enough stamina to block and keep circling around the dancer too.

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
How does a strength based shield guy beat the Dancer? Dumb luck? I can avoid the spin spin spin spin spin spin attack, but once she does the combo combo combo combo combo combo attack, I'm dead if I happen to be anywhere nearby. Shield completely useless for that.

Doesn't matter what build you are: just run around when she starts spinning.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom