Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Preview Dark Souls PC Previews at RPS and Eurogamer

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
I think I'm getting trolled, which is fine.
The answer is that you probably have the PS3 setup in front of some HDTV and can play from your comfy couch whereas your PC is probably setup in your computer room and you'd have to sit in a chair. Chances are your TV is bigger than your monitor.

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
I guess so, but that'd require connecting your TV to the PC with an HDMI cable or something. I don't like having the cable nor interfacing with a PC through my TV. Like work and private life, PC and TV should be kept separately.

Marsal

Arcane
I think I'm getting trolled, which is fine.
The answer is that you probably have the PS3 setup in front of some HDTV and can play from your comfy couch whereas your PC is probably setup in your computer room and you'd have to sit in a chair. Chances are your TV is bigger than your monitor.

I think I'm trolling

Why wouldn't I just hook up my PC with my controller to my TV? :O

oh right i do that

Are you two serious? Comfy couch? Playing games with a controller and bragging about it? Did I accidentally venture into Bioshwitz boards? What's next? Playing Mass Effect 7 times for the story and emotional engagement?

I know Jasede is a massive faggot (in every meaning of the word) and the only decent thing would be to IP ban him.

But what's up with you, Grunker? First the Fagbook, now this?

movie-gifs-262.gif

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
my buddy likes fifa and i like tekken

and guitar hero

but those games are crap if you don't got no friends so i get you brah

Marsal

Arcane
my buddy likes fifa and i like tekken

and guitar hero

but those games are crap if you don't got no friends so i get you brah
I see what you mean, brah. I do admit I don't go to my buddies place to play games with them. That does explain a lot, though. I'm just surprised you're such a versatile gaymer and yet have the time to so prolifically post on the Codex and manage its Fagbook profile.

You are truly and utterly fabulous, Grunker.

tumblr_ln6f5nK5GE1ql0kt3o1_400.gif

Stinger

Arcane
I'll wait till a $5 sale on steam and by then someone might have come up with the appropriate fixes too. I will not pay $70 for a subpar port.

Self-Ejected

Brayko

Self-Ejected
I understand some people could like Derp Souls, I suppose, but mis-leading people into thinking it's the greatest game of the last few years is beyond retarded and absolutely ban worthy.

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Please list at least three games you thought were better.
Also, I'd be extremely surprised if my opinion "misled" anyone. After all it's just that- from a dubious individual, to boot.

That said it's pretty obvious I'm in the 99.8th% percentile of good video game taste.

I understand some people could like Derp Souls, I suppose, but mis-leading people into thinking it's the greatest game of the last few years is beyond retarded and absolutely ban worthy.

Knights of the Chalice
Dark Souls
Bayonetta (maybe)

That's all I can really classify as truly great that has been released the last three years, and I've even got serious reservations on one. Of course, I'm disregarding titles from real niche genres and only counting those that have more of a wide appeal (if not a wide marketing campaign; Knights can certainly appeal to a lot of people in a way that).

I'm curious...what would you say are some the greatest games of the last three years? Discounting ultra-niche stuff (i.e. Matrix games titles, obscure DotA clones, pigeon dating sims), can you list some stuff, brother? Because I'm not seeing em'. In all honesty, I'd be curious to see what I may have missed. Of course this is probably an exercise in futility for both of us, probably due to a huge gulf in personal tastes...but whatever.

flabbyjack

Arcane
Dark Souls is an excellent improvement upon the damn good Demon's Souls. It has better pacing(Checkpoints), the core gameplay controls have been improved, and many features made more accessible to a new player(Enchanting, phantoms, multiplayer co-op/PvP). The news of GFWL comes as a shocking blow because it has NEVER EVER WORKED ON MY PC! To be fair, I have only tried it with one game, but the service crashes every damn time and prevents me from playing. I was really looking forward to the PC port :(

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
The GFWL requirement is utterly mind boggling. The entire Management at Namco should be fired. What in the fuck were they thinking?

Darkforge

Augur
No, those games are just crap... period.

I would agree but Tekken in particular is absolutely not shit. It one of the deepest gaming experiences you can have on any platform. But pointless to go into here on a RPG-asshole forum. I can understand not liking fighting games but at their best are the closest thing you will find to chess in video game form but exponentially faster.

all those other games are indeed rubbish though.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
The GFWL requirement is utterly mind boggling. The entire Management at Namco should be fired. What in the fuck were they thinking?

As a lot of people are suggesting that (combined with the straight port with pretty much zero tweaks) seems like they intentionally want it to fail so they can say: see there is no market on it for the PC and they don't have to bother with porting again. Of course, I doubt that makes much sense economically but neither do any of their choices as a whole regarding the PC version.

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath

As a lot of people are suggesting that (combined with the straight port with pretty much zero tweaks) seems like they intentionally want it to fail so they can say: see there is no market on it for the PC and they don't have to bother with porting again. Of course, I doubt that makes much sense economically but neither do any of their choices as a whole regarding the PC version.
Bullshit. They just A) don't know any better. B) microsoft made them do it. Relic used the shitty GFWL for Dawn of War 2 right until the last expansion, and they are a PC centric company.

made

Arcane

Stupid gaijin cannot comprehend superior Japanese reasoning.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom