Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

People News David Gaider leaves BioWare

Black

Arcane
Now he can become a freelance kickstarter stretch-goal.
As in, give us 1 mil and we won't let gaydar on the team.
You know what, let's reminisce.
http://imgur.com/a/OqY71/all

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
So is anyone from the original/older Bioware team left at the studio or is it only nu-Bioware now. (Karpyshyn returned if I remember correctly).

Lukas Kristjanson from BG is still one of their oldest employees.

I say Bethesda. next Elder Scrolls needs more inkloosive romance

You could already gay marry in Skyrim.

Andhaira

Arcane
What if MCA joins Bioware now, and Dgaider joins Obsidian?

What if they both join IneXile (sp)?

What if they both + Peter Molyneux form a new studio to make overhyped bullshit?

Uncertain now, the future is...clouds everything, dork side does.

oldmanpaco

Master of Siestas
Dragon Age 2 was the gayest (as in man-fucking-man) RPG ever made. I can only hope Gaider brings his particular depiction of sodomy to a whole new level once the shackles of Bioware have been cast aside.

undecaf

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
I haven't inhaled Gaider's stuff as much as the rest of the codex, never been a fan of Bioware in the first place, but perhaps the guy is now free from burden of expectation and from the corner Bioware has driven itself in with the infantile romance shit it produces; which its fans expect. Who knows, maybe where ever he goes now, he's put on a tighter leash and/or is able to do something less shitty.

Or perhaps not. Does anybody really care?

markec

Twitterbot
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Dead State Project: Eternity Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Now Gaider and Jennifer Hepler can form a dream team and make a story driven RPG about gay cowboys eating pudding.

duanth123

Arcane
Now he can become a freelance kickstarter stretch-goal.
As in, give us 1 mil and we won't let gaydar on the team.
You know what, let's reminisce.
http://imgur.com/a/OqY71/all

I would pledge to any kickstarter that included him as a stretch goal.

Provided, of course, that the stretch goal is strictly limited to him taking those beautiful writer hands of his and using them to demo a series of toupees based on hairstyles that will be featured in the final project.
2n1gpz9.jpg

*-*/\--/\~

Cipher
Or better yet, he jumps from a 20 story building, lands on Todd and gets the rest of Craphesda arrested for it. Followed by a worldwide ban on consoles. Ahh...

Mangoose

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity
I haven't inhaled Gaider's stuff as much as the rest of the codex, never been a fan of Bioware in the first place, but perhaps the guy is now free from burden of expectation and from the corner Bioware has driven itself in with the infantile romance shit it produces; which its fans expect. Who knows, maybe where ever he goes now, he's put on a tighter leash and/or is able to do something less shitty.

Or perhaps not. Does anybody really care?
Well the thing is that Gaider is a good designer but a bad writer.

Skilled and talented people playing roles that they are shitty at :lesigh: (coughGeorgecoughLucascough)

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Maybe he got into a fight with the BioWare resident anti-white guy :)

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom