Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Dead Space remake from Motive Studios

Wunderbar

Arcane
So, apart from everything being dark af, game trying to cook your processor and "updated for modern audiences" stuff (tranny toilets, granny gf etc), what are the actual changes?
The game is no longer split into separate chapters, you can now freely walk between different sections of Ishimura. Devs also tried to incentivize backtracking to already explored locations by adding locked chests and storage rooms that require Isaac to have a specific access level. Basically, they turned Dead Space from a level-based game into a primitive 3D metroidvania.

Another gameplay addition was the ability to turn on/off life support functions in certain areas. For example, in order to proceed with your main objective, you need to turn on the elevator - but there's not enough power to do that. So in order to reroute power for the elevator, you must choose the lesser evil - either disable oxygen supplying (makes the next area harder because you are now in vaccuum), or disable lighting (turns the next area pitch-black).

There are other smaller additions and balancing changes (such as "AI director" that dynamically creates new encounters when walking through already explored locations, or a new way of acquiring weapons).

Last edited:

CthuluIsSpy

Arcane
So, apart from everything being dark af, game trying to cook your processor and "updated for modern audiences" stuff (tranny toilets, granny gf etc), what are the actual changes?
The game is no longer split into separate chapters, you can now freely walk between different sections of Ishimura. Devs also tried to incentivize backtracking to already explored locations by adding locked locked chests and storage rooms that require Isaac to have a specific access level. Basically, they turned Dead Space from a level-based game into a primitive 3D metroidvania.

Another gameplay addition was the ability to turn on/off life support functions in certain areas. For example, in order to proceed with your main objective, you need to turn on the elevator - but there's not enough power to do that. So in order to reroute power for the elevator, you must choose the lesser evil - either disable oxygen supplying (makes the next area harder because you are now in vaccuum), or disable lighting (turns the next area pitch-black).

There are other smaller additions and balancing changes.
That actually sounds kind of neat.
Pity about the hamfisted woke shit.

cretin

Magister
Douchebag!
The most insidious woke shit isn't when it's in your face, it's when its subtle but pervasive. They are actively trying to normalize their worldview and stick a mindvirus transdick into your brain.

I won't even be pirating this. Its kind of a shame too, since DS is the exact kind of mediocre moviegame that benefits from a visual remake.

Codex Year of the Donut
is this an example of that high quality environmental storytelling I heard about?
image.jpg

Do people actually believe that if they abolish "capitalism", they wil also abolish shitty jobs or even work itself?
That is the idea. I don't have any links on hand off the top of my head but I recall some thread or other where a bunch of leftist types were talking about what sort of jobs they'd have in "the commune" after capitalism was abolished. Out of a few dozen people I think maybe one of them suggested that they'd do a useful trade and the rest said they'd do things like baking cookies, singing, writing communist "theory", etc. Maybe someone else remembers the original thread or image or whatever.

Anyways. Yes. They basically see abolishing capitalism as being given a free ride through life.

Fargus

Arcane
the rest said they'd do things like baking cookies, singing, writing communist "theory", etc. Maybe someone else remembers the original thread or image or whatever.

So doing fuck all pretty much.

Lmao they would have been jailed if they refused to work during commie times.

lightbane

Arcane
Woketards don't understand subtlety. Also, making the ship darker and scarier BEFORE the zombie mutant aliens show up is missing the point. This is not meant to be WH40k.
I wonder if/when the sequel is "remastered" whether they'll touch up the blatantly evil not-Scientologist wackos to some degree. We can't have cultists as villains not anymore, or as frequently, because actual cultists are in positions of power.

mediocrepoet

Philosoraptor in Residence
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex+ Now Streaming! MCA Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
Heard it is scary as fuck. People literally jumping out of chairs.
I can see why.

Wow, I can't believe they have the balls to admit that transgender people aren't women. Afterall, if they were there would be no need to place them and women on the same panel.
... You know, you should go post something like that at rere-era and see if you can start a screeching shit storm. That'd be some social justice. :smug:

The Wall

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Zionist Agent
What is the possible reasoning?
Capcom's Resident Evil 2-3 remakes being highly successful.
Brother, don't know if you had noticed, but there is GIANT vacuum on video games market in past several years. There are literally 1-2, some years less, competently made and fun AAA games. Industry has gone WOKE, white males are gone, Tyrone and Trannies are still afraid to open C# manual. Anyone who thinks it's more complex then that self gaslights. Pop-culture as whole has never had more money and less soul, quality entertainment production in West is on all time low

That's why Remakes are so popular. That, money and desire to rewrite past

The Wall

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Zionist Agent
Notice some don't even use the "remake" term, just Dead Space. Keep on to your originals people.
This. I'm genuinely not sure if they haven't already started rewriting old good books like 1984. Yes, rewritting 1984. For the fabled ''modern audience''. Wouldn't be surprised. We should gather all good old games and make Digital Alexandrian Library of Gaming. That's one of my goals for 2023. I'll make Thread about it here on Codex. We're heading towards war for soul of Humanity. Only blind and those who pulled out their eyes in order to not see horrors around us, can't see where bus is headed

CthuluIsSpy

Arcane
Notice some don't even use the "remake" term, just Dead Space. Keep on to your originals people.
This. I'm genuinely not sure if they haven't already started rewriting old good books like 1984. Yes, rewritting 1984. For the fabled ''modern audience''. Wouldn't be surprised. We should gather all good old games and make Digital Alexandrian Library of Gaming. That's one of my goals for 2023. I'll make Thread about it here on Codex. We're heading towards war for soul of Humanity. Only blind and those who pulled out their eyes in order to not see horrors around us, can't see where bus is headed
Just like Saint Leibowitz would have wanted.
Or the Omnissiah, pick your preferred fiction.
The Ad mech is basically just a militant cyborg Order of Leibowitz anyway.

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Woketards don't understand subtlety. Also, making the ship darker and scarier BEFORE the zombie mutant aliens show up is missing the point. This is not meant to be WH40k.
I wonder if/when the sequel is "remastered" whether they'll touch up the blatantly evil not-Scientologist wackos to some degree. We can't have cultists as villains not anymore, or as frequently, because actual cultists are in positions of power.

Yeah, mentioned that before. Who builds a ship horror themed?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom