Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Dead Space remake from Motive Studios

Broseph

Dangerous JB
Patron
Why are all the normies giving this remake rave reviews? It seems like a wholly unnecessary product. The original game is only 15 years old and still looks and plays fine ffs.

mediocrepoet

Philosoraptor in Residence
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex+ Now Streaming! MCA Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
Why are all the normies giving this remake rave reviews? It seems like a wholly unnecessary product. The original game is only 15 years old and still looks and plays fine ffs.
I watched this guy's video where he had the original and remake side by side for the tentacle drag sequence. The main difference is the remake had more blood that looked weirdly glossy and the colours were more vibrant. It looked like the same game with one of those texture pack mods stuck on it.

agentorange

Arcane
Patron
rpghq (cant read codex pms cuz of fag 2fa)
Codex 2012
The plot in the first one was a perfectly serviceable sci-fi horror, the ever popular Alien/System Shock/Event Horizon pastiche. Should have been a one and done game. I found the sequel to be miserable and dour. It didn't help that I could see the final rug-pull plot twist coming from the beginning of the game (get this the weird ghost form the evil alien monolith is actually evil), but the moron Isaac had to go through the motions anyway. Then of course nothing in the game matters in the end because they needed to make a third one. Then the third one also has the whole "nothing in the game matters because the evil guys knew everything all along, surprise."

Dexter

Arcane
I watched this guy's video where he had the original and remake side by side for the tentacle drag sequence. The main difference is the remake had more blood that looked weirdly glossy and the colours were more vibrant. It looked like the same game with one of those texture pack mods stuck on it.

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Wtf. From kinda heroic death to stupid. How did he not know that was a necromorph after surviving that long onboard?

Zboj Lamignat

Arcane
Wtf is this I don't even. And why does Isaac look like a completely different person? Nicole is a granny, but at least you can kinda stomach it might be the same person 30-40 years later. But Isaac is a totally different guy.

Ravielsk

Magister
Brother, don't know if you had noticed, but there is GIANT vacuum on video games market in past several years. There are literally 1-2, some years less, competently made and fun AAA games. Industry has gone WOKE, white males are gone, Tyrone and Trannies are still afraid to open C# manual. Anyone who thinks it's more complex then that self gaslights. Pop-culture as whole has never had more money and less soul, quality entertainment production in West is on all time low

That's why Remakes are so popular. That, money and desire to rewrite past
Its actually bizarre what an absolute nothing the two latest console generations are.

I am a cheap asshole and as such I like to get my games for a literal buck. So I very often browse site where people sell used stuff and pawnshops to get deals. And I can tell you that between 2016 and now the inventory of games that I see on either has basically remained the same. About 80% of what people were selling and buying in 2016 is the same as in 2023, even the pricing remained identical despite the inflation because there is no way to sell the same crap from 5 year(or 10+ since its all ports and remakes) ago for more. Its like the industry crashed in 2016 and the only one left around are small groups of indie devs that still did not receive the memo.

Last edited:

lightbane

Arcane
Wtf. From kinda heroic death to stupid. How did he not know that was a necromorph after surviving that long onboard?
Not only that, it's a basic bitch Necromorph! At least in the OG he fought (and died) against a Brute, which he had no way to win against to be fair. Meanwhile, in the remake the DRAMAH! is cranked up to 11.

Fargus

Arcane
Wtf is this I don't even. And why does Isaac look like a completely different person? Nicole is a granny, but at least you can kinda stomach it might be the same person 30-40 years later. But Isaac is a totally different guy.
they wanted him to look like the voice actor

https://www.imdb.com/name/nm2322406/

Why tho? To use that shitty face scan tech that makes uncanny valley looking characters and "better" facial animation? I saw the ending i think 1-2 pages ago and his facial animation is on the level of far cry 3 lol.

CthuluIsSpy

Arcane

Why tho? To use that shitty face scan tech that makes uncanny valley looking characters and "better" facial animation? I saw the ending i think 1-2 pages ago and his facial animation is on the level of far cry 3 lol.
Because muh reelizm.
Also because modeling and designing is hard, and if the lazy gits can cheat by just copying someone's face they will.

Wunderbar

Arcane
These days AAA devs like to copy voice actors' likeness just because. Back when LA Noire was being developed it made sense to copy an actor's face because of the performance capture tech, nowadays there's no point in not creating your own face.

My suspicion is (((hollywood)))-style celebrity worship. They want to make voice actors basically BE actors, and video games to be samey trash where you recognize X person from real life in the game, destroying your immersion.

Remember when it was considered a good thing when high quality voice actors like Stephen Russell could do a lot of different and unrecognizable voices (seriously he voice acted like half the characters in Thief 1 and 2 and they all sound different) and you had no clue it was the same voice actor until you looked up the credits? Well forget that, now they WANT you to recognize the voice actor, especially if it's an actual (((hollywood))) actor, because they're desperate for normalnigger approval. "Look at us, we got a hollywood celebrity in our game! Please consider us cool now!"

lycanwarrior

Scholar
Because most people are retarded, as that movie Idiocracy accurately predicted.

Or they are shills for EA. Plenty of them on Reddit although you will see some on Youtube sometimes.

Machocruz

Arcane
We're back to X360 days, praise the new shit because it's new and hope the volume of praise is enough to drown out legit criticism and/or make people forget about the original, superior product.

lycanwarrior

Scholar
What did EA mean by this?

FnqP6awWAAAPqZx

https://steamcommunity.com/app/1693980/discussions/0/3770111056971776410/

Literally not buying the game cuz of bathrooms idc
Really wtf? Enjoyed this ♥♥♥♥ as a kid and now there forcing genderless bathrroms on us for no reason other than to shove political trash down ur throat.

Forreal, was gonna buy this was mad hyped but then I see that not only do they got this genderless bathroom ♥♥♥♥ but also u can find out that there are voice logs of a gay relationship that was just added as fluff to the game to meet a agenda.

What really was the final straw for me was all the race swapped charactrers u see in the game, its like here's dead space with better looks - but take into consideration how oppressed these ppl are even tho ur playing a game to slaughter aliens.

Thats what i wanted all along in dead space,, woke politics. Will not support this trrash.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom