Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Dead State: Reanimated

Perkel

Arcane
Congratz to Double Bear. You won achievement :avatard: of the year !

You fucked up so completely that you are now featured on front page gaming reddit which has more members than all gaming sites put together and the some.
Even better is that you have now shitstain on your clothes which will never come off which means next kickstarter is out of question.
Seriously, you fucking idiots.

Want pro advice ? Apologize your fans.

Say that you were too hot headed,
apologize for bugs in game and say you will deal with them in future updates,
you will unban and won't ban criticism in the future.

This is all it takes.

ibrpD6iD0QTnGY.png

Black

Arcane
Will you krauts ever learn that "WELL I DIDN'T FIND A SINGLE BUG" isn't a valid defence?! How many more countries do you have to invade to get that through your skulls?!

Starwars

Arcane
Haven't had much in the way of bugs either that I can recall. Was one instance where I could move through a wall that was supposed to be solid but that's all.

Morkar Left

Will you krauts ever learn that "WELL I DIDN'T FIND A SINGLE BUG" isn't a valid defence?! How many more countries do you have to invade to get that through your skulls?!
Will idiots never learn to read?
Personally I didn't have a single bug so far but I fully believe there are scripting issues and the game wasreleased to early.

the_shadow

Arcane
Congratz to Double Bear. You won achievement :avatard: of the year !

You fucked up so completely that you are now featured on front page gaming reddit which has more members than all gaming sites put together and the some.
Even better is that you have now shitstain on your clothes which will never come off which means next kickstarter is out of question.
Seriously, you fucking idiots.

Want pro advice ? Apologize your fans.

Say that you were too hot headed,
apologize for bugs in game and say you will deal with them in future updates,
you will unban and won't ban criticism in the future.

This is all it takes.

ibrpD6iD0QTnGY.png

Sometimes bad publicity is better than no publicity. I'd never heard of these guys before this debacle, and Dead State seems like an interesting concept. Once they've ironed out the bugs, I'll definitely purchase it and enjoy it. And I'll being lolling at all the retards wasting their time bitching and moaning about meanie producers. Oh, you precious little snowflakes, you crack me up. :D

Drowed

Arcane
What a wild ride this is, even TotalBiscuit jumped in it. Well, they can only blame themselves for this fiasco. I'm not saying that the attitude that guy was appropriate or anything like that, it doesn't matter. He could have made the most offensive posts possible in the forums, but when a developer comes down to the same level (or try to play the victim card), the picture changes - or at least, the "internet" thinks so. I thought by now most people know how the internet works. Apparently not. I know that patience and good will are things that run out (fast), but there's no way around it: you need to have a will of iron if you're going to deal with the public. If you don't have it, hire someone who has it to do it for you. Giving ammunition to the headless and angry crowd of anonymous users is the last thing you should do - and that's what Annie did. More than once.

The result is expected. It's a shame, though, because Dead State seems like an interesting game, and I even want to buy it one day (when in a higher discount). This, hoping, perhaps, that in a possible Dead State 2, the ideas they had could be further developed. But now, I don't know if I see much future for Double Bear.

Last edited:

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
You think they would have learned from the Lynxx debacle. DoubleBear are not learning animals.

The top 16 reviews are now negative. Brought this on themselves. :)

Unwanted
Shitposter
Nazi death cult center of jew medicine avoidance
If Derek Smart is still making games, it must be pretty much impossibru to make yourself that much of a pariah.

Yup. There might be a million times I want to tell people what I really think about 'em, but it's never a good idea. Especially with customers/stakeholders. Do that, get fucked for free, can't even blame anyone but yourself. Yeah, I agree, it's a very human thing to do, but if you're running a business, or are in a responsible position, you want to keep that human side in firm grasp. It's a sad fact but a fact nevertheless.

It's kinda even worse when done on the Internet - good luck wiping it off your record, one outburst and people can keep digging it up for decades. More than one outburst, and wow, you've really shot yourself in the foot, congrats.

Problem goes deeper than some faux pas. It's a pattern that's been going on a long time. If the review were something that could be rebutted and then she blew up out of the blue she'd have my sympathy. The whole situation just shows an incredible sense of entitlement and a developer that casually uses its fan base. I am blasted out of my mind there's still people who actually are happy enough about the game to defend it in spite of not really having much to say about it which they genuinely like.

Perkel

Arcane
Yeah they have amazing game at hands which with few more fixes would be really good game and DS2 could be got tier game if budget was right.

It's like they never read any internet ever and how people hate cenzorship.

Darth Roxor

Rattus Iratus
Staff Member
A BRO of mine is playing this and keeps sending me various silly bugs, examples of stupid design and ridiculous dialogue snippets. He concluded today that "all things considered the game becomes very unappealing if you are not doing it for the lulz" - couple that with the above drama, copypasta and various abysmal PR fallout, and I sure am glad I didn't buy this. R00fles!

Angthoron

Arcane
Welp, this is like taking a list of good things to do and doing the opposite of what's on it. Although in this particular instance, I wonder if DB themselves are not directly to blame. Now, I don't know how they're doing the whole Steam moderating stuff, but it may well be that they have some volunteer community-based moderators helping out with Steam threads.

What's unfortunate is that instead of taking people that like the devs and the game(s) but retain a critical eye, most devs grab people with a lot of free time and a pretty much blind devotion. For AAA-game forums, this type of people is a-okay for a while - it works for Bio and Beth and Blizz and countless others, but with a smaller-sized dev, you do not want these people to manage your community affairs because they end up poisoning the shit with their blind devotion - they believe that the devs are good by default and will only serve to piss unhappy people off, while positive-but-critical people tend to sway others to their ways of thinking by, well, the whole reasoning thing.

So, all it takes is one or two such idiots to go to a public outlet and shit everything up. Of course, it's DB's fault for choosing such idiots to run the community and moderation, but it's still not their direct choice. Or well. I hope it isn't, because that's just incredibly dumb, ignorant and, well, naïve.

Starwars

Arcane
A BRO of mine is playing this and keeps sending me various silly bugs, examples of stupid design and ridiculous dialogue snippets. He concluded today that "all things considered the game becomes very unappealing if you are not doing it for the lulz" - couple that with the above drama, copypasta and various abysmal PR fallout, and I sure am glad I didn't buy this. R00fles!

I'm not sure how to say this but your BRO is a retard with no taste and you should consider abandoning your friendship with him.

EDIT: That said, I'm really sad to see how the "PR" is being handled. Don't get me wrong, I have all the empathy in the world for devs having to deal with the internet "community". But I can't for the life of me understand how they thought this would turn out well.

So sad because this is a really fun game in my opinion. And it's sad to see people going "well I'll NEVER EVER BUY ANYTHING FROM DOUBLEBEAR AGAIN BECAUSE THEY ARE THE DEVIL". Mistakes on the Internet can be costly indeed.:negative:

Last edited:

Harold

Arcane
In before Annie starts screaming 'HARASSMENT!!' all over twitter as a go-to 'this is gonna fix it' strategy and this thread gets merged into the gamergate one.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
There was no outside force making them leave Early Access and it still doesn't allow them to silence criticism

Haha these people. What is money? as they'd say on Jeopardy.

Which sounds least worst a) game is canceled never leaves early access b) buggy product is released, providing additional funding that will allow them to fix more of the issues.

Though for some reason DB didn't want to explain it that way. :roll:

Self-Ejected

ZodoZ

Self-Ejected
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom