Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Dead State: Reanimated

Markman

da Blitz master
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
If TB makes a video about this drama DoubleBear is fucking toast. Prepare for the next Humble Bundle cause your game would be dead.
But Anne would probably do a DMCA(or whatever its called) takedown and make the whole thing 3 times worse.

Drowed

Arcane
I don't believe she would go that far, to try to shut down TotalBiscuit. That's a new level of retarded.

Angthoron

Arcane
In before Annie starts screaming 'HARASSMENT!!' all over twitter as a go-to 'this is gonna fix it' strategy and this thread gets merged into the gamergate one.
What's also weird and kinda sad is, Annie was a fairly reasonable poster back when she posted here, nothing of the type we're seeing in her outbursts now. Don't quite know what inspired this change.

I don't believe she would go that far, to try to shut down TotalBiscuit. That's a new level of retarded.
There were a couple of amazingly smart indies that tried this, I recall. Went about as well as one'd expect.

JoKa

Cipher
Did Annie start a Patreon account yet?

(I liked her as a poster on the dex...her disappointed bitching, not so much)

Markman

da Blitz master
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Nevel underestimate the level of entitlement from these kind of people.

Why is there even a discussion about this? Gamers gave em all the moneys. 400k on kickstarter, plus EA sales to make the game they wanted to make.
Gamers that Anne is calling dickbags paid her salary for 3 years. And they bitch about negative reviews and PIRACY(OMG, kill me now) about the game the community itself financed.
What money did you lose if you didnt invest any?
nigga plz

Black

Arcane
Edit :

scr.png
Full SJW reached.

Harold

Arcane
What's also weird and kinda sad is, Annie was a fairly reasonable poster back when she posted here, nothing of the type we're seeing in her outbursts now. Don't quite know what inspired this change.

I hear that working for years on an MMO can do strange things to the human brain. Surrounding oneself with sjw 'friends' probably doesn't help either. C'est la vie de le petite sjwindie.

ST'Ranger

Augur
Despite my earlier jests, I am saddened by this apparent turn of events. While this game is a hard sell for me personally, I'm very much supportive of this kind of game. And more to the point I'm rooting hard for AoD. A scourge like this is not in the best interests of any Kodex Krewman in this thread. The game has legitimate issues that are differing degrees of solvable. But all these little events just piled up and are seemingly going to result in a storm of negativity and a kind of blackballing.

What really drives it home is that these were all readily avoidable. If there isn't some kind of drastic reversal or heroic salvage operation, it might strangely turn out that Annie deals a death blow to her own game. Events of the past lead up to the present intersecting her mysterious transformation from Codex-sane to self-destructive. What can change the nature of a (wo)man?

Black

Arcane
Or that leaving the Dex might cause brain problems. Look at Rex.
Stay safe, Codexers!

Angthoron

Arcane

I hear that working for years on an MMO can do strange things to the human brain. Surrounding oneself with sjw 'friends' probably doesn't help either. C'est la vie de le petite sjwindie.
Well, yeah. Not so much the MMO bit, as far as I know, GW2 development was actually pretty cool shit as MMO development goes, but the people whose actions and stories inspire her are, well, not particularly inspiring to me, I mean sure, maybe at some level I can see how someone survives self-created adversity, but why not be inspired by women in the gaming industry that actually got somewhere? Hell, she even worked with several of those, or are they too conventional and doey-eyey patriarchy puppets? I don't get this. Ah well, everyone chooses their own icons.

Another weird thing was how the Mitsodas stopped appearing at Codex shortly after they started developing the game. Usually it's been the other way around - most indie devs at least pay token visits, even the nice folks like Whalenaught hang around our little cesspit, and suddenly the fairly well-liked Annie off and vanishes, I never quite got that. Maybe I get it better now in hindsight, but no, still, not really.

Or that leaving the Dex might cause brain problems. Look at Rex.
Stay safe, Codexers!
:lol:

I hope they don't reach the levels of Phil Fish though.

LeStryfe79

President Spartacus
Codex 2012 Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
I've been calling her a traitor for years. I use to think I was drunk and full of shit.

Now I know I was just drunk.

Lhynn

Arcane
Man, I bought this game.
:badnews:
Game isnt bad, biggest problem is that its too easy, second biggest problem is that theres not enough interesting content to take you from A to B without getting bored. This all tells me it was rushed, and as roguey said it was probably because of lack of funding. Should get fixed if this doesnt scalate too much.
Plus theres the fun drama, all in all it could have been much worse. You could have bought a bioware or a beth game with that money.

Darth Roxor

Rattus Iratus
Staff Member
Oh right, I forgot Annie worked on that terrible disaster called GW2. No wonder she snapped the way she did :prosper:

Perkel

Arcane
Why is there even a discussion about this? Gamers gave em all the moneys. 400k on kickstarter, plus EA sales to make the game they wanted to make.
Gamers that Anne is calling dickbags paid her salary for 3 years. And they bitch about negative reviews and PIRACY(OMG, kill me now) about the game the community itself financed.
What money did you lose if you didnt invest any?
nigga plz

yep.

Telengard

Arcane
Damn, they done fucked up now.

You delete reviews and misrepresent yourself AFTER you have a legion of fanbois to parrot everything you say, and who are ready to gang-bang anyone who attempts to bring up any negative topic. Not BEFORE you have your legion.

What's that ominous rushing sound in the distance? Oh, that's the sound of your business's future...
iplAMd9.png
Well, at least you're in good company.

Zdzisiu

Arcane
http://murderblonde.tumblr.com/post/105832304380/exhaustion

That is the most retarded and entitled attitude I saw this week. Yes, you are responsible for the bugs in your product and customers are free to complain and whine all they want. Its this weird attitude in games that "bugs happen" and they no ones responsibility at all. Think what would happen if a movie was released and it was randomly skipping few minutes here and there, and there was no sound for two minutes in the middle, and it would went into pixelated crap for 10 second in the middle, then nobody in their right mind would go "Bugs happen, deal with it and enjoy the movie anyway!". At least no respectable company would do that.

The thing to do in this situattion was to humbly apologise, explain why you released the game with the bugs, let people know what is being done to fix them, and promise to have them fixed as soon as possible. But Annie just went the "Fuck this loser" way.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom