Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Decline27 - Warminions

Dayyālu

Arcane
Holy shit I didn't even notice the crazy chaos sorcerer heroes! Maybe it's time to finally take Luck 3. Thanks Infinitum!

No worries Isiloon, I picked Khorne knowing it was a bit stupid, I just really really like the concept and the single-mindedness adds to the atmosphere :)

Chaos 3 Luck 3

It's the Only Way!

Also, Isiloon , Death Gem grinding (and S gem farming) was a thing in Dominions 3. It ain't fun because it adds a shitton of micro for having , well, an advantage. Skaven, if I remember right, are even more broken in that regard.

Isiloon

Arcane
Patron
I didn't notice them either, how do you see them?

I couldn't see the heroes in dom5 inspector so I assumed they weren't ported or didn't exist in the first place...

I may need to make a less toxic dominion... at the moment I'm running everything on negative except growth and I can get 4 greater blessings with that...

Isiloon

Arcane
Patron
Ugh, I played dominions 3 but not sure how you grind gems? Some was actually my first one, where I loved Ermor as the perfect embodiment of undead in a strategy game... overpowered and order of magnitude more numerous than anyone else... tireless, immune to shit, satisfying screen filling hordes and being able to kill anyone who cant regen fatigue indefinitely.

Yeah it's a lot of micro management and I didn't know Skaven could do that, do they got recruit any fort mages with disease grinder or magic gem producer? Nurgle can also get heralds for 15D which produce 1 Plaguebearer per month, much cheaper than an infernal contract... being Jewish this whole invest now and get free stuff forever really appeals to me

Infinitum

Scholar
They don't show in the general units tab in the inspector, but you can choose to display heroes in the drop-down menu.

Isiloon

Arcane
Patron
Ah yes, I see now - I may have to drop one of my greater blessings, to get higher luck and benefit from all those Nurgle-only events...

JagreenLern picked the guys who have recruit any-fort mages with disease grinder... not bad.

Damn I wish I picked Skaven now TBH, ohwell, looking at them now like damn, look at all their good commanders...

Looking at Skaven hmmm... okay so, they get ~65 gold communion/research monkeys with a tiny upkeep, which has "late game you could have the best mage stacks" written on it.

Their disease grinder commander, is a whopping 300 gold... and his magic paths and stats together make him mediocre at everything, he has less Hp than the sacred troops from clan Pestilence which is fucking bullshit and hilarious.

14 HP is not enough to send such an expensive guy into combat, especially with nothing like awe/glamour out of the box to protect him.

his paths... yea, blood doesn't give you the greatest combat spells, otherwise you can communion him up to be a mid-tier death mage, to communion skelespam or shadowblast spam?

The other mages, well - the diversity that Skaven get is fucking amazing, like literally access to everything potentially - but, their sacreds wouldn't be able to fight barbarians, cavalry, archers, undead.... I don't think Skaven could expand anywhere near as effortlessly as Chaos with their top-tier sacreds...

They are obviously strong AF, but yea I mean, as Nurgle, I don't need to worry - all my guys immune to poison
:dealwithit:

Another random bonus, I don't understand - most Skaven if not all, have survival everywhere - swamps, mountains etc... like mmmkay?

Isiloon

Arcane
Patron
ugh... 5 on scales, or regen bless that stacks with everything... so hard...

Infinitum

Scholar
Pretty sure the survival is due to the underway? Also who hasn't submitted yet? Might as well get this show on the road, no?

Dayyālu - Tzeentch
Muty - Empire Altdorf? Nuln?
KoolNoodles - Tomb Kings ???
JagreenLern - Skaven

Last edited:

KoolNoodles

Arcane
Alright, new pick, neutral nation.

Gork.....or maybe Mork.

Savage%20Orc%20Boys.jpg

Infinitum

Scholar
Tried out the Warhammer World map, and am sorry to report that it's goddamn atrocious. Very few connections overall with the exeption of giant sea provinces that mkes sailing the only way to raid. Low income across the board. Ugly. Requesting we change it, and preferrably not to Glory of the Gods. That one is better, but the starts are very imbalanced (eg swamp areas vs the central river plains), and the lower left continent is almost entirely separate from the rest of the map without cold scales and/or sailing.

KoolNoodles

Arcane
The whole WH mod is imbalanced, doesn't really matter if the map is. Let's just do something big that looks nice. Playing a god awful Disciples game on that Pantokrator system map and I want to die looking at it.

Infinitum

Scholar
Checked the map depositories on steam and dominionsmods.. there just doesn't seem to be any good, semi-balanced large maps. I vote for MA cartographic revision 16-player no water nations then.

Isiloon

Arcane
Patron
whats cartographic revision?

i'm keen for a pretty map with 160-260 provinces

Isiloon

Arcane
Patron
shame its not open source, what's a decompiler?

:martini:

I remade the map, 240+16 (designed for 12 players)

Isiloon

Arcane
Patron
Joined on the 4th of July and Muty - you're the last ones

waiting for you to submit pretenders, I'll give you another 48 hours

Remaining picks that are decent

- bretonnia
- empire
- orcs
- ogre kingdoms
- slaanesh

there's also wood elves, beastmen, dark elves, tomb kings etc... but i dont thnink they are that good...

Sylvannia is banned because they are excessively broken

KoolNoodles

Arcane
I'll see if this map can work. But it will take a bit(as in, not this game). It's of the Old World. "Borders" are already there for the most part.
oPkC3pP.jpg

Isiloon

Arcane
Patron
We can do that. I'll work on a WH world map for later games.

Damn, inspiring me to fix to warhammer mod as well lol...

I'm thinking that Sylvannia should be fixed, some of the nations should be fixed. They are missing Nagash who basically started undead in WH lore, he is the reason Tomb kings are undead instead of just human egyptians and he created the vampires etc.... Sigmar defeated him - but Sigmar is pretty much warrior Jesus in WH lore.

Beastmen should be very cross-breeding focused rather than whatever they are focused on now - they are missing dragon ogres, jabberslythes, chaos spawns, ghorgons... there's also the uber dragon ogres that can shoot lightning and are dragon sized.... basically they left out all of Beastmen's heavy units except giants and Cygors
Gorthor and Morghur should be available as pretender choices...

Khemri / Tomb Kings should be balanced out a bit - Tomb kings are way stronger than they are in the game... they could auto-cast holy avenger because "muh curse" - but otherwise they aren't like exceptional mages or anything.

Wood Elves need some love I think as well..

All chaos sacreds should be given a small pop-kill I think - because in WH lore, Chaos doesnt have cities or even an economy - they are tribes of barbarians basically, who raid and pillage each other when they aren't united... they also shouldnt be able to recruit chaos warriors - because lore-wise, chaos warriors are basically distinguished marauders/barbarians who are given gifts from the gods which includes the armor etc - they should all be 'level up' units like Khorne has - which would encourage Chaos to consist of hordes of barbarians, with a few elite Chaos Warriors - like in the lore.... Chaos Chosen are basically terminators and armies should not consist of just them... finally...
Why the fuck are Chaos gods not in the game leading Chaos lol - I would make them immobile pretenders, e.g. all of them look like super-greater demons of their type, sitting on a throne.

Skaven should get more clan Skryre units - they are missing the grenadiers and rattling guns...

Last edited:

KoolNoodles

Arcane
Yeah Beastmean COULD be cool, but in the mod they are just weak and bad. They need more dominion spawn imo. Like as the horde moves on and conquers more monsters just join it.

KoolNoodles

Arcane
This is just with a few minutes tinkering, but it kinda works, and is not too terrible to edit. Hmm. Could be something. If I remember to bother with it. :P
1xSR8W5.jpg

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom