Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Decline27 - Warminions

Infinitum

Scholar
Allright, tried copying the map files to the game folder. It now starts and plays fine. Crashes after about a minute with a "gi: bad inr 202(192)" error message.

It's.. progress?

EDIT: Yeah, crashes the moment I try to select a province. Other game inputs work, and the map shows normally.

Last edited:

Infinitum

Scholar
It's BLOOD FOR THE BL Decline27_Warminions.tga, Decline27_Warminions.map, and Decline27_Warminions Winter.tga.

Are the .tga files approximately 21 mb or 28 mb? I think I've found the problem - my game of dominions can only load the mapfile in question (Isiloons latest; tga filas are ~21 mb, 180 provinces) when it is named "warminions.map", the .trn file references "Decline27_Warminions.map". The files (should be) identical, but for some reason the naming conventions are different.

I'm using Windows 10, what about you guys? Anyone tech-savvy enough to fix this?

Last edited:

Dayyālu

Arcane
Chaos-spawn-gw-chaosbrut.jpg

The most Warhammer game ever, becomes a Chaos Spawn before launch.

Infinitum

Scholar
NO BROTHER WE MUST NOT SUCCUMB TO DESPAIR

OUR FAITH WILL PREVAIL AGAINST THIS FOUL ONSLAUGHT OF HERESY AND CORRUPTION

WE SHALL YET FIND A WAY TO BANISH THESE WICKED DATA DAEMONS

AND PLACATE THE CONFLICTED MACHINE SPIRITS' WRATH

IN THE NAME OF THE OMNISSIAH

Edit: I'm thinking rerolling a map with a one-word name (no spaces or underscores) and reuploading the game. No idea why the Lizardmen bugged out though, they're working just fine in testing. Isiloon

Last edited:

KoolNoodles

Arcane
Trying out some borders that look mostly like the originals to add more provinces. Idk warhammer lore. Does anything live in the "wastes" in the Old World? Maybe I should make a Dominions Map Making thread to dump stuff. Where to put it? D:
Xp3FwdT.jpg

Infinitum

Scholar
Orcs, mainly. Some Kurghan up north. Ogres and Chaos Dwarfes further east iirc. Also, I'd beware of expanding too far out into the wastes unless you make them not-wastelands since it could ruin map balance. Also the worlds edge mountains just has a nice ring to it y'know? Either way having a low/no-water old world with balanced income across the map, plenty of connections and balanced rivers/passes would be fucking sweet. Godspeed.

Last edited:

Isiloon

Arcane
Patron
Hmmm, the map worked on my machine. Did you use Declin27 not Decline27? I reset the game, but as it was resetting it let me just undo the start and change map, then I chose that thinking it would be easier but then it deleted the game .. chaos spawn llamaserver

Infinitum

Scholar
Using the latest .trn file sent this morning, as well as the 180-province map you sent out (linked on the decline 27 page on llama). The map itself works fine in single player, but again is named "warminions.map" instead of "Decline27_Warminions.map" on my computer. The different map/image names probably causes some sort of conflict with the .trn file you sent.

Not sure why my machine removes the underscore and everything before it, but reuploading the using a single-word name would hopefully resolve that problem at least.

KoolNoodles

Arcane
Orcs, mainly. Some Kurghan up north. Ogres and Chaos Dwarfes further east iirc. Also, I'd beware of expanding too far out into the wastes unless you make them not-wastelands since it could ruin map balance. Also the worlds edge mountains just has a nice ring to it y'know? Either way having a low/no-water old world with balanced income across the map, plenty of connections and balanced rivers/passes would be fucking sweet. Godspeed.

I don't think it's going to be particularly balanced, as is. :D Just the way the map is laid out. Water shouldn't be too much of an issue, and I'll make the sea provinces quite large. For reference here is the whole map I'm working with. There's just a lot of wasteland in east that I'm not sure what to do with. Could just make a handful of very large provinces, with many sites or other oddities, and if some goblin or ork wants to grab them then fine.
vNWyINE.jpg

Infinitum

Scholar
Do you photoshop? Cropping it is always an option; that border doesn't look that hard to rearrange. That or simply leaving it mostly unprovinced a la the empty void of Valanis (maybe a couple of starting provinces for Chaos Dwarfes/Ogres)? You could give the sea the same treatment, leaving a few fast travel lanes symbolizing sea/trading routes. Warhammer armies fighting below the sea sounds stupid anyhow. Hook up the edge of Ulthuan for a HE start? Maybe a stylized Black Ark in the Sea of Chaos for the darkies to join the Fun.

Avoiding excessive wasteland/grain provinces, having a somewhat uniform # of connections throughout and fidgeting a bit with the size of provinces could go a long way making this more playable than most novelty maps. Like, it's a blob of land with few chokepoints and a somewhat even scatterings of forest and mountains/highlands. That's not a bad start.

Last edited:

Isiloon

Arcane
Patron
OKAY

the game actually does work. Sqeecoo did it - I'll postpone 48 hours to let people troubleshoot lol, but its fixable.

Isiloon

Arcane
Patron
okay - you need to download the map from the llamaserver page, the map has changed - so get the latest one.

Then rename your warhammer mod to remove the 04 at the end.

restart dominions

should be good

KoolNoodles

Arcane
Do you photoshop? Cropping it is always an option; that border doesn't look that hard to rearrange. That or simply leaving it mostly unprovinced a la the empty void of Valanis (maybe a couple of starting provinces for Chaos Dwarfes/Ogres)? You could give the sea the same treatment, leaving a few fast travel lanes symbolizing sea/trading routes. Warhammer armies fighting below the sea sounds stupid anyhow. Hook up the edge of Ulthuan for a HE start? Maybe a stylized Black Ark in the Sea of Chaos for the darkies to join the Fun.

Avoiding excessive wasteland/grain provinces, having a somewhat uniform # of connections throughout and fidgeting a bit with the size of provinces could go a long way making this more playable than most novelty maps. Like, it's a blob of land with few chokepoints and a somewhat even scatterings of forest and mountains/highlands. That's not a bad start.

Yeah, I have to do all the horrible map editing/province adding/color shading in photoshop. :)

I'll think about it. Leaning towards having at least a few sea provinces and far east wastelands provinces just because it makes the wonky dom spread mechanics easier to edit.

I don't really want to crop stuff out because I like the look. :) There will probably be impassable stuff and the sea lanes idea is easily doable.

It's going to be fairly novelty(I mean the eventual idea would be fixed starts and some are just going to be better), but not horrible.

coldcrow

Prophet
Patron
Well, I still have the broken start situation. If you aren't able to fix it, just kick me out of the game.

Infinitum

Scholar
Can you start in sp? Might be the unit-id fuckery acting up aftet the patch.

Isiloon

Arcane
Patron
What error do you get cold crow

KoolNoodles tomb kings live in the eastern wastes FYI

And I'm sure that's not the whole warhammer map, it's definitely missing the O shaped island high elves live on

KoolNoodles

Arcane
What error do you get cold crow

KoolNoodles tomb kings live in the eastern wastes FYI

And I'm sure that's not the whole warhammer map, it's definitely missing the O shaped island high elves live on

Yeah it's only the Old World(so no elf ring/sea/dark elf/itza stuff), and just the best for Dominions(a lot of borders/natural borders aren't mapped in)/highest resolution version I could find on the internet.

Isiloon

Arcane
Patron
coldcrow if you want me to remote into your computer to fix it, i can do that - but I'm a Jewish Russian with an IT background so beware.

if not, i can't really fix it - here's the complete instructions for you and JagreenLern Edija Dayyālu

rename the warhammer mod, from warhammercomplet04.dm into warhammercomplet.dm

This is because the author of warhammercomplet04.dm decided for some reason to put the version of the mod into the name of the file for it

then, download https://drive.google.com/open?id=1zAU6Q7x6uZ8D3k1QsVDkKScwY1rXu1ym

unzip
Decline27_Warminions.map
Decline27_Warminions.tga
Decline27_Warminions Winter.tga

into your dominions maps folder

we have 4 people who did that and it worked

Last edited:

coldcrow

Prophet
Patron
Do not assume I am a complete retard. Renaming a file and finding folders are tasks I am able to do. The mod runs fine, it is just that my starting units are old dwarves with a useless kick.

Last edited:

Isiloon

Arcane
Patron
alright, do you want to repick?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom