Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

[deleted]

Title

• OP is a gigantic fag

Votes: 163 48.5%
  • Nah

Votes: 14 4.2%
  • Of course, Torment as a series has always been shit, its expected.

Votes: 35 10.4%
  • Nah, the pissbaby butthurt gigameltdown would cause legions of self ejections

Votes: 31 9.2%
  • Who cares?

Votes: 93 27.7%

• Total voters
Unwanted
Douchebag! Shitposter
There is zero chance it won't be complete shit. I don't see how there is even a question, it reeked of shit from day one through every update. The question is not if, but when.

It's gonna be PoE except much gayer.

No way, I'm sure the themes explored in this game will be well received. The moderators will make sure to merge all impertinent criticism with the 1500 page megathread in general gaming.

characters.jpg
Name each of these character's pronouns.

Last edited:

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Nah. The main criticism is TRASH MOBS and everything else basically revolves around that. Nobody really gives a fuck about the balance, give them a bunch of tightly designed encounters and they'll forget that shit pretty quickly.
No, you're wrong. The shit combat is at the core of PoE's problems, and that derives from the dumbed down ruleset. I was replaying BG a bit before PoE launched. The trash mobs are in pretty much the same quantity in which they were found in BG, so whoever complains about them should take off their rose tinted glasses.

Space Insect

Arcane
If T:TON gets GOTY, it will be worth it just to hear the screams and gnashing of teeth of the POE, MGS, FO4, Twitcher 3, and UnderTale fanbois.

Self-Ejected

Lurker King

Self-Ejected
The Real Fanboy
Theres no one here with a Sensuki-esque connection to the game to go batshit if it doesn't turn out well.

Neither Roguey's trolling or a developer like Sawyer sperging retarded ideas about game design and making derrogatory remarks about oldschool players.

undecaf

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
What's the rush anyway?

There's also probably still the wait for the Enhanced Director's Cut or the Year Edition to come out.

Athelas

Arcane
What's the rush anyway?

There's also probably still the wait for the Enhanced Director's Cut or the Year Edition to come out.
I doubt there will be one. The major selling points of enhanced editions tend to be graphical improvements (not much of an option with 2d backdrops) and refinement of combat mechanics (not likely since it already has the benefit of using an established rule set, and combat is not the game's focus anyway). A Torment game isn't the sort of game where you can just patch in new companions either.

Self-Ejected

Lurker King

Self-Ejected
The Real Fanboy
This thread should be titled “Could the Codex still believe in the cRPG renaissance if Torment: ToN end up being shit?”

Theldaran

Liturgist
Most of Numenera is unknown to me, it's "that game Monte Cook did to bash D&D".

But people tend to love the setting so it's a good starting point for Tides.

Earlier this year I was tempted to think we're living a CRPG rennaissance, with all the releases and TBA and whatnot. Then I played PoE. I'll play other as they get cheaper. Still, said rennaissance seems to be taking its time for sure...

Self-Ejected

Lurker King

Self-Ejected
The Real Fanboy
Still, said rennaissance seems to be taking its time for sure...

What is the cRPG renaissance anyways? More cRPGs or more classic cRPGs? How many classics we had in the middle of every game that was released in the past? A few. How many cRPGs were released recently? A few. How many classics? Maybe two or three, and I’m not talking about PoE and W2. You could argue that the cRPG renaissance is just more cRPGs and more people talking about cRPGs. That I would accept and it is a good thing for the developers who are really making solid cRPGs.

Mozg

Arcane
I plan to go on a "they ruined it by tossing ksaun da gawd" trolling tear if it sucks

Theldaran

Liturgist
Lurker King, as I said elsewhere, being bombarded with new CRPG is a good thing in itself, even if they suck ass. As long as it sells chances of seeing something really good go up. Or if you prefer, chances of everyone getting something they personally like go up. See how PoE has its fans. The problem here is keeping up the interest, so as players we should get the games that appeal more to us, thing is if there's no releases ball won't keep rolling downhill.

Enviado desde mi Edison 3 mediante Tapatalk

Self-Ejected

Lurker King

Self-Ejected
The Real Fanboy
Lurker King, as I said elsewhere, being bombarded with new CRPG is a good thing in itself, even if they suck ass. As long as it sells chances of seeing something really good go up. Or if you prefer, chances of everyone getting something they personally like go up. See how PoE has its fans. The problem here is keeping up the interest, so as players we should get the games that appeal more to us, thing is if there's no releases ball won't keep rolling downhill.

Enviado desde mi Edison 3 mediante Tapatalk

That depends. If we are bombarded by rushed mediocre cRPGs and players get on the hype train that everything is awesome, we end up rewarding developers for making bad cRPGs, which is precisely the opposite of what we intended in the first place. Just take a look of all the nice things that people here say about Shadowrun. I’m a newfag and even I know that game is awful. What I think is certain is that many old-school players that practically abandoned cRPGs, which include some jornos, are coming back to play and talk about them again. That is good.

Last edited:

IHaveHugeNick

Arcane
That depends. If we are bombarded by rushed mediocre cRPGs and players get on the hype train that everything is awesome, we end up rewarding developers for making bad cRPGs, which is precisely the opposite of we intended.

This is why forums exist so we can shit on them until they get better. A lot of developers just become complacent because everybody is sucking their dick. Thankfully both InExile and OE forums are constant shifest, so we're in the clear.

Self-Ejected

Lurker King

Self-Ejected
The Real Fanboy
This is why forums exist so we can shit on them until they get better. A lot of developers just become complacent because everybody is sucking their dick. Thankfully both InExile and OE forums are constant shifest, so we're in the clear.

If a minority shit on them and the rest ignore them with a fundraiser in the next day, things will not get better. The last Shadowrun was able to be worse than the first one.

IHaveHugeNick

Arcane
If a minority shit on them and the rest ignore them with a fundraiser in the next day, things will not get better. The last Shadowrun was able to be worse than the first one.

HBS are beyond hope, its a shovelware factory. Get all the base RPG elements people would expect and push it to the market. At least Larian, IE, OE, are willing to experiment with different shit. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't, but you'll never make anything great if you won't take any risks.

Unwanted
Shitposter
Nazi death cult center of jew medicine avoidance
ksaun is probably lucky to get off the crazy train when he did so that he does not take all the blame.

characters.jpg

Name each of these character's pronouns.

:lol:

I am not sure I could guess at them, xir.

Two seconds of listening to Monte Cook is enough for me to be sure no game based on his crap could be tolerable.

Still I am a little surprised it doesn't seem to get as much fanfare as PoE. I guess a lot more people played BG than Torment, which is sad.

ortucis

Prophet
They should focus on a good story (instead of pulling a POE) and good Original Sin-like combat, instead of the DnD gayset shitpile of combat they tried to implement in POE.

Unwanted
Shitposter
The story and combat have nothing to do with each other. Obshitian has never made a good story or combat so far and guess now they never will.

WL 2 was pretty good but the terribad of the Monte Cook setting seems like it is not going to lead to a good story. Hopefully I am wrong.

Unwanted
Shitposter
The story and combat have nothing to do with each other. Obshitian has never made a good story or combat so far and guess now they never will.

:hmmm:

What? PoE was made by obshitian. Anyone who expected good story or combat there was a tard.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom