Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Describe a game in such a way that it's impossible to guess what it actually is. Others guess.

Morpheus Kitami

Liturgist
You can play as anyone in this game, even Todd Howard in a Teletubby suit with a shotgun.
There's no hope for humanity, the ultimate evil has won, your only hope is to survive.
You can reenact Dawn of the Dead if you want, or any zombie film, as long as it can fit in New England.

octavius

Arcane
Patron
You can play as anyone in this game, even Todd Howard in a Teletubby suit with a shotgun.
There's no hope for humanity, the ultimate evil has won, your only hope is to survive.
You can reenact Dawn of the Dead if you want, or any zombie film, as long as it can fit in New England.

Defender of Boston?

Taka-Haradin puolipeikko

Filthy Kalinite
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Bubbles In Memoria
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead.

Taka-Haradin puolipeikko

Filthy Kalinite
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Bubbles In Memoria
During your search for your teacher, you ally with race of diminutive home helpers.
Also:
During your journeys you discover story of how one who helped a rightful king to claim his heritage, descended into madness.
Music of this game is made by group whose name comes from 2 cultural spheres unlikely to meet during eras this game depicts.
Elves in this game are bald.

V_K

Arcane

V_K

Arcane
Ok, since we're talking about obscure games, here's a riddle: What sounds like Wizardry, looks like Ultima and plays like Final Fantasy?

Yendorian Tales?
Obscurer. If forum search is to be trusted, there are exactly 6 posts about it on the Codex, half of them by me.
I think of the people participating in this thread, Grauken is the only one who has a chance to guess it.

octavius

Arcane
Patron
Ok, since we're talking about obscure games, here's a riddle: What sounds like Wizardry, looks like Ultima and plays like Final Fantasy?

Yendorian Tales?
Obscurer. If forum search is to be trusted, there are exactly 6 posts about it on the Codex, half of them by me.
I think of the people participating in this thread, Grauken is the only one who has a chance to guess it.

Obscure indeed (even Silvern Castle got three pages of results when searching). So it can't be Ultizurk.

Morpheus Kitami

Liturgist

Yendorian Tales?
Well, I know quite a few obscure shareware RPGs, so if its not something I know it must be very obscure indeed. Its not Winged Warrior, is it?

V_K

Arcane

Yendorian Tales?
Well, I know quite a few obscure shareware RPGs, so if its not something I know it must be very obscure indeed. Its not Winged Warrior, is it?
It's starting to feel like you and octavius are just trying to bruteforce it by naming every obscure shareware RPG that comes to mind :P
The riddle has all the clues.
And in case they are not enough, here's another one: It has something in common with Grimoire, and it's almost the same thing that it has in common with Wizardry, but it's not what Grimoire and Wizardry have in common with each other.

Disciple

Savant
So it's a one man effort whose title is related to or a synonym of the word "wizardry"?

Ysaye

Arbiter

Description of a game:
You have to whine to progress underground.

Description of another game: Upon a philosopher-machine sat a french lockup where many students once could play.

Another Clue (for the first): It is common for one to gain much experience fighting large numbers of barbies in a single battle.

Another Clue (for the second): Spells in this game have to be spelt.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom