Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Destiny 2

it's very smart of them cutting the main story because "old content" and then force anyone, even three days old accounts, to play the last mission, with never heard before places and characters, which those players can't absolutely beat, and then at the next login they're funneled into the subsequent one, with even more unknown people and places, and which is piss easy.

Dr1f7

Scholar

I sometimes imagine being part of a video game orchestra like this and just cringing out of my skin from the corny ass music
idk why they even have a music department if they're gonna write bs like this they should just ai generate some eurobeat and call it a day

You can leave a mission by going back to orbit (default command on keyboard is press Tab to pull out Ghost and hold O), the icon for the mission will be on the world map somewhere so you can do it later whenever you want instead of being pushed into it. But the fast travel mechanic is explained in the tutorial missions, which I think a new player has to pick up in the cosmodrome, so...

ADL

Prophet
Been getting back into this over the last two weeks and I haven't had this much fun crafting builds since Last Epoch. I've only been able to create a Stasis/Solar 3.0 build so far because I'm heavily constrained by enhancement cores and prisms which is being significantly improved tomorrow so hopefully I'll have a Strand build by Wednesday because of the changes to Nightfall rewards.
NIGHTFALL – HERO

Old

Small chance of up to two Enhancement Prisms.

One Enhancement Core and a small chance of up to two more.

New

One Enhancement Prism and a medium chance at one more.

Two Enhancement Cores and a medium chance of one more.

NIGHTFALL - LEGEND

Old

One Enhancement Prism and a small chance at up to two more.

New

Small chance of one Ascendant Shard.

Two Enhancement Prisms and a medium chance of up to two more.

NIGHTFALL – MASTER

Old

Medium chance of one Ascendant Shard.

Two Prisms and small chance of up to two more.

New

One Ascendant Shard and a small chance of one more.

Two Enhancement Prisms and a medium chance of up to two more.

NIGHTFALL - GRANDMASTER

Old

One Ascendant Shard and a medium chance of one more.

Four Enhancement Prisms and a medium chance of up to two more.

New

One Ascendant Shard and a high chance of one more.

Four Enhancement Prisms and a medium chance of up to two more.

A similar pass has been done for Lost Sectors:

LOST SECTOR - LEGEND

Old

Small chance of one Enhancement Core.

New

Two Enhancement Cores and a medium chance of one more.

One Enhancement prism and a small chance of one more.

LOST SECTOR - MASTER

Old

Small chance of up to two Enhancement Cores.

New

Two Enhancement Cores and a medium chance at one more.

One Enhancement Prism and a medium chance at one more.

Also just as a reminder, just like The Witch Queen, if you complete Lightfall's campaign on legendary difficulty it will give you the choice between 2-3 Lightfall exotics (probably all strand-related) and +20 gear over the soft cap which puts you at heroic difficulty for Nightfalls. Worth doing especially if you're gonna raid day one.

https://www.bungie.net/7/en/News/article/update_7_0_0_1

-it would take me two whole uninterrupted days to download the patch.
-it's literally impossible since it was released today.

i swear, i'm sick of humanity.

kites

samsung verizon hitachi
Patron
RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut
I have a bandwidth cap, so I feel your pain. I was looking at this today for a brain-dead mp shooter to play.. got Beyond Light on ps+ free this month, it said something along the lines of 150gb. I'll stick with something older and more lightweight.

I wonder how wide-spread the caps are these days, it was never an issue for me 10-20 years ago, I don't have many provider options and would have to pay another $30 for unlimited :(

ADL

Prophet
They really should have made a separate branch available to people who needed the preload sooner. They fucked up on PS5 by making the preload available early rendering the game unplayable to anyone who downloaded it while servers were up and that made a lot of people mad but if someone wants to consciously lock themselves out of the game for a while, why not?

After firing a single bullet, the Destiny 2 player activates the Strand-powered grappling dart ability that Hunters get from unlocking the Strand subclasses added by Destiny 2: Lightfall. The dart latches onto the bullet, which drags the player through the air at high speed. Bungie presumably did not intend for players to be able to do this, but it seems quite useful nonetheless. The Destiny 2 player explained precisely how they pulled it off further down the thread, saying that players need to stand still, fire a Noble Round from the Lumina, then take a step forward before launching the grapple.

Lance Reddick, who played Zavala in the murican version of the game, died today. This doesn't affect me since he's usually dubbed by some old white guy in BR, but still.

Bungie can comfortably use AI to give him a send off since Zavala had tons of dialogue, but they might find it disrespectful so he'll probably be killed offscreen like Sagira.

ADL

Prophet
Dead at 60 and he was just doing press for John Wick 4. Damn. He was the only character I gave a shit about in these games. I wonder if they recorded Final Shape VO already. I have no idea what their production looks like but always had a feeling he was next on the chopping block after Amanda Holliday bites it later this season.

frajaq

Erudite
He did some good voice acting even if Zavala was kinda lame. RIP

Glad I skipped on Lightfall seems the writing team went to shit, shame because The Witch Queen was pretty good (fantastic design on the Throne World)

Speaking of AI, I was having trouble with Calus on solo legendary and asked Bing (ChatGPT) how to beat him for lulz, and got some pretty good ones. Clicking on them showed he was grabbing random posts from Reddit, but for a minute it felt like calling an expert gamer on Nintendo Hotline for tips.

spongebob-coffee.gif

Oh and Amanda died, I guess. In retrospect that "make sure to pick up your Prime Gaming rewards from Amanda in the hangar before March 21!" notification from a while ago made it pretty obvious.

ADL

Prophet
PvE godroll for The Immortal SMG this weekend with double trials rep at rank 10. This is the best strand weapon in the game hands down; though I do like the Perpetualis (craftable with guaranteed weekly deepsight with HELM upgrade) and Rufus's Fury auto rifles from the seasonal activity and raid too.

Lightfall's gun economy has been really fun but these SMGs with the elemental damage perks are straight up power creep to the point where they're buffing all the other weapon-types to compete and they still probably won't be close.

Iron Banner has a reprised void equivalent SMG that's worth getting this season too. Every element is covered at this point.
Calus Mini Tool + Incandescent = Solar
Hero's Burden (Iron Banner reprise drop) + Destabilizing Rounds = Void
Ikelos SMG + Voltshot = Arc
Prolonged Engagement + Headstone = Stasis
The Immortal + Hatchling = Strand

Last edited:
https://www.bungie.net/7/en/News/article/destiny-2-twab-3-30-23

WEAPON ARCHETYPES​

• Submachine Guns
    • Aggressive Frame SMGs have been very strong in the PvP meta for the last couple of months, with a handful of outliers taking most of the credit. The IKELOS SMG was something of a mystery to us, as we continually felt, and got reports, that the gun seemed to have much better stability than its stats would indicate it should, compared to other SMGs. Originally, the IKELOS SMG was built back in the Warmind era when we had fewer guidelines on how to keep weapons balanced, and upon doing a deeper investigation we found that some custom tuning had been added to the weapon's scope to give it a recoil reduction effect. For comparison, the recoil reduction tuning was like having an effect nearly equivalent to Zen Moment at max strength, and always active. We have removed that custom tuning, and the recoil should now feel in-line with other SMGs.
      • IKELOS SMG:
        • Removed some tuning in the custom scope causing these weapons to have significantly less recoil than intended. The recoil is now in line with other Aggressive Frame SMGs.
      • We are aware that this change in isolation, while noticeable, is unlikely to put much of a dent in Aggressive Frame SMGs current dominance, so we have a larger change to reduce the damage of the Aggressives sub-family that will release alongside Season 21. The change will be targeted at shifting the resiliency threshold where the gun can achieve its optimal 0.67s Time to Kill (TTK) down to a lower value, to force a more reasonable 0.77s TTK against most players, while also decreasing their forgiveness of missed crits.

RIP. Looks like Ikelos was good because it essentially had perma zen moment and...no one ever noticed. Bungie pls...

On the other hand, Revision Zero and rapidfire snipers got some quite strong buffs. Also they went scorched earth on the commendation system, which is good because it was pointless. Tying item rewards to rating other players performance = everyone gets a medal.

Yeah, the leaks were real ("Cayde is back but not the way you think"). He's a Force Light ghost (fire eyes), the portal over there indicates this is inside the Traveler. RIP Joxer, you died in vain but your little adventures in Gambit were fun to read about.

Chasing the Witness​

Joxer was one of the Guardians selected to attempt to follow the Witness through the portal on the Traveler prior to the return of Titan. Despite his reluctance and the Cabal's warnings, Joxer's Ghost dismissed the mission as like the Great Ahamkara Hunt, which they had participated in and survived before. As Joxer flew his jumpship into the portal, he began to experience a vivid hallucination of what is strongly implied to be his pre-Guardian life, and his sense of time began to distort rapidly as the portal began pulling apart his Ghost. Nonetheless, Joxer continued to fly deeper into the portal, chasing the vision the Darkness had given him.

Joxer's fate is unknown, but it is likely he perished like all of the other individuals sent into the portal.

The Witness' origin story has been leaked recently too but it's hardly a twist since you can just look at him.

ind33d

Educated
PvE godroll for The Immortal SMG this weekend with double trials rep at rank 10. This is the best strand weapon in the game hands down; though I do like the Perpetualis (craftable with guaranteed weekly deepsight with HELM upgrade) and Rufus's Fury auto rifles from the seasonal activity and raid too.

Lightfall's gun economy has been really fun but these SMGs with the elemental damage perks are straight up power creep to the point where they're buffing all the other weapon-types to compete and they still probably won't be close.

Iron Banner has a reprised void equivalent SMG that's worth getting this season too. Every element is covered at this point.
Calus Mini Tool + Incandescent = Solar
Hero's Burden (Iron Banner reprise drop) + Destabilizing Rounds = Void
Ikelos SMG + Voltshot = Arc
Prolonged Engagement + Headstone = Stasis
The Immortal + Hatchling = Strand

Destiny PVP was so fucking sick. I only got to play Trials once before my friends all quit.

Possible leak. A lot of things sound like fanfic but so did the lucent hive in the With Queen leak.

https://boards.4channel.org/v/thread/642409141#p642409141

The Final Shape

>Savathun is raised from the dead but in a form closer to her pre worm, pre hive fundament humanoid form. The final season before TFS is her leading the players on runs through a Pyramid on Venus to claim "fractal strands" from Xivu Arath that will allow them to follow The Witness
>The players travel to a location inside the traveller called "The First Garden"
>A metaphysical realm where snapshots of dead guardians like "light nightmares" like Cayde 6 and Saladins Iron Lords are combating the forces of The Witness
>The Ghosts begin to shift into a humanoid form in this space. Their origins revealed to be members of the Witness' species that chose to defend the Traveller rather than turn to the Darkness. Costing them their lives but their souls were taken by the Traveller and protected within the Garden until they were released during humanities collapse as Ghosts to find people that echoed their former selves.
>The Witness is slowly working its way through paracausal defences around the Gardens Heart. Every step it gets closer reality outside begins to change. Flowers turn to glass, the sun changes colour, a guardian turns to dust mid conversation and nobody bats an eye or remembers they were ever there. Things are beginning to unravel as the Traveller begins to give off ripples that wash over worlds and begin to change them in chaotic ways.
>The player is trying to track down the "lightmare" as Cayde dubs them of one of the Ishtar Collective raised as a guardian. The only member to survive as all of the others formed "The Orchestra". A hive mind unintentionally welded together by Maya Sundaresh's experiments on The Veil. Experiments that lead to two dozen people becoming a hive mind of uncountable billions. Experiments that turned the founders of Neomuna into the original Vex.

>Ikora uses this technology with the aid of Asher Mir that turned "one into many" to turn one human mind into millions of vex to split The Witness from one body back into the species it originated from.
>The Guardian and his/her Ghost now fully assuming its original form combat the Witness together as its being forcefully ripped apart.
>The travel reveals itself to the now split Witness in the form of a woman with eyes glowing with a blue light. She says one word. "Enough".
>Everyone is thrown out of the First Garden and deposited on random worlds all around the solar system.
>The Witness' people are divided. Some regret their actions. Others return to the pyramid ships with the intent to destroy earth before "starting again". This is the narrative hook for the raid of The Final Shape "The Collapse".
>New Sub Class: Taking, under tutelage from Asha and Sloane the Guardians not only resist Xivu Araths attempts to take them but use their experience with Darkness to claim the power for themselves. Hunters dodge out of combat into the ascendant plane to reappear behind enemies, Warlocks Take minor enemies granting them a time limited thrall that bursts dealing aoe damage on death and Titans send out waves of taken energy that knock enemies off their feet them pull them back in stunned and set up for a finisher. As with Strand the sub class with be upgraded by collecting taken energy during the campaign
>New Weapon "Ballista" a Heavy Crossbow power weapon capable of nailing smaller enemies to surfaces. Bolts can be shot into terrain to act as a form of landmine.

>All of the "Lightmares" are released into the world as new Ghosts.
>Zavala and Ikora do not survive the campaign
>Missrak's daughter dies to be raised as a guardian by Ghost Cayde. The splicer is both elated to see her live again and heartbroken that all her memories of him are gone.
>Saladin and Caitl have a last stand expecting to die together and suggest romantic feelings. Both survive and it gets awkward.
>Saint 14 and Osiris are the new Titan and Warlock Vanguard leaders, neither wanting it but doing it to honour Zavala and Ikora
>Somewhere in deep space upon the Witness' "demise" a ancient human computer turns on. The screen displays the words "Paradigm Protocol" along with the image of a medieval brick tower and the laughter of Clovis Bray echoes and smash cuts to black.

No there are no new PVP updates.

frajaq

Erudite
They fired both soundtrack guys, some real veterans that worked since Halo, Sony had 0 mercy

Whatever problems the story/gameplay Destiny had, the music was always nice...

Perkel

Arcane
Possible leak. A lot of things sound like fanfic but so did the lucent hive in the With Queen leak.

https://boards.4channel.org/v/thread/642409141#p642409141

The Final Shape

>Savathun is raised from the dead but in a form closer to her pre worm, pre hive fundament humanoid form. The final season before TFS is her leading the players on runs through a Pyramid on Venus to claim "fractal strands" from Xivu Arath that will allow them to follow The Witness
>The players travel to a location inside the traveller called "The First Garden"
>A metaphysical realm where snapshots of dead guardians like "light nightmares" like Cayde 6 and Saladins Iron Lords are combating the forces of The Witness
>The Ghosts begin to shift into a humanoid form in this space. Their origins revealed to be members of the Witness' species that chose to defend the Traveller rather than turn to the Darkness. Costing them their lives but their souls were taken by the Traveller and protected within the Garden until they were released during humanities collapse as Ghosts to find people that echoed their former selves.
>The Witness is slowly working its way through paracausal defences around the Gardens Heart. Every step it gets closer reality outside begins to change. Flowers turn to glass, the sun changes colour, a guardian turns to dust mid conversation and nobody bats an eye or remembers they were ever there. Things are beginning to unravel as the Traveller begins to give off ripples that wash over worlds and begin to change them in chaotic ways.
>The player is trying to track down the "lightmare" as Cayde dubs them of one of the Ishtar Collective raised as a guardian. The only member to survive as all of the others formed "The Orchestra". A hive mind unintentionally welded together by Maya Sundaresh's experiments on The Veil. Experiments that lead to two dozen people becoming a hive mind of uncountable billions. Experiments that turned the founders of Neomuna into the original Vex.

>Ikora uses this technology with the aid of Asher Mir that turned "one into many" to turn one human mind into millions of vex to split The Witness from one body back into the species it originated from.
>The Guardian and his/her Ghost now fully assuming its original form combat the Witness together as its being forcefully ripped apart.
>The travel reveals itself to the now split Witness in the form of a woman with eyes glowing with a blue light. She says one word. "Enough".
>Everyone is thrown out of the First Garden and deposited on random worlds all around the solar system.
>The Witness' people are divided. Some regret their actions. Others return to the pyramid ships with the intent to destroy earth before "starting again". This is the narrative hook for the raid of The Final Shape "The Collapse".
>New Sub Class: Taking, under tutelage from Asha and Sloane the Guardians not only resist Xivu Araths attempts to take them but use their experience with Darkness to claim the power for themselves. Hunters dodge out of combat into the ascendant plane to reappear behind enemies, Warlocks Take minor enemies granting them a time limited thrall that bursts dealing aoe damage on death and Titans send out waves of taken energy that knock enemies off their feet them pull them back in stunned and set up for a finisher. As with Strand the sub class with be upgraded by collecting taken energy during the campaign
>New Weapon "Ballista" a Heavy Crossbow power weapon capable of nailing smaller enemies to surfaces. Bolts can be shot into terrain to act as a form of landmine.

>All of the "Lightmares" are released into the world as new Ghosts.
>Zavala and Ikora do not survive the campaign
>Missrak's daughter dies to be raised as a guardian by Ghost Cayde. The splicer is both elated to see her live again and heartbroken that all her memories of him are gone.
>Saladin and Caitl have a last stand expecting to die together and suggest romantic feelings. Both survive and it gets awkward.
>Saint 14 and Osiris are the new Titan and Warlock Vanguard leaders, neither wanting it but doing it to honour Zavala and Ikora
>Somewhere in deep space upon the Witness' "demise" a ancient human computer turns on. The screen displays the words "Paradigm Protocol" along with the image of a medieval brick tower and the laughter of Clovis Bray echoes and smash cuts to black.

No there are no new PVP updates.

Imagine the smell of people trying to follow that retarded story.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom