Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Destiny 2

I know, I was there for that mess. (the joy of playing D1 but then wanting to play D2 on PC is that you couldn't import a save thus the PC version only had the noob dialogue). It amounted to characters taking amnesium and/or pretending that someone else killed the old bad guys. Those small changes couldn't go deep enough to really explain who you are, who is attacking, why and how. Ghost asking "what are the Taken?" is up there with "what is a paladin?" in terms of derpy handholding (the better solution would be similar too - just have the experienced character explain it to some newbie character and therefore to the new players), thankfully the idea has been mostly abandoned.

0aa.jpg

Speaking of old bad guys, in the current season Savathun is talking about "her sisters". But wait, doesn't she have a brother (Oryx) and a sister (Xivu Arath)? Well I'm glad you asked, guess what expansion you should have played-

Last edited:

Perkel

Arcane
The best part ? all of it will be removed in few years.

My friend who i play online games frequently shelled out for collectors edition like destiny2 200-300$. Literally none of its can be played now.

nigga it's Destiny, you can always play it

On a more serious note (or more comical depending on your point of view), some youtuber published a video exposing a pretty dire engine-level bug, after supposedly having informed Bungie of it months ago and getting no response. Bungie's band-aid fix was to make the game kick you if you alt-tab at certain moments, resulting in temporary bans from the queue if you were in a PvP mode. Which is a big deal since you have to alt tab often to move items or talk to players because the in-game functions are from 2014 era, so you have to use third party programs or bungie's own app, and Discord. Hope you like keeping your phone on your lap like the console players. At least I got an in-game notification suggesting I don't alt-tab too much.

tl;dr orbs seem to be generated client-side, so by fucking with the program you can make a huge amount of them, giving you and your team a lot of supers. One of the side effects of the exploit is dropping frames, so they're kicking you for it as a quick fix. However, you also drop frames when you alt-tab for normal reasons, so...

Full disclosure: this might be a bannable offense. Bungie has never gone on record and said that you will get banned for this, but proceed with caution anyway. Edit: Bungie has implemented a temporary fix by issuing a "Rutabaga" error code to anyone attempting this. I would suggest not repeatedly trying this. Multiple error codes in a row will not be good for you.

Thanks content creator, very cool.

Last edited:
More drama

https://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyThe.../?utm_source=share&utm_medium=web2x&context=3

According to the group of glitch finders that discovered this, JB3 (the asshat who put this out to the public) got banned for using this in a crucible match. So yes, this will likely be a bannable offense (DMG said it was bannable on twitter as well)

edit: reports are saying you’ll get error coded, so you probably won’t get banned but I would recommend against even trying it.

edit2: So intentionally releasing a game breaking glitch to the public makes him a good guy? Got it. Guess a lot of people haven’t seen the tweet where he says he wants to intentionally break the game, then shows everyone how to do it.

edit3: Tweet from the group he was apart of, clarifying the situation.

On the JB3 situation. A thread. TLDR. JB3 betrayed his friends and published an extremely broken glitch that can get people banned as revenge against bungie for banning him again. (1/9)

My crew and I are a group of friends who have been testing the limits of this game. JB3 used to be a part of our group and we used to be friends with him. (2/9)

We started it around the time Shiver Shake was found, he leaked that too. Ever since we’ve been finding new ways to test things. (3/9)

We found Min Max around late may. After some testing we figured out just how broken this glitch was. To the point it could genuinely ruin the game. (4/9)

We sent it off to bungie who have told us they had put a ban filter over it until it could be fixed. This is considered third party and as a such can be bannable via TOS. (5/9)

So the glitch remained dormant until now. About a week ago, where JB3 was banned by bungie for the fourth time. The reason? He used this glitch in a showdown match to show orb generation. He was banned the next day. (6/9)

Today he went over our heads and displayed it. And now we’re in damage control. (7/9)

Our best guess is revenge against bungie for banning him. Either way he burned every bridge on his way out. We no longer hold ties to him and have removed him from our group. (8/9)

This is glitch is broken and powerful. Do not use this; For the sake of your account and do not spread this traitor’s word. (9/9)

-

Bonus "nothing changed at all" moment: Telesto continues to dab on the game.

Telesto Has Reshaped Our Society. There will never be a more broken gun. Also if you said 5+ on my community poll you would be correct

edit: and again

https://www.shacknews.com/article/1...nly-hours-after-being-re-enabled-in-destiny-2

Last edited:

Kruno

Arcane
Patron
Village Idiot Zionist Agent Shitposter
I came back to this game today and when I read about all the bullshit I just uninstalled it from a 7% completed install. I didn't even get a chance to play it. Why don't they just remove all these confusing DLC and just put down a paid subscription? Very simple!

For the record Telesto broke things again after that last post, but at least it was harmless (at one point during the fight, the boss in the Battlegrounds strike jumps to a platform and drops a shield bubble, forcing you to follow him and destroy the generator next to him. Or you can safely shoot the platform from below with Telesto and the explosions take out the generator above).

New content this week. The activity is associated with the 30th anniversary pack, but it's f2p. The Avarice dungeon isn't.

https://www.bungie.net/7/en/Direct/Anniversary?ciid=50638

Servers were down for most of the day yesterday. She can't keep getting away with it!

For every hour the servers go down another Telesto gets it's wings. I can't wait for Witch Queen where we just stare at the new title screen all day.

I like how they specified emergency maintenance. Telesto is this close to completely destroying the game and Bungie is doing whatever it can to prevent this, but soon its efforts won't be enough.

I feel like Telesto is the embodiment of "That sign can't stop me, because I can't read!" every time Bungie tries to patch the damn thing.

Telesto has caused more headaches for Bungie than Pocket Infinity ever did.

And of course Telesto is Xur's exotic weapon this week, so everyone who can get one, has one. No shit the game broke.

First, Telesto re-enables itself after being disabled by Bungie. And now it's forcing the game offline? Telesto is too powerful to be kept alive.

Yeah we were so close to finishing Grandmaster Corrupted when we got kicked!

Was solo flawlessing Harbinger bc I was bored. On the last room, too when I got dunked on.

Literally killed Master Atheon when we all got kicked to Calabrese before the game gave us mission complete. Why Telesto

Last edited:

ADL

Prophet
The Witch Queen's campaign on the legendary difficulty has some pretty awesome perks.
WHAT ARE THE MAIN REWARDS OF COMPLETING MISSIONS AT LEGENDARY DIFFICULTY?
  • We've got double chest rewards offering 1-3 extra chests per mission. Each chest will give you world pool gear, XP, upgrade modules, and Glimmer.
  • Legendary players will be able to earn Throne World armor and unlocks at a faster rate.
  • Basically: Higher the risk means higher the reward, especially when getting to the new Power Level soft cap in The Witch Queen.
  • Completing ALL missions on Legendary will award players with the following:
    • A new emblem exclusive to those who complete the campaign at Legendary difficulty.
    • A Triumph required for the newest title for Throne World.
    • A set of gear 20 above the soft cap at 1520 Power Level.
    • Eight upgrade modules.
    • New The Witch Queen Exotic armor that typically is reserved for PED Lost Sector drops.
  • Exclusive Bungie Rewards, more on that in the future.
  • SOME PLAYERS HAVE BEEN ASKING IF THIS IS A DIFFICULTY TO BE FEARED - HOW CHALLENGING IS IT?
  • To set difficulty expectations, the Legendary campaign is designed to be harder than a Legend Nightfall, though it is easier than a solo dungeon or running a Grandmaster Nightfall.
  • Enemies are more difficult and more aggressive. They also have higher damage resistance, are more of a challenge to stagger, and shield are stronger to unmatched damage types.
The challenge of Legendary also comes from switching up enemy interactions and infiltration, like swapping out an Elite for a boss or having an influx of more red bar foes.
Completing it should be enough to get you to the recommended light level for day one raiding. Appears to be a direct response to all the people who fall off because of the light level progression timegating. Makes me pretty optimistic that the leaks and talks from Bungie about removing light levels are actually happening.

Game offline for maintenance, final week of the season begins tomorrow. The "Spoiler Alert" pistol showed up again this season so someone is going to die (last time it showed up was to foreshadow Cayde dying). Betting it's either Zavala (so Ikora can become boss girl of the last city) or Shaxx (under influence of Savathun's song like Lakshmi, who got killed last season because of it and also to help make Ikora boss girl of the last city). Both are also popular characters so Bungie could kill one of them like Cayde to "motivate" the players. Everyone else is either too important (Mara), too irrelevant (Tyra Karn) or has escape plans (Spider). Could be Osiris since Savathun is supposedly holding him hostage "somewhere" and she has no reason to honor the deal, but there's a text somewhere that confirms he's just been stuck inside Savathun ever since she took his body. He'll probably become a floating ball of light like Toland.

edit: polygon had the same idea

https://www.polygon.com/22929725/la...witch-queen-commander-zavala-interview-bungie

“I think people love Lance Reddick, we love Lance Reddick, we love Zavala,” said Blackburn. “I definitely think that we would always make the choices based off what Destiny needs to do first. But certainly, we love having Lance out there not just as a voice actor for us, but also as such a prominent Guardian. [...] We obviously have plans for Zavala — Zavala could go a lot of different ways — but Lance is a pretty flexible actor in his range. [...] So that leaves the door pretty wide open for us with Zavala.”

Zavala carries a lot of weight in Destiny’s story, playing both immovable Tower bureaucrat and level-headed commander, depending on the situation. It’s hard to think of how the Destiny story could proceed into its “Light and Darkness saga” without his nagging voice in your ear, trusting but nervous. Blackburn seems to be speaking to that here. While it’s certainly possible something could happen to Zavala down the line, it seems he may have some character evolution to go through first.

Still, there’s always that twinge of fear over beloved characters and what fate might befall them. So I sent Blackburn’s quote to Reddick himself to get his opinion on Zavala’s future.

“Well, first of all, it’s funny, because in one of my more recent recording sessions, I actually asked them if they were killing me off,” said Reddick in an email to Polygon. “To which they replied with an answer. (Obviously I’m not gonna say what it is [winky-face emoji]).[...]

Last edited:

ADL

Prophet

The exorcism mission that came out today was cool. I just can't believe that a whole mission that serves as a prologue to the expansion will be removed "at the end of season 15" (next week). Why not make it part of The Witch Queen's campaign so it'll stick around?

Yeah, the season being the longest ever with an epilogue that stays up for a week is dumb. Should have been live for the last few weeks at least. The timegated plot has been over for months now (Mara was waiting "until the stars were right"), there was plenty of time to do it without disturbing the pacing of slower players.

Also, apparently the cutscene is tied to the activity, so on one hand it will play every time you finish the mission (so if it fails to play you can try again, unlike the previous cinematics that played once per character). On the other hand, if one player in the matchmade team skips the cutscene, everyone gets booted to orbit. Good luck lol.

https://kotaku.com/destiny-2-witch-queen-dlc-season-lost-reveal-cutscene-b-1848544289

-

Well, Osiris is alive and no one else died during the epilogue, not even Savathun's worm after it was removed, so the death will probably be a surprise on Witch Queen's intro or campaign. The hidden Ahamkara egg in Mara's chambers is still there too, meaning she's probably not going anywhere. Things aren't looking good for Zavala...

Last edited:

frajaq

Erudite
I for one am unironically excited for tomorrow.

I hope the Legendary Campaign is kinda challenging, I'm not expecting much but after playing Presage I believe they can do some nice levels

In one of the recent weekly posts they said it's meant to be as hard as a legend nightfall (the kind you can queue for).

Also everyone will be boosted to level 1350 when the expansion arrives, to avoid situations like the dares of eternity and exorcism mission screwing over who haven't played for a while since they will be underleveled. I actually got a notification saying I got the emblem they created to reward people who intentionally lowered their light level to matchmake with new players who got stuck in the dares (Xur pulls you into the arena without warning the first time you log in), but I didn't find it.

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/...-in-preparation-for-the-witch-queen-expansion

-

:dealwithit:

Last edited:

frajaq

Erudite
Expansion is good so far, Season too. There's some actual challenge in the Legendary Campaign in some key moments, so it's been fun to solo them

ADL

Prophet
Almost done with the campaign. I'm impressed. Legendary campaign difficulty is difficult but fair and I love that it rewards you with 1520 gear to bypass part of the softcap progression. The guns are good, it made my stasis playstyle far more viable and this is my favorite campaign in a Destiny game so far. The destination/strikes/content is the best since Taken King/Rise of Iron in Destiny 1.

ADL

Prophet
Savathun on legendary was like a good raid boss encounter. Took us 17 attempts figuring out the best strategies. Bungie wasn't kidding when they said the campaign would be designed like their dungeons because they really stepped up their game this time. Also they give you a little more than what they told us as a reward (spoiler below).
ynKXqBF.png

ADL

Prophet
Warlockbros go get your discipline godroll for Nezarec's Sin from Xur which is amazing after the Void 3.0 rework
m0JMqk6.jpeg

He also has Dead Man's Trigger with high calibur and vorpal which is also considered a godroll

Kavin Yanes, Sandbox Discipline Lead, managed to royally piss off everyone with his tweet yesterday saying "Titans wll never get air dodge back my guy. It's part of the warlock identity. Sorry but I wanted to rip that bandaid off". Titans because they were told what they were expecting but in the douchiest way possible, warlocks because they are being pushed too hard into being the aerial class, and hunters because they're now the middle child that gets no attention. Doesn't help that he seems to main warlock himself.

Community managers now posting walls of text about compassion and death threats.

https://boards.4channel.org/vg/thread/386640958

https://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/comments/v3gfce/titans_will_never_get_air_dodge_ie_twilight/

(context: In Destiny 1, titans had an exotic chestpiece, Twilight Garrison, that allowed them to dodge mid-air. This became a class skill for solar warlocks in Destiny 2)

Xur is also selling a weird gun

and finally, Iron Banner new (old) Rift mode is bugged to oblivion, but at least they fixed the reputation gain.

Last edited:

ADL

Prophet
Lightfall coming February 28th 2023 featuring new darkness subclasses and a grapple hook gameplay mechanic. In-game LFG, loadout inventory management and player commendation systems being added.

New season started today pirate themed

The Taken King's King's Fall raid returning Friday with the GOAT Touch of Malice exotic finally coming to D2

30th anniversary pack is free on the Epic Games Store. I'd imagine you can redeem it on EGS and continue playing on Steam. Fortnite and Fall Guys collaborations starting today.

Full presentation

Xelocix

Learned
Started playing this crap recently. Love how Destiny 2 Awoken females are so ugly that 95% of the playerbase plays as fem Exo instead because the goddamn robots are more attractive than the goblinoid facial presets for the intergalactic space skanks. I've only seen 2 awoken females the entire time I've played. Pretty based if you ask me.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom