Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Destiny 2

Blaine

Cis-Het Oppressor
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy
Someone call me when I don't have to listen to IGN clowns flapping their moronic gums at each other while I desperately try to skip around and avoid them.

silent PvP gameplay

another point of view

silent PvE gameplay

Good to see that even in a controlled environment, people still get paired up with garbage teammates.

Yeah, I was sitting here thinking "His teammates must for for IGN or something" the entire time lol

I had a similar thought: even after all these years, people still can't do jumping puzzles, even when they're not a puzzle

Terras and the Titan were fine. The warlock could've been my mom and it wouldn't surprise me.
:lol:

commentated gameplay both PvE and PvP, silent after 1:50

Last edited:

Gerrard

Arcane
Looks like Firefall with a budget, except Firefall actually had some ways of not moving like a fucking slug.

Also
>exotic weapon
>a gun with some effects on it that just shoots normally
Even fucking Borderlands had some unique weapons with altered projectiles.

Hobo Elf

Arcane
My favorite part about Destiny was the sci fi setting and then the absolutely generic military shooter guns. I was so bored playing this crap. High level loot was just the same fucking guns but they swap the damage with an elemental one, which doesn't really have any bearing at all in terms of gameplay.

Gerrard

Arcane
It's not finished yet, they still have time to downgrade the graphics.

Also
>game is limited by CPU power because of network related calculations
>has no dedicated servers that would alleviate this issue
:australia:

Last edited:

J1M

Arcane
Will probably play this because I can buy it with battle.net bucks from cashing out of wow.

Looks like Firefall with a budget, except Firefall actually had some ways of not moving like a fucking slug.

Also
>exotic weapon
>a gun with some effects on it that just shoots normally
Even fucking Borderlands had some unique weapons with altered projectiles.

But nobody used these. BL1 had a shotgun that had a wave pattern of blue pellets because the previous owner was a surfer dude, which is kinda neat until you realize how hard it is to actually hit things with it.

There are ways to move faster depending on classes and perks, but admittedly that's not very relevant when facing competent enemies (human and computer) since then you're better off playing peek-a-boo. Trials of Osiris (tournament PvP mode) will often degenerate into sniper duels, which is why I never managed to get the unique gear from that mode.

Hopefully they'll improve it now but at least in Destiny 1, usefulness of exotic gear varies wildly. There's game-changing ones like the chestplate that gives titans an air dodge, stuff that changes your playstyle but is a matter of taste (warlock gloves that gives HP drain to grenades, you have to give up a few good perks to make it useful) and the useless ones like the greaves that improve titans' shoulder charge (which 95% of the time is an one hit kill anyway, unless the enemy is using a specific class and exotic armor themselves to get more HP). For weapons, there's awsum ones like the energy sniper rifle that regens ammo over time but can't be reloaded with ammo boxes and the assault rifle that has a % on hit chance of instantly recharging your melee skill...and then there's the pistol with tracking rounds (meh) and the shotgun that gives extra range and damage on successive headshots (you're better off with a regular shotgun with good range to begin with, and consistently getting headshots in PvP is too hard to make use of it).

The gun showcased in the video sounds banal but it makes a big difference in practice because of the perks. Taking shock damage while wielding it increases its damage and makes the shots hit nearby enemies (good on PvE, great depending on modifiers) and return ammo (useful in PvE, great for PvP). I would criticize it for being unoriginal since Destiny 1 has a similar gun, but it was a favorite.

Ivan

Arcane
Can anyone give the me a real summation of this. It's being bundled with the 1080gtx I bought and was thinking of selling it if: it features HP bloated enemies like Borderlands, features ENDLESS LOOT that kills hp pianatas slightly faster, like Borderlands.

Martius

Liturgist
More or less that's first Destiny. Second game sounds like same thing, maybe just with more quality of live features.

Gerrard

Arcane
Jesus Christ I am falling asleep watching the gameplay over here.

Hobo Elf

Arcane
I don't think there's going to be any difference between Destiny 1 & 2. The only reason this is sold as Destiny 2 and not as an expansion is so that they can sell the game at full price + season pass again.

Ivan

Arcane
How does it play? Is there a linear campaign? Or does it go the dumb open hub borderlands approach with pitiful gunplay? I guess I just don't get the 'hype' for this, presentation aside.

Ivan

Arcane
wtf this is in the MMO subforum? I should have known! off to ebay it goes

200.webp

Hobo Elf

Arcane
How does it play? Is there a linear campaign? Or does it go the dumb open hub borderlands approach with pitiful gunplay? I guess I just don't get the 'hype' for this, presentation aside.

It's Borderlands with Halo gunplay. Hype is most likely artificially manufactured since Destiny 1 didn't do too well to create this much hype for a sequel.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom