Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Destiny 2

Ivan

Arcane
CODEX DELIVERING HARD TRUTHS. thanks bros.

Martius

Liturgist
You can safely say there is a lot of World of Warcraft in this mix. Destiny has some elements straight from it like gear score, normal and heroics dungeons, weekly raid resets, daily quests and faction reputation. Honestly it does not really complement rest of the game.

Idiott

Arcane
There's free open beta available throuch blizz client (29-31 August). Not much content but if it's indicative of a final product, it will suck.
Apparently you can connect a controller to your PC to get an "aim assist" that locks on enemy head when using keyboard and mouse too, also in pvp.

DemonKing

Arcane
I tried it last night and it didn't do much for me (never played the original due to PC Master Race not being allowed in). Graphically it looks alright in a plastic kind of way but there's no interactivity at all with the environment - it can't be destroyed, shot up or moved in any way. The only thing your bullets can actually damage are the enemy who explode in a shower of power ups/ammo when killed. Enemy AI reminds me a bit of Halo in that at least the enemy don't mindlessly charge or play popamole.

I did one defense mission against 3 waves of enemies where there seemed to be other players on my team. A couple of times I seemed to die with no idea why because there was so much happening on screen. I think one of my teammates might have revived me, but that was the limit as far as teamwork went that I could see.

Not tempted to buy at this point in time.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Is it mostly PvE or PvP? Are there noticeably distinct 'classes' (can I play a healer)? Are there 'dungeons?' It's open world but is there much to do in the world or do you just go back and forth to dungeons... if they exist?

Castanova

Prophet
It's a mix of pve and PvP. Whatever you want.

However they have essentially removed all the RPG esque elements from the game and now it's just Halo Redux. Not worth playing unfortunately.

Hobo Elf

Arcane
Is it mostly PvE or PvP? Are there noticeably distinct 'classes' (can I play a healer)? Are there 'dungeons?' It's open world but is there much to do in the world or do you just go back and forth to dungeons... if they exist?

Unless you have friends to do PvE raids with (since you can't do those with random people), all you can look forward to from the Destiny end game is typical Halo-era Bungie PvP.

However they have essentially removed all the RPG esque elements from the game and now it's just Halo Redux. Not worth playing unfortunately.

Sounds just like Destiny 1.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Wait... seriously? There's no public grouping for raids? Anywayz, I saw some footage where they had 'public events' which seemed cool. Since I resubbed to WoW out of boredom I realized I had an additional four tokens in my bags on top of the $345 ($350 is the cap) battle.net balance. I refuse to spend that on the rip-off of Hearthstone packs. I have no interest in Overwatch or playing Derpablo 3 anymore. Not like I'd buy skins in Heroes of the Storm... so the only things I'd spend that money on is future WoW expansions (ugh) or whatever Activision games they stick on battle.net. Figure I might blow the $60 since it's otherwise worthless to me.

Hobo Elf

Arcane
You can do all PvE content with public groups except for raids. Maybe they changed that for Destiny 2, but since the game is identical in every way that I've seen, I doubt that. If you ever played Halo and thought it was a decent console shooter then chances are you'll think the same of Destiny. Base game campaign for Destiny 1 was short and shit, but the expansions got progressively better and more challenging.

Kem0sabe

Arcane
Game has an extended story campaign that is 100% solo, with cutscenes and whatnot, during the campaign you visit several worlds, each with a map of varying size full of secret chests, patrols (repeatable mini quests), side quests, and multiple quest larger arcs with good rewards at the end, there are also a bunch of public events each with an hard mode variant that is unlocked by the players by fulfilling certain secret objectives during the normal version.

Game has a lot of solo pve content, and the dungeon match and pvp making is very fast. Raids have a cool feature that is called guided games, where you are teamed with a clan team, so they guide you through the content, which is awesome for inexperienced players to 1. Find a clan 2. Learn to play the encounter.

Overall, i find the shooting and flow of the gameplay to be much better than the original, the itemization is also better, as you are fed worth while upgrades at a better rate.

Self-Ejected

DakaSha V

Self-Ejected
This game is shit but i play it. Are there any other codex NA retards that do? I really would like to do some raids but fuck joining some large clan with a name like DEATH DEALERS, etc

Rahdulan

Omnibus
Patron
I don't think a free weekend is really going to give you the right impression because Destiny 2 plays great moment-to-moment considering Bungie knows how to do console FPS right. It's the MMO part and story that are real stumbling blocks, and at least one of those requires longer investment.

Gerrard

Arcane
Just before the new big Warframe update, what a coincidence.

By the way, the opening sequence where you slowly (i.e. slower than usual) crawl through the ruined city in third person, while sad violins obnoxiously play in the background like you're supposed to care, was like:deathclaw:
At least Borderlands didn't take itself seriously.

Rahdulan

Omnibus
Patron
And to think it was a selling point of Humble Monthly in the summer. I swear to god, Activision is desperate as Destiny brand keeps going down the shitter. Not to mention giving it away for free is, just like before, just a ploy to get you to buy season passes.

sullynathan

Arcane
Worth installing (for free) for the single player ?
Single player & MP are connected so you'll be getting people anyway. Haven't beaten it but what you're getting is similar to borderlands with better shooting, persistent multiplayer and less trash loot.
Not very good missions for the first 2hours I played.

lukaszek

the determinator
Patron
deterministic system > RNG

Last edited:

Pika-Cthulhu

Arcane
Didnt they license for 4 of these games? Potentially building up audience for Destiny 3 and 4

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom