Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Deus Ex: Mankind Divided revealed in May issue of Game Informer

AngryKobold

Arcane
My younger brother said the trailer is gay and dumb. I told him to get the fuck out, but on the second thought he might be right.

Last edited:

Azeot

Arbiter
trailer is cool. The game is probably going to be gay and dumb, but at least the trailer is cool.
At least we'll have another excellent soundtracks album. I enjoyed human revolution, but what I think was really superb was the music.

LordWildMan

Novice
This trailer didn't hit me as much as the trailer for HR did. That trailer was incredible. Seems like they tried to imitate that trailer here, but there just isn't quite the same driving force behind this one. The merging of man and machine, the Icarus references, everything fit so well in HR trailer. This just seemed like lots of death, with no 'hook' to make it interesting. We shall see about the game.
At least we'll have another excellent soundtracks album. I enjoyed human revolution, but what I think was really superb was the music.
Only thing really good about the trailer was the music. Hope they bring Michael McCann back.

Also first post.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Deus-Ex-Mankind-Divided-Official-Trailer-Is-Live-Shows-New-Jensen-Powers-477971-5.jpg

Funny, the kiosk signs are in Czech so one of the game locations is probably gonna be Prague.

Jack Dandy

Arcane
Divinity: Original Sin 2
HR left an absolute bitter taste in my mouth.
Retarded final act, "press button recieve ending", idiotic final boss, getting cucked by the chick you were trying to save AND have her make the Grey Death.

Shit sucked.

Still, kinda-sorta hype for this.

DeepOcean

Arcane
Liked the music on HR trailer better, this is just has generic trailer music. I liked they are improving the combat on Desu Ex, on Human Revolution when I had my heavy rifle with laser sights and with the recoil compensator aug... enemies were a non issue to the point of I forcing myself to do a no takedowns and invisibility stealth run to have any challenge.

Septaryeth

Augur
So instead of having the boss' outburst of "It's all illuminati's fault!"(or something along that line, shit it was hilarious),
we have the main protagonist talked about the secret elite socitey out loud in the trailer.
Subtle......

The trailer just didn't click for me. Jensen's story seem pretty complete by the end of HR, no matter how forced it felt.
What's his motive this time? I didn't ask for this, again?

PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Serpent in the Staglands Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
I'm a sucker for the franchise, no matter how far the shark jumps. *sigh* I've got a feeling I'm going to have to seriously upgrade my graphics card at least...before I can play any of these new AAA games though.

I used to say the thing about Dragon Age.

tumblr_ltgoh7xiNl1qdlf3ro1_r8_500.gif

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Human Revolution had its faults but was still fun most of the time.

This trailer looks like you're playing a mix of Robocop and Rambo.

I should have expected a CG trailer but I do wish we can see gameplay at E3.

xemous

Arcane
The Juggernaut Collective is the Anonymous/Wikileaks-like anti-Illuminati hacker organization that Jensen ends up teaming up with in The Missing Link DLC. You also work for them in Deus Ex: The Fall, talking directly to their leader, Janus.
Yep. It's also implied in Quinn's dialog that the Juggernaut Collective has some relation to the group of Russian researchers that eventually would found The Omar (from DX:IW).
The Omar was the only good thing about DX:IW

-Quinn

deus ex invisible war was the peak of the series. the omar are just one of the many great things about that groundbreaking cyberpunk first person action roleplaying adventure full of discovery and intrigue.

Last edited:

taxalot

I'm a spicy fellow.
Patron
Codex 2013 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
Oh god, I'm so tired of Jensen's monologues. The Square Enix trailers are all Final Fantasy emo junk.

"I didn't ask for this :((("
"People are being asshole :( :( :("
"Everybody is telling lies. :( :( :("
*beats the fuck out of people while angels sing, Jensen is killing people but you can tell in his cyber-eyes he is very sad*
*cuts to a random bad guy who then says "Nobody understands me !" *
*Cuts to another bad guy "I am a victim of SUBTLE IMPLIED RACISM*
Back to Jensen.
"The world is going to shit."
<music starts to get loud, more killing, more chorus>
"I hate my life but I guess I really ought to do something about this."
"<cryptic shit about the end of the world">

Title : NEW DEUS EX GAME - SUPER HUMAN BUZZWORD

I should work in marketing.

xemous

Arcane
deus ex invisible war is pure espionage conspiracy action combat thriller suspense

every ending is a bad one

it's groundbreaking

no morals, ethics, etc nothing emo

pure action

plus u can play as a femme to keep the ladies happy

Trailers looked like this since time immemorial, I mean look what kind of action is shown here:

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

Trailers looked like this since time immemorial, I mean look what kind of action is shown here:

True. It's nothing new. I still want to see how the game plays.

AngryKobold

Arcane
The original Deus Ex has been degenerated to a truly pathetic state in all aspects: technical, meritorical, audiovisual. Sentiments aside- good! The console crowd deserves for nothing of better quality. One can be only grateful to the big business for rising to the task, producing pure ten carat crapware. Just as with so- called "Thief 4".

Yet there are individuals taking it seriously; even worse, praising it for WATCH IT! CLEVER plot and CONSPIRACY theme. Talk about kali yuga.

Edit: changed the font to Times New Roman, for I am too serious for Comic Sans.

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
The promise of a golden age is over

Hint from a trailer that rpgs are dead?

Yoshiyyahu

Arcane
Patron
I read The Fall is terrible, but is it worth playing for the plot at least?

The plot of The Fall is essentially trying to score dope.

I didn't mind playing it, but I liked HR more than most people here, I guess. It is a few hours of Deus Ex (sorta), at the very least.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom