Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Deus Ex: Mankind Divided revealed in May issue of Game Informer

MapMan

Arcane
Will this be as boring and with braindead AI like the first one? r00fles!

Unwanted

Xu Fugui

Unwanted
I never asked for this, even Invisible War was better than Human Revolution. I wonder how they will manage to make it even more popamole this time.

Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath
Human Revolution has a lot of problems with plot, level design and boss fights. But still it is the one of the best games from the Decline era.

set

Cipher
Anyway, DX:HR was a good game, so I'm excited for this. However, I'm worried that the devs have said on a post-morten they regret that HR was "too hard"...
Could just mean the boss battles. Which were really something completely else.
Nope:

Talk about setting the difficulty levels for Deus Ex: Human Revolution and if you believe the game offered proper balance.

In retrospect, I think our game is a tad too hard on normal difficulty. It was quite a challenging game to balance. Our first pass at game balancing was too permissive. Players were playing the game like a typical run & shoot action game. Players weren’t using tactics, let alone their augmentations. It was tricky to find that sweet spot where the game is hard enough that you want to think and use your tools a little bit more, while still allowing the FPS vets to have fun with combat itself. Unfortunately, the game ended up being too punitive for some. If I could go back, I’d tone it down a bit, all over the place (AI, more consumables all in all, redesigned bosses, etc.).
Source.
thx

game is confirmed shit.

Whenever normal difficulty gets easier the whole game suffers.

The problem is Square Enix will pressure Eidos to make DX sell 10m copies. First-Person Stealth RPG Action games do not naturally market that high. They will make the game easier, more actiony, and less 'complex' to satisfy a market which isn't there.

What they need to do is make level design better. But even in the first DE you couldn't run around and shoot people like it was an action game, not at least until you were properly equipped. 90% of "gamers" today couldn't beat the first two major levels of DE without an enemy handicap.

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
So about this 2 years thing.

To the best of my knowledge, the world of deus ex should have suffered a massive and complete economical collapse during this time.

Also this whole "lets incorporate parts of all endings" reeks of Invisible War.

Angthoron

Arcane
Yeah, "make it easier" thing is a bit disturbing, as well as the point from which the game will pick up. I just hope they don't pick up the average achievements, aggregate them and make them canonical because that'd be ubershit.

TwinkieGorilla

does a good job.
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pathfinder: Wrath
I'm a sucker for the franchise, no matter how far the shark jumps. *sigh* I've got a feeling I'm going to have to seriously upgrade my graphics card at least...before I can play any of these new AAA games though.

Keshik

Arcane
Same here, should be at least enjoyable to play the first time around now that they are clued in that mandatory boss fights are boring.

polo

Magister
Mini games in HR were actually better than the boss battles. Hope they fix that.

Disgruntled

Savant
Seeing Jensen on the cover killed the hype for me. I sort of wanted to move on from DX:HR because the later part of the game left a bad taste in my mouth, and now a reminder of that transitions to the sequel.
I didnt find him a compelling character either and dont see a need to expand on his story.

Therefore his inclusion stinks purely of a marketing decision. To carry a recognizable brand across rather than making a great game in the Deus Ex universe.
The bullet points and passion of the devs still have me interested in the game, but right now all I can imagine is a continuation of 'stealth kill everyone, hack everything and collect all the praxis'.

The ideas of Cyberpunk 2077 with open world elements and character customization has me more excited than this Squeenix franchise. Deus Ex Universe sounds like it is engineered for a series of small campaigns with short development turnarounds for quick cash returns.

kain30

Cipher
my god... looks like it´s going to be an enormous turd. that trailer implies that stealth option is out.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
my god... looks like it´s going to be an enormous turd. that trailer implies that stealth option is out.

Uh, you're talking about a trailer where Jensen literally becomes invisible at one point.

Martius

Liturgist
Human Revolution announcement trailer was similar - showing cloaking for moment and rest is hack, slash and explosions. Its just cgi trailer. If they will just expend previous game in sensible way it should be fine.

Mieron

Novice
Bit unsure about the mashing of endings, but honestly wasn't much else they COULD do given how that usually turns out, and I was a fan of it with Invisible War.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom