Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Devil May Cry

Mangoose

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity
It's funny that you all sound like skyway. And skyway sounds like. Well, skyway.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
This is the most retarded thing I've read on the Codex in a while. Amazing.
I guess they forgot to add big quest compass so retards like Roguey won't lose a guy in a coat with a sword among non-humanoid enemies.
Once again skyway shows off his ignorance, goes for reductio ad absurdum . M:
Making a character more difficult to see on a screen is a pointless barrier. Good video game artists avoid it.

SearchEngine

Learned
MetalCraze doesn't like Dark Souls for its "retardation of Misery", graphics that "looks worse than Dragon Age 2" and calls it "a game that requires zero brains and skills", yet calls DmC okay?

And forget the whole old vs. new model of Dante debate, how can anyone with even a modicum of taste for Action games honestly say that DmC is a good game? The broken style system, 30 fps, bland enemies, mediocre boss battles, bad platforming, and overall repetitive and unchallenging gameplay doesn't bother you?

MetalCraze

Arcane
I mean, yes and no.

Trying to find yourself when you're semi-camouflaged against the environment is not one of difficulties of slashem games.

On the other hand it is not terrible at all, in practice. Especially from a gameplay perspective.

Mostly it's just a minor graphic design flaw. Probably gives some eyestrain.

I don't see retards complaining about every other UE3 game in existence because 95% of them look exactly the same.

It's just Codex 2013. They made Dante's hair black? Dumbing down!
They added quest compass, camera cones, wallhacks, health regen to Deus Ex? Bro that's like at least 4 new gameplay features!

MetalCraze doesn't like Dark Souls for its "retardation of Misery", graphics that "looks worse than Dragon Age 2" and calls it "a game that requires zero brains and skills", yet calls DmC okay?

Yep. It's that much better.

And forget the whole old vs. new model of Dante debate, how can anyone with even a modicum of taste for Action games honestly say that DmC is a good game? The broken style system, 30 fps, bland enemies, mediocre boss battles, bad platforming, and overall repetitive and unchallenging gameplay doesn't bother you?

What's so broken about the style system and how does it affect the gameplay?

Well gee upgrade your XBox - it's 2013 out there, not 2005. I get 60+ fps btw. But 30 fps and retarded upscaling in Dark Souls aren't the problem however?

Enemies that are immune to different kinds of weapons and have varied behavior and can counter your attacks = bland but enemies that just blindly run at you and all you have to do is hit LMB at the right time in their animations = original?

DmC's boss battles where you must constantly move and dodge are mediocre but Dark Souls slowass boss battles where you just mostly hold RMB and again need to hit LMB at the right time are outstanding?

DmC's gameplay with multiple weapon styles and dozens of combos which you can chain in any way you want (something that wasn't possible before - thus dumbing down?) = repetitive but holding RMB in Dark Souls and just hitting LMB when the enemy is open is varied?

Unchallenging? It's quite challenging and you can die if you fight like a retard. Surely you won't have to repeat last 40 minutes of the game - but who finds that shit fun?

Bringing Dark Souls as an example of a good hns is the dumbest mistake you can make. Now try to actually answer my questions.

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
Devil Metal Craze doesn't have fucks to give, I'm afraid..

Jick Magger

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria
Don't know why you'd even bother with the weapon variety seeing as that fucking axe is so ludicrously effective the only way they figured they could nerf it was turning most of the late-game fights into tedious rounds of rock paper scissors. Apparently limiting the player's gameplay options because you're so terrible at designing combat is considered incline now.

MetalCraze

Arcane
Jick_Magger_101 said:
Apparently limiting the player's gameplay options because you're so terrible at designing combat is considered incline now.
Dark Souls? Yes it's praised by codexers.

The Scythe is much more effective vs. multiple enemies than axe btw. Axe is also slow.

Oh Jesus. Even the Angry Video Game Turd can pick the faults in the game:
http://angryjoeshow.com/2013/01/dmc-devil-may-cry-angry-review/

No Skyway, the new DmC is not "challenging". It's not fun. It's not even enjoyable.

That faggot claims DXHR is not a dumbed down POS and is a good game instead. That's like credibility out of a window in a blink.

This is the most retarded thing I've read on the Codex in a while. Amazing.
I guess they forgot to add big quest compass so retards like Roguey won't lose a guy in a coat with a sword among non-humanoid enemies.
Once again skyway shows off his ignorance, goes for reductio ad absurdum . M:
Making a character more difficult to see on a screen is a pointless barrier. Good video game artists avoid it.

I don't think reductio ad absurdum means what you think it means.

Jick Magger

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria
The Scythe is much more effective vs. multiple enemies than axe btw. Axe is also slow.

The pathetic amount of damage the scythe deals does not justify using it at all, effectiveness against multiple enemies or no. Conversely, the axe still isn't anywhere slow enough to handicap the player in any significant way, and the ridiculously large amount of damage it deals more than makes up for it.

If you want to talk about Dark Souls, I'm sure there's a thread in the jRPG board that will more than satisfy your itch.

SearchEngine

Learned
What's so broken about the style system and how does it affect the gameplay?

You mean aside from how easy it is to get the max ranking, how the meter never drops unless you get hit and not penalized for repeating the same moves, and how you can pretty much demon dodge and axe your way to victory even on harder difficulties? Obviously nothing at all.

Well gee upgrade your XBox - it's 2013 out there, not 2005. I get 60+ fps btw. But 30 fps and retarded upscaling in Dark Souls aren't the problem however?

The standard DmC is 30 fps and Dark Souls isn't the one known for being a fast paced action game.

Enemies that are immune to different kinds of weapons and have varied behavior and can counter your attacks = bland but enemies that just blindly run at you and all you have to do is hit LMB at the right time in their animations = original?

DmC's boss battles where you must constantly move and dodge are mediocre but Dark Souls slowass boss battles where you just mostly hold RMB and again need to hit LMB at the right time are outstanding?

Yes, I do believe that colored-coded enemies that limit your gameplay along with actual QTEs and glitchy boss fights are pretty much worst than enemies that at least make you pay attention without having to resort to AWESUM111!!! combat. You can risk being careless in DmC, in DkS, you can't. Also, who said anything about originality or outstanding?

Unchallenging? It's quite challenging and you can die if you fight like a retard. Surely you won't have to repeat last 40 minutes of the game - but who finds that shit fun?

Aren't you a fan of ArmA?

Bringing Dark Souls as an example of a good hns is the dumbest mistake you can make.

Because I was totally comparing both games as hns.

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
So you're saying the Japanese games penchant for effeminate men is a survival trait they've evolved to protect them from Jaesun, their natural predator?

MetalCraze

Arcane
You mean aside from how easy it is to get the max ranking, how the meter never drops unless you get hit and not penalized for repeating the same moves, and how you can pretty much demon dodge and axe your way to victory even on harder difficulties? Obviously nothing at all.

So? You do get penalized for the same moves on style meter and it's just as hard to get SSS as it is in DMC4.
But how does it affect the gameplay?

The standard DmC is 30 fps and Dark Souls isn't the one known for being a fast paced action game.
The standard DmC? Do I have some VIP Deluxe Edition then lovingly crafted by Queen of England herself just for me?

Dark Souls isn't the one known for being a fast paced action game.
Yeah it's just shit.

Yes, I do believe that colored-coded enemies that limit your gameplay along with actual QTEs and glitchy boss fights are pretty much worst than enemies that at least make you pay attention without having to resort to AWESUM111!!! combat. You can risk being careless in DmC, in DkS, you can't. Also, who said anything about originality or outstanding?
QTEs? Glitchy boss fights? And that's all? Are you that retarded you can't even elaborate your point? Pointing out where exactly did you spot QTEs in DMC would be a good start.

Yep in Dark Souls you can't risk anything because you will have to repeat running through the same corridor repeating exactly the same shit. Every time. But guess what - that's not challenging. It's just annoying.
There's nothing challenging about RMB for block and LMB for attack.
Holding RMB all the time and standing in one place being afraid to move waiting for an actual QTE prompt in enemy's repetitive animation - that's a one fun hack n slash.

Aren't you a fan of ArmA?
Yes I am. Your point being?

Because I was totally comparing both games as hns.
Who gives a shit if you think that Dark Souls is some deep challenging RPG?
The point is that if you praise a piece of shit that is Dark Souls gameplay (and combat in particular) you have no right to criticize anything in DMC.

TL;DR edition:

Dark Souls superior, non glitchy (where the player doesn't clip inside the boss!) boss fight where you must pay attention! And look how much fun the dude is having with that non-repetitive gameplay of moving outside of boss attack area, then moving back inside and exploiting that shit - challenging! Also note the awesome high fps!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4q25yJy_u-Y#t=2m10s

DMC's dumbed down, boring, dull boss fight
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0bNoLdtUF4c#t=2m10s

I mean... really? Are you really serious?

Admiral jimbob

gay as all hell
Wasteland 2
SSSensational.gif

sssensational

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom