Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Devil May Cry

MetalCraze

Arcane
Yeah, just like in that DX thread, about the haircut of Jensen in Human revolution, where you had another ''shitfit'', this time about ''Japanese faggotry.''

Here they made it less japanese. So incline.
Yeah jeez Dante looks like a different faggot now. That ruins my gameplay!!

So you are not OK with me pointing out that Adam Jensen looks like a giant jap faggot compared to JC?
Is that the hip thing for 2013? Not faggy enough = decline?

Not DMC4. :cool: Or Bayonetta either. MGR: Revengeance coming out next month? Also allegedly 60 fps. Whitey just can't hack it when it comes to making smooth action games.

It runs smooth on my PC. Why should anyone care about your shitty 8 years old hardware?
Man getting leashed to that fucking mouse and keyboard like a dog for superior performance and graphics - why would anyone want that?

deuxhero

Arcane
I still don't understand how NT got this deal in the first place instead of one of the many OTHER western dev houses. The only games they have under their belts were VERY expensive critical, commercial AND audience failures, with only Enslaved's story (which wasn't written by anyone who worked for them) getting any praise.

Ermm

Erudite
Yeah, just like in that DX thread, about the haircut of Jensen in Human revolution, where you had another ''shitfit'', this time about ''Japanese faggotry.''

Here they made it less japanese. So incline.

So you are not OK with me pointing out that Adam Jensen looks like a giant jap faggot compared to JC?
Is that the hip thing for 2013? Not faggy enough = decline?

Have you ever seen an anime in your whole life? Apparently not. Do you even know how a japanese faggotry is supposed to look like? Apparently not.
Whatever faggotry it was, obviously not Japanese.

Look at the haircut of Roy Batty. Is he now a giant jap fag? (Don't tell me I try too hard, because if haircut is enough for you to count something as faggotry, the Blade Runner counts too).

Jensen didn't had some crazy Final Fantasy VII thing going on his head.

Sul

Savant
Missing the point again. Not sure if pretending or just a deluded fool.
But anyway, the problem is not only his appearance or attitude, even if they are completely unlikable, but the dumbed down and broken gameplay.
What's the problem Skyway? Do you like to roll on the shit of the decline?

MetalCraze

Arcane
Have you ever seen an anime in your whole life? Apparently not. Do you even know how a japanese faggotry is supposed to look like? Apparently not.
Yeah thankfully I'm not as pro in anime as you are

Look at the haircut of Roy Batty. Is he now a giant jap fag? (Don't tell me I try too hard, because if haircut is enough for you to count something as faggotry, the Blade Runner counts too).
Yes you are trying too hard. What's wrong with Roy Batty's haircut?
http://www.thatfilmguy.net/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/Roy-Batty-Blade-Runner.jpg

No but he did look like a faggot with spikey hair on that pic. FF7 is not the only jap shit out there.

So what's your point bro? Because you have different taste in haircuts from me my point about Dante's looks being a complete dealbreaker only for gayfags is somehow invalid? Insecure much?

Missing the point again. Not sure if pretending or just a deluded fool.
But anyway, the problem is not only his appearance or attitude, even if they are completely unlikable, but the dumbed down and broken gameplay.
What's the problem Skyway? Do you like to roll on the shit of the decline?

Care to tell me what's so dumbed down and broken about it?
I've played previous DMC games and thus far it's the same shit. And don't give me bullshit about score being calculated differently please. It's the retarded complaint.

Ermm

Erudite
Yeah thankfully I'm not as pro in anime as you are

Yes you are trying too hard. What's wrong with Roy Batty's haircut?
http://www.thatfilmguy.net/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/Roy-Batty-Blade-Runner.jpg

No but he did look like a faggot with spikey hair on that pic. FF7 is not the only jap shit out there.

At best, Jensen looked more like Eastern European DJ. It was not really a Japanese faggotry with Jensen, I'd say he was more like ''tuned'' to modern video gamer preference (I didn't liked that, don't get me wrong, but still, it's a very far cry from Japanese faggotry).

And since I've watched more anime than you, then yeah, I am qualified to say you are wrong in your statement that he looks a Jap faggot. Yes, his design is a decline from the first deus ex, I admit that, but not because of something Japanese influenced.

MetalCraze

Arcane
At best, Jensen looked more like Eastern European DJ.
Man you are also experienced in Eastern European DJs?
And what about at worst?
This guy?
And if only Jensen's stupid look was the only, major problem with DXHR. But it's a bad shooter game for completely other reasons.

And since I've watched more anime than you, then yeah, I am qualified to say you are wrong in your statement that he looks a Jap faggot. Yes, his design is a decline from the first deus ex, I admit that, but not because of something Japanese influenced.
How about we get back to the part where Dante's new looks break the game for you?

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
It runs smooth on my PC. Why should anyone care about your shitty 8 years old hardware?
Man getting leashed to that fucking mouse and keyboard like a dog for superior performance and graphics - why would anyone want that?
I don't own any current-gen consoles but I still see the importance in keeping a new installment of a series on par with its predecessors on the platforms for which it's intended. Most people play these games/this genre on consoles and up until now every DMC has been 60 fps.

About this silly Jensen argument:
Jonathan-Jacques-Belletete.jpg

It's Canadian douchebag hair. Just like new Dante has English douchebag hair.
tameem+v+dante.jpg

Ermm

Erudite
At best, Jensen looked more like Eastern European DJ.
Man you are also experienced in Eastern European DJs?
And what about at worst?
This guy?
And if only Jensen's stupid look was the only, major problem with DXHR. But it's a bad shooter game for completely other reasons.

How about we get back to the part where Dante's new looks break the game for you?

I don't know if I am experienced in DJ's. You don't seem to be experienced enough to know what is a Japanese faggotry.
So what? That guy does not even look similar to Jensen. You're saying that only Japan knows the secret of hair gel? lol. Jensen doesn't look even remotely Japanese, so start to accept it.

About DMC, I am only a newcomer. Played DMC3 on PC, before I ragequit because of mongoloid gamepad controls. I didn't said new Dante is breaking my experience with new DMC. Actually, I found the new game quite fun. I only stated that old Dante had homosexual overtones, and new Dante is Twilight-ized. In terms of his new design, his Twilight-ization is not a decline or incline. But I can see from where does the fan outcry comes in terms of his personality.

Jensen's hair is fine, Dante's hair is fine too. Shut up you ugly dorks. Besides, as every normal person knows, it's the size of penis that matters. This site is really great for intelligent discussions about videogames.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
DmC's Dante is terrible from a gameplay perspective.
ss_824aa10d28909f1fbea9bbe02605f302aba5d31b.1024x768.jpg

The white hair and red coat make him pop against the background and enemies. You'll always know where Dante is.
ss_cd23b8020950589416ce7ef30f452fabf3c51079.1024x768.jpg

ss_82589de563d2dff0dd557b62b617060e84866046.1024x768.jpg

On the other hand these clothes make him blend into the background. Being covered in enemies isn't going to look much better. Shit design is shit.

Bahamut

Arcane
Ok finished it, overally was okaish, nothing great but not bad eighter, call me a tard but secondary weapon controlls bugged me till the end

and for the ending
it was quiet obvious that Vergil would turn against us at some point, but the way they revealed it, was anticlimatic, after defeating Mundus Vergill just starts with "its time to rule for us, and humans are weak" rant[spoiler/]

Also after seeing some character art i was glaad that they diched many ideas...

Utgard-Loki

Arcane
i give the game that at first glance it looks kinda nice, but then you realize that it is just too busy with barely any contrast making it hard to know what's going on. rogueys screenshot don't do it justice, you have to watch the clusterfuck in motion.

also, some of my favorite dialogue.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XbKggBiIAGA&list=PLWCybra-2hg2D2ctvDCern8KzMLj01Y9i#t=4m52s

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XbKggBiIAGA&list=PLWCybra-2hg2D2ctvDCern8KzMLj01Y9i#t=8m44s

you disgusting fuckchild indeed.

Jick Magger

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria
You two do know I was kidding around, right?
I thought the whole "accuse others of being nerds in a forum made to discuss computer role playing games" might've given that away.

I thought the whole "accuse others of being nerds in a forum made to discuss computer role playing games" might've given that away.

Sorry man, my bad. It sometimes starts to seem like absolute majority is insane around here so I become a presumptuous fuck like that.

Jick Magger

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria

Sorry man, my bad. It sometimes starts to seem like absolute majority is insane around here so I become a presumptuous fuck like that.
It's ok, knowing the insanity that festers in this place it can be hard to tell when someone is being truthful or just fucking with you.

MetalCraze

Arcane

The white hair and red coat make him pop against the background and enemies. You'll always know where Dante is.

On the other hand these clothes make him blend into the background. Being covered in enemies isn't going to look much better. Shit design is shit.

This is the most retarded thing I've read on the Codex in a while. Amazing.
I guess they forgot to add big quest compass so retards like Roguey won't lose a guy in a coat with a sword among non-humanoid enemies.

Mangoose

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity

This is the most retarded thing I've read on the Codex in a while. Amazing.
I guess they forgot to add big quest compass so retards like Roguey won't lose a guy in a coat with a sword among non-humanoid enemies.
I mean, yes and no.

Trying to find yourself when you're semi-camouflaged against the environment is not one of difficulties of slashem games.

On the other hand it is not terrible at all, in practice. Especially from a gameplay perspective.

Mostly it's just a minor graphic design flaw. Probably gives some eyestrain.

Are you people serious? The new Dante is a fucking abomination. I can drink 10 gallons of 1-year-old milk and produce a better looking character after 10 minutes alone in the bathroom.

I won't even mention the easy as hell gameplay or the story written by a 13 year old hipster feeling edgy. Old Dante was good, I've no idea why Nigger Theory decided to redesign the whole thing.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom