Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Diablo 2: Resurrected remaster

Olinser

Savant
That Carbot guy who makes the amusing animations actually has some good ideas for things like mercenaries/classes in his videos. Usually people that make these videos suggest really dumb shit but his are fairly grounded while shaking things up in a way that doesn't feel like invasive anal rape to everything good and pure.

Carbot is more talented than anybody that actually works at Activision.

It's literally hilarious to me that you dumbasses think that the bottom-tier talent they have 'working' on games like D2 Resurrected and W3 Reforged have the ability to 'fix' any balance in the game without royally fucking it up.

Learned
So, what do you people expect in terms of the upcoming balance patch?

a)
incline.png

b)
decline.png

c)
rating_sawyer.gif

https://news.blizzard.com/en-us/dia...-resurrected-patch-2-4-highlights-coming-soon

New content and rebalance made me very skeptical . It's highly likely that they will gradually transition their Diablo II remaster to "Diablo III with a Diablo II skin" in the name of quality of life, so-called "balance" and accessibility i.e. the decline trifecta.

Also, got my Enigma in legacy a while ago. Thought it would take much longer but two of my 5 high runes so far have been Ber and Jah. Insane. I know luck doesn't work like that but it feels like I've used mine up and RNG will work against me for the next 50 years. I used a non-superior Mage Plate with 260 defense, max being 261.

Funniest thing is Homunculus and Arm of King Leoric still elude me. I thought I would drop these much sooner than Jah or Ber, let alone both. Using wizardspike and moser for max resists feels safe, but a bit lame.

OFUBApV.png

79ZsZuZ.png

Daedalos

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
Thank the gods, that they are finally ready for balance changes n shiet.

About fuckin time neggas.

Probably gonna wait for 2nd ladder season for more changes, but I like what im seeing so far. keep it comin

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
They've been friends for 26 years? Kinda scary thinking that a person you've known basically your entire life can get up and shoot you because you lost a rare item in Diablo 2. But you can't not know he's capable of that, right? I doubt this is the first time he threatened to shoot him or anyone else.

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
Look! A real perfect garnet from D2
"Rainbow flash on massive Indian garnet"
Wp23LWK.mp4

gFjJ6hq.mp4

For those who can't see the imgur pic there is a video:

Last edited:

Silentstorm

Learned
Diablo II is in serious need of meta change or/and addition of random-generated end game content,
I would love that but i don't trust Blizzard as it is now to make good roguelite content or even just new good content that can be compared favorably to classic Diablo 2.

Maybe if they pay modders to work with Vicarious Visions, because current Blizzard...meh.

Daedalos

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
If you dont own any internet in 2022, you basically deserve to get cleansed from earth.

That's a fact.

Cry me a motherfuckin river.

Unless you're some 3rd world shietter, but then again, diablo 2 then is probably not the top priority of your list of things you want.

Silentstorm

Learned
Huh, I guess this will be on Game Pass in the future once Microsoft buys Activision, and Diablo IV will go there day 1, I know Diablo III was launched as always online and with the auction house...but Diablo will become a literal service game.

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
I know a dude who loves D3. Loves the grind I guess. I'll always wonder why Bliz wanted to be assholes with this online shit.

If you register an old diablo 2 game with bliz will it show up in your account. I have two full versions of diablo / hellfire & diablo 2 + LOD. I should try this if i can find the cd cases. (After no cds / mods i just put those away a decade ago)

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom