Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Diablo 2: Resurrected remaster

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
I never followed up on the mod community for this .... uh remaster thing. How is the modding atm WITH the remaster.

Last edited:

Lhynn

Arcane
If you dont own any internet in 2022, you basically deserve to get cleansed from earth.

That's a fact.

Cry me a motherfuckin river.

Unless you're some 3rd world shietter, but then again, diablo 2 then is probably not the top priority of your list of things you want.
15 years here and your every post still manages to be shit thats never worth reading.

Learned
TL, DR: They may have good intentions but there are way too many impulse changes, like a teen's first skyrim rebalance mod. If every build is top tier, no build actually is. Let's see how it goes.

Hobo Elf

Arcane
If it gives me more options to play through Hell without suffering then I'm all for it. It's not like they are nerfing anything so people who want to stick to their endless Sorcing aren't going to be deprived of their fun.

ArchAngel

Arcane
TL, DR: They may have good intentions but there are way too many impulse changes, like a teen's first skyrim rebalance mod. If every build is top tier, no build actually is. Let's see how it goes.
In a game as old as D2 only good thing you can do is big changes. After all you are now competing vs a bunch of decent to good aRPGs.

PlanHex

Arcane
Patron
Players now must smash the Compelling Orb to enter the Durance of Hate, instead of killing the Council. This means the “Khalim's Will” quest needs to be completed to use the Durance of Hate Level 2 waypoint.

Developer Comments: We saw that due to a logic glitch, players often chose to skip required content within Act III by bypassing “Khalim's Will” quest and not experiencing much of what Act III has to offer. We decided to make the “Khalim's Will” quest a proper requirement to complete Act III, much like how players need to assemble the Horadric Staff to enter Tal Rasha’s Chamber in Act II.
Oh yeah, because assembling the flail and running around in those jungles is everyone's favourite part of the game.

Cael

Arcane
Players now must smash the Compelling Orb to enter the Durance of Hate, instead of killing the Council. This means the “Khalim's Will” quest needs to be completed to use the Durance of Hate Level 2 waypoint.

Developer Comments: We saw that due to a logic glitch, players often chose to skip required content within Act III by bypassing “Khalim's Will” quest and not experiencing much of what Act III has to offer. We decided to make the “Khalim's Will” quest a proper requirement to complete Act III, much like how players need to assemble the Horadric Staff to enter Tal Rasha’s Chamber in Act II.
Oh yeah, because assembling the flail and running around in those jungles is everyone's favourite part of the game.
Nope. The best part was hearing a chittering and then seeing the red tinged "You are Dead" screen appear.

Olinser

Savant

Classic Activision bullshit.

"Guys players don't like playing this part of the game. Clearly we have to make it mandatory to play!"

62kuzk.jpg

If it gives me more options to play through Hell without suffering then I'm all for it. It's not like they are nerfing anything so people who want to stick to their endless Sorcing aren't going to be deprived of their fun.

Only thing that I'm wondering could be a nerf is the assassin's trap skills being decoupled from Death Sentry across the board. I've taken a liking to the Trapsin and lighting/death sentry is the defacto trapsin build and respec candidate as soon as you can max out death sentry.

Now all the synergy bonuses for lightning sentry come from charged bolt, lighting caltrops and grenades. They give more synergy bonuses per point but it probably would result in the trapsin only reaching their full potential after a late blooming period, since all of lightning sentry's synergies come from skills that you will never otherwise use, instead of death sentry which you would.

IMO they're probably just trying to incentivize using wake of fire or blade traps, but I doubt those are strong enough even with buffs to justify using over ol lightning sentry/death sentry.

luj1

You're all shills
Vatnik
so wtf i heard they are going to rework most skills

im not opposed, just surprised... but since this game failed let them try i guess

new decision apparently since microsoft acquired them

Last edited:

luj1

You're all shills
Vatnik
big changes that i saw (https://news.blizzard.com/en-us/dia...i-resurrected-patch-2-4-balance-ptr-has-ended)

- each class skill tree is reworked
- most skills buffed
- all mercenaries buffed and now same level as character
- casting cooldown not shared between skills anymore (and removed for some skills)
- buffed set items
- now possible to upgrade base item of sets (normal to exceptional to elite like uniques)
- monster levels in Hell increased
- not sure but character will be interupted less (nerf to faster hit recovery?)

generally all of these are good changes. i guess its not yet time to play, let them experiment

Olinser

Savant

im not opposed, just surprised... but since this game failed let them try i guess

Because what this game REALLY needs is a bunch of bottom-tier SJW talent that's currently working on the game screwing with the balance.

Cael

Arcane

Because what this game REALLY needs is a bunch of bottom-tier SJW talent that's currently working on the game screwing with the balance.
I guess we will end up with the new tranny Amazon being the most powerful class in the game. Oh well, lucky I still have the original somewhere in my library.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom