Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Diablo 2: Resurrected remaster

luj1

You're all shills
Vatnik
Diablo 2 had substantial changes in patches, original release was way more hardcore. For example you couldn't buy mana potions. Which suddenly makes skill spam based builds way harder. XP and loot was also a lot lower IIRC.

That's why D2 Classic in Hardcore SSF is awesome

Probably the closest experience to Diablo 1

Last edited:

Zlaja

Arcane
Barbarian was probably the only class in D2 that I couldn't get into. Very powerful, but very narrow in what it does

I've had fun with the Barb, but it can be very tough to proceed on Hell difficulty if you only play singleplayer/no trading and you don't get lucky with good drops. Barb is VERY gear dependant.

Spike

Educated
Barbarian was probably the only class in D2 that I couldn't get into. Very powerful, but very narrow in what it does

I've had fun with the Barb, but it can be very tough to proceed on Hell difficulty if you only play singleplayer/no trading and you don't get lucky with good drops. Barb is VERY gear dependant.
I just started this Barb playthrough in this fantastic mod called ReModded. It legitimately fixes the barb. Makes Bash AoE, adds some skills...It's a really cool mod. Also adds an endgame area of 100 levels to descend. Barb now is not the functionally worst toon. Still the chaddest, though.

ArchAngel

Arcane
Overall I am a big sucker for story and atmosphere and I loved D1 for this, would D2 be as enjoyable in these aspects?
At the very least, Acts I and II ooze atmosphere.

I know people hate it for the jungle labyrinth and the sewer, but I love the feel of act 3. Especially the music, it puts me in that 'darkest africa' vibe.
That is the main reason I hate it. The rest is OK. Maybe last levels to Mephisto could do with one less level as well.

You can use a character editor to just give yourself all the teleport points and dupe the flail.

The Act 3 dungeons are cool in terms of atmosphere but lmao pygmy enemies.

lvl 2 Blue Slime

Educated
You can use a character editor to just give yourself all the teleport points and dupe the flail.

The Act 3 dungeons are cool in terms of atmosphere but lmao pygmy enemies.
Those skeleton pygmies in Durance of Hate are absolutely horrific, I think like 99% of my deaths are from them or the lightning shooting ghosts.

Zlaja

Arcane
I know people hate it for the jungle labyrinth and the sewer, but I love the feel of act 3. Especially the music, it puts me in that 'darkest africa' vibe

Africa? It's more like darkest Aztec human sacrifice shit.

Those skeleton pygmies in Durance of Hate are absolutely horrific

The way their damage scales in higher difficulties is absolutely retarded. Whenever I see those fuckers I just run & hide behind my desert mercenary.

luj1

You're all shills
Vatnik
Animations are stiff and worse than the original

color contrast is worse than the original

widely speaking textures and particle effects are better than the original as they should be (except lightning attacks which looks like SHIT)

luj1

You're all shills
Vatnik
I can accept that the game and world look very nice

However sadly not the animation

and THIS is what makes or breaks Hack&Slash games

example: animations are not aligned with hits, running animation and especially paladin spell casting is AWFUL, assassin run/stop animations are ugly and unnatural

Gregz

Arcane
I can accept that the game and world look very nice

However sadly not the animation

and THIS is what makes or breaks Hack&Slash games

example: animations are not aligned with hits, running animation and especially paladin spell casting is AWFUL, assassin run/stop animations are ugly and unnatural

You may indeed be correct. I judge all Diablo-likes by their systems. The specific level-item-skill synergies. Not so much the graphics and animation.

Self-Ejected

Dadd

Self-Ejected
People who say Diablo 2 is a "cookie clicker" or similar don't understand the game enough to have intelligent opinions about the game's system. The way Diablo 2's skills work is much more complex than most other ARPGs. That's partly the reason why Diablo 2 feels much more satisfying to play than nearly every other ARPG.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom