Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Diablo 2: Resurrected remaster

The most not gay way to open a jar is to break it with a hammer. A straight hammer, not one of those gay steel mill hammers. Also can't be one of those dainty hammers used to break piggy banks, less you be a small weak child.

Generic-Giant-Spider

If you can't manually twist the lid and open it then you don't deserve to have whatever is inside.

Melcar

Arcane
If you can't twist open a fucking jar lid you are not a man. The fuck is this shit about using hammers and knives?

Sent from my Redmi 4A using Tapatalk

Sykar

Arcane
You people have no understanding of history. Pregnancy contraceptives have been as consequential for humanity as the wheel. Women have breasts for a reason. You don't perform work that requires high strength, fortitude, and mobile when you're pregnant.
We have to be able to differentiate between physical inability and cultural inability, though. I have no idea if women are able to forge weapons or armor, but that article states that thousands of women work as blacksmiths in the USA today, so I don't see why they wouldn't have done that in the middle ages too if they weren't prevented from doing so. If you provide me with sources which state women don't have the strength required to do that, I'm as receptive as always. I'm kind of skeptical, though, the required strength for "men's work" is usually overstated.

Among my other education, I have a degree in welding. I have taken several courses in smithing. Not just academics mind you. I can swing hammer, have worked in a shop, and was certified in several methods at one time. Some women can do it today, but in an era before power tools and gas furnaces...not so much. Try forging a hammer or other tool grade metals without a power hammer. That's not a lady's work. That's a two man job. In the olden days, add an apprentice to keep the furnace going properly. Women are rare in iron working industries, of which actual smiths of any sex are extremely more rare. I have known precisely 2, and know of one more. Most women today working metal create art. Very thin material, often times soft metals like copper. Power tools abound. Arc welding was also not possible 100+ years ago, which highly simplifies joinery. The statistic that there are thousands of female smiths in the USA is a very dubious claim. Even with an adult population in the several hundred million. They're probably counting women who have soldered a necklace or stained glass art together.

Beyond that, there is the historical reality that almost nobody seems to recognize. BIRTH CONTROL. Beyond strength difference, women working outside of the home prior to mechanization was highly complicated by the fact that when people used to fuck, one of them got pregnant. You're not doing hard manual labor preggo nor while you've got small children to contend with.

This really is all irrelevant when discussing a fantasy game like D2. No human, man or woman, could or can do a proper Whirlwind Attack, it is utterly impossible. Paladin Sacrifice? How would that even work in real life? Cut yourself and the enemy faints because you bleed while hitting him? The whole complaint by these dumbfucks is so retarded I have to wonder why this has not been moved to retardo yet. Utterly mind boggeling how you can complain about female blacksmiths in a game where you can drop fucking Meteors indoors from the sky.

Their squabble over what is reasonable in a fantasy game was unimportant to me. Merely, at that moment they had become embroiled in history. One of them was attempting to use misinformation as a justification. Per The Unwritten Code of Internet Conduct Section 17.3.6.a.5 paragraph 3, I could not idly pass by.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
You people have no understanding of history. Pregnancy contraceptives have been as consequential for humanity as the wheel. Women have breasts for a reason. You don't perform work that requires high strength, fortitude, and mobile when you're pregnant.
We have to be able to differentiate between physical inability and cultural inability, though. I have no idea if women are able to forge weapons or armor, but that article states that thousands of women work as blacksmiths in the USA today, so I don't see why they wouldn't have done that in the middle ages too if they weren't prevented from doing so. If you provide me with sources which state women don't have the strength required to do that, I'm as receptive as always. I'm kind of skeptical, though, the required strength for "men's work" is usually overstated.

Among my other education, I have a degree in welding. I have taken several courses in smithing. Not just academics mind you. I can swing hammer, have worked in a shop, and was certified in several methods at one time. Some women can do it today, but in an era before power tools and gas furnaces...not so much. Try forging a hammer or other tool grade metals without a power hammer. That's not a lady's work. That's a two man job. In the olden days, add an apprentice to keep the furnace going properly. Women are rare in iron working industries, of which actual smiths of any sex are extremely more rare. I have known precisely 2, and know of one more. Most women today working metal create art. Very thin material, often times soft metals like copper. Power tools abound. Arc welding was also not possible 100+ years ago, which highly simplifies joinery. The statistic that there are thousands of female smiths in the USA is a very dubious claim. Even with an adult population in the several hundred million. They're probably counting women who have soldered a necklace or stained glass art together.

Beyond that, there is the historical reality that almost nobody seems to recognize. BIRTH CONTROL. Beyond strength difference, women working outside of the home prior to mechanization was highly complicated by the fact that when people used to fuck, one of them got pregnant. You're not doing hard manual labor preggo nor while you've got small children to contend with.

This really is all irrelevant when discussing a fantasy game like D2. No human, man or woman, could or can do a proper Whirlwind Attack, it is utterly impossible. Paladin Sacrifice? How would that even work in real life? Cut yourself and the enemy faints because you bleed while hitting him? The whole complaint by these dumbfucks is so retarded I have to wonder why this has not been moved to retardo yet. Utterly mind boggeling how you can complain about female blacksmiths in a game where you can drop fucking Meteors indoors from the sky.

This line of argument is why all fantasy is shit now and basically no different from capeshit retardation.

Fantasy was never an anything goes deal. Archetypes is what makes fantasy interesting. Everything else is just fluff. Fireballs, dragons, none of that shit matters.

When you are reading something like a Conan story the "interesting" part is Howard's own philosophy and ideas. Everything else is just window dressing.

The woke people mistake this in thinking art is all about politics and propaganda, which is not the case, but art IS about the meaning and ideas, not the form, style or aesthetic.

And without the correct archetypes, fantasy is meaningless drivel, which is why most fantasy games are colossal shit nowadays. You can't have good writing when you don't care about anything except some political agenda or conforming to the form without understanding it just because you think that's where the money is.

J1M

Arcane
Blacksmiths today have auto-hammers...

luj1

You're all shills
Vatnik
Which build are you guys gonna go with when it comes out? I'll probably do a leisurely HC run, solo and self found. That was when I most enjoyed D2. Without rushing you actually begin paying attention to all the nice little details and environments. Also you have different priorities when it comes to stats, more +life and res.

So I was thinking what's best for ssf HC.

The biggest problems are probably,

1. Iron Maiden curse in Act 4
2. Exploding fetishes
3. Gloams
4. Archers with Cursed / Spectral Hit
5. ???

And the must-haves are,

1. Holy Freeze as it slows the whole screen by 50%. You can get this via rw or Merc
2. Life Tap wand on switch if melee. Can be bought
3. Fade or 'Treachery' as it's the only thing in game which grants physical resist
4. Additional CC/slow via Decrep or 'Lawbringer'
5. Staying far away from the monsters, e.g. Fishymancer or Zookeper
6. More than 1k life in Hell and maxed resists

Unwanted

Savecummer

Latest Doxxer Account
Edgy
maximum kawaiii
8AZ043D.png

A lot of hack and slashers are pointless after a single playthrough, though. The difference is the difficulties in D1 are locked behind the multiplayer (which is bizarre). Can't you unlock them with mods?
You just start an MP game with whatever difficulty you like, back out, then the next SP game you play is on that difficulty.

coldcrow

Prophet
Patron
Which build are you guys gonna go with when it comes out? I'll probably do a leisurely HC run, solo and self found. That was when I most enjoyed D2. Without rushing you actually begin paying attention to all the nice little details and environments. Also you have different priorities when it comes to stats, more +life and res.

So I was thinking what's best for ssf HC.

The biggest problems are probably,

1. Iron Maiden curse in Act 4
2. Exploding fetishes
3. Gloams
4. Archers with Cursed / Spectral Hit
5. ???

And the must-haves are,

1. Holy Freeze as it slows the whole screen by 50%. You can get this via rw or Merc
2. Life Tap wand on switch if melee. Can be bought
3. Fade or 'Treachery' as it's the only thing in game which grants physical resist
4. Additional CC/slow via Decrep or 'Lawbringer'
5. Staying far away from the monsters, e.g. Fishymancer or Zookeper
6. More than 1k life in Hell and maxed resists

Are you really fucking asking about the safest HC build? Somewhere I heard that Skellies + AMPD + CE might be good. With utility curse backup to say FU to the AI (dim vision, attract, decrepify).

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
Covidmancer... I mean Venomancer er.. daggermancer or novamancer because poison is fun. And.. well spread da plague.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom