Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Diablo 3 - Reaper of Idiots

Cyberarmy

Love fool
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2
They buffed pets in this patch. Now all pets use our CHD.
That means 5 million critting fetish army and 150 million critting gargantuan for me :)

Edit:
I'm going to :avatard: while my army tear away poor souls with this build tonight.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/witch-doctor#acYTQP!aVWT!YZYYbZ

Last edited:

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
crusder was buffed but still deals shit damage. playing on hardcore requires too many defensive passives on the crusader. for instance WD and Wiz both have good "oh shit" passives and you only need that one defensive passive on them.

switching back to WD which does more damage per DPS value, and is also more fun to play.

btw my wiz has a third of my crusader's HP and toughness, yet takes like half the damage. GG blizzzzzzz

Wilian

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
Feature list for the Real Edition of Diablo 3, on courtesy of PS4

Your friends have a chance of receiving a "gift" every time you get a legendary drop
The gift is a legendary item of their own that they can open on whichever hero they want to: the stats roll upon opening the gift

You'll be able to send items to your friends

Nemesis System: The monster that kills you can level up, jump into a portal and appear later in a friend's game
If your friend kills it, you get "gifts", if the monster kills them, it keeps getting stronger and jumps to another game randomly chosen from your friend's friend list.

Apprentice mode: if a lower level player pairs up with a higher level player, the system boosts the lower level player's stats so that they can handle the action
You still get the exp and items on both characters (each one appropriate to their base level, slightly boosted for the lower level)

Bonus experience is given for group play

Loot is distributed to the players that have priority by stat
All loot drops for everybody, if someone picks a Dexterity item it goes to the DH, if it's a Strength item it goes to the Barbarian and so on

You get a speed boost for destroying breakables

Massacre bonuses give more experience

Killing enemies with environment gives more experience

Massacres have a chance of dropping a Nephalem Glory globe

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
so I decided to roll up a monk this weekend. tonight I got

9G04PkZ.jpg

so I guess that's that character done.

thinking DH next, or barb. those two I got left for "70 with all classes."

I died with my WD but such is life.

Wilian

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
No idea, but there was not a single mention porting those systems over to PC.

Cyberarmy

Love fool
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2

LoL at those drops. My monk bro is waiting them to drop for nearly a week :) And he played a lot like 5-6 hours a day just to get them.
I'm going to use that screen to torture him.
:troll:

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014

LoL at those drops. My monk bro is waiting them to drop for nearly a week :) And he played a lot like 5-6 hours a day just to get them.
I'm going to use that screen to torture him.
:troll:
please also point out that they're very well-rolled too. torture him!

abija

Prophet

TF proc isn't improved by lightning skills damage, that fist is an average pair.

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014

TF proc isn't improved by lightning skills damage, that fist is an average pair.
my offensive skills deal lightning damage and the fist is above average.

abija

Prophet
Yeah but you should max the tf proc until you get a shard of hate, kinda beats your skills.
And I said average pair for TF.

Apparently shard has been fixed so it might be that TF is best weapon now or close second.

Last edited:

shihonage

Subscribe to my OnlyFans
Patron
Bubbles In Memoria
This game is a complete failure in design, and as 2.x patches proved, such severe cases are unfixable. Blizzard is full of idiots now. They don't know how to make a co-op game actually feel like co-op. It's a joyless, moronic clickfest - just the way Jay Wilson always envisioned the series.

Gay-Lussac

Arcane
Haters gonna hate. I was having a blast on 2.0.X, stopped just because I knew so many changes were coming and after dozens of hours it did get boring. Looking forward to joining back.

Psquit

Arcane
good for blizzard that they are actually trying to fix the game.

ill probably try a hardcore season character.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
The problem is this game did nothing TL2 didn't before it aside from prettier graphics and voice overs. And by the time Derpablo 3 rolled out for $50+ you could have already bought TL2 on sale for $5.

Gay-Lussac

Arcane
The problem with TL2 is that it nothing Diablo 2 didn't before which did nothing Diablo 1 didn't before which didn't nothing Super Mario Bros didn't beforehrajfnhwsn f

bonescraper

I didn't know 2.1.0 rolls out today. That's nice though. I reinstalled the game like 2 days ago.

DDZ

Red blood, white skin, blue collar
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
I also stopped because of all the upcoming changes and of course, ladder season!

Installing it now. Wooo!

bonescraper

Yeah, friday. Oh well, at least my monk got a major buff. Really nice patch.

shihonage

Subscribe to my OnlyFans
Patron
Bubbles In Memoria
The problem is this game did nothing TL2 didn't before it aside from prettier graphics and voice overs. And by the time Derpablo 3 rolled out for $50+ you could have already bought TL2 on sale for $5.

As much as I tried to enjoy Torchlight 2, my wishful thinking on it flipped after trying to play it. They failed at programming, all those tiny areas separated by loading screens... no world continuity, no Diablo2 feel. Skills are even less intuitive than in Diablo3. Everything feels arbitrary. Combat feels worse than Diablo3. Graphics are quite bad, and nothing to do with polygon counts. Open Battle.net approach ensures there's no cheat protection whatsoever...

So many good ideas on paper, so much stuff preserved from Diablo2 "on paper", but the game itself is just... unwelcoming.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom