Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Diablo 3 - Reaper of Idiots

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
my crusader may suck but at least he looks like he's powerful

Q8aOWig.jpg

Gay-Lussac

Arcane
How much can you trust the built in damage calculator for items? I've got an item that's +10% fire damage, but that doesn't seem reflected on the estimated damage when you mouse over it to compare with other items.

My survivability is fine for Torment (4.4 million toughness), but damage is a problem with Witch Doctor (only 300k) even with Pierce the Veil.
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Occ-1205/hero/3576717

As a witch doctor you can't trust it at all. The sheet dps scales like crazy with attack speed, but, since your resource is the slowest regenerating one in the whole game and doesn't regen back through basic skills (well, vision quest does it but it's not tied to how many hits you get off per second), then attack speed is really something you'll want to avoid, even if it does bring your sheet damage up - unless you're going for a build that uses pretty much no mana, like splinter darts with vampire bats and 4 other skills that cost little to no mana or don't require constant recasting. Besides that, attack speed also doesn't benefit your pets (afaik) or damage over time skills.

Also look out for how many attacks per second your weapon does - sometimes you'll get a weapon that has higher DPS but that's just because it hits faster, and, like I said that's something you'll want to avoid 9 times out of 10. A slower weapon with slightly lower DPS probably has way higher base damage, which is what you're looking for.

So yeah, don't trust the sheet damage, specially as a witch doctor, since the stat that buffs it the most is the most useless to you.

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
Zed, holy shit, the damage on your crusader's weapon oO
like I said, armory doesn't show rerolls. it actually looks like this:
c3mGKlp.jpg

the crusader is a shit class. if the crusader was good, I would actually reroll the attackspeed for a socket. but instead I just wanted a cool super high dps weapon.

Xor

Arcane
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
Considering how many people are bitching about the crusader, they'll probably be buffed in the next patch.

Cyberarmy

Love fool
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2
How much can you trust the built in damage calculator for items? I've got an item that's +10% fire damage, but that doesn't seem reflected on the estimated damage when you mouse over it to compare with other items.

My survivability is fine for Torment (4.4 million toughness), but damage is a problem with Witch Doctor (only 300k) even with Pierce the Veil.

İf there is an orange diamond near that items specialties it won't be calculated in any way. + %elemental damage and +%skill damage are main examples.
300 k is a bit low for doctors in torment, elites are going to be a pain the ass but it'll be manageable.

Black

Arcane
I don't know if I got them all but I got a decent chunk of them. Still only 1 legendary dropped, a shit one at that.
And my main damage comes from Electrocute since I have +light and +electrocute damage items.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
So I've just finished the campaign with my monk and ended up with lvl 54. I don't want to sperg too much over it but any tips about what to do further? What are my options if I wanna bring my guy the rest of the way up to 70 in the most efficient and least time consuming fashion?

Xor

Arcane
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
Bounties in adventure mode give pretty decent XP.

MapMan

Arcane

As a witch doctor you can't trust it at all. The sheet dps scales like crazy with attack speed, but, since your resource is the slowest regenerating one in the whole game and doesn't regen back through basic skills (well, vision quest does it but it's not tied to how many hits you get off per second), then attack speed is really something you'll want to avoid, even if it does bring your sheet damage up - unless you're going for a build that uses pretty much no mana, like splinter darts with vampire bats and 4 other skills that cost little to no mana or don't require constant recasting. Besides that, attack speed also doesn't benefit your pets (afaik) or damage over time skills.

Also look out for how many attacks per second your weapon does - sometimes you'll get a weapon that has higher DPS but that's just because it hits faster, and, like I said that's something you'll want to avoid 9 times out of 10. A slower weapon with slightly lower DPS probably has way higher base damage, which is what you're looking for.

So yeah, don't trust the sheet damage, specially as a witch doctor, since the stat that buffs it the most is the most useless to you.
Hmm. Seems logical. Got any decent RoS WD guides? As in, stuff like you just mentioned, what to look for, what to avoid, paragon, builds etc.

Thane Solus

Arcane
of course i had to give more money to kotic for reaper of trolls, i was playing a little d3 again, to see the loot 2.0 and other things, anyway.

GOD I FUCKING HATE THIS INDUSTRY, when it comes to setting, dialogs and characters

- the story and the dialog are the most cringe worthy shit i ever saw, its like they made it for 5 years old kids, its so annoying, almost every character in the game is a fucking retard. The prime dumb evils, tell you about their plans every minute so that popamole crowd can understand whats goin down. Azmodan "so you destroyed my catapults, well i have more hahha, oh they are located there, right there, go destroyed them, haha i am so evil". Fucking retards.
- loot 2.0 works, but its gives too many legendaries, also not having more types of unique/rares it shows how shitty the system is
- crusader which i hated when it was announced is the most charismatic and realistic character so far, compared to others, and the skills are cool too.
- ACT V its ok, nothing special, it works
- adventure i didnt tried yet, seems a nice distraction
- oh man, they changed the names on difficulties: normal(easy ), hard(normal), expert, another and torment so, they look so cheap right now compared to NIGHMATEREEE, HELLL, DiLDOOOOOOOOS...
- the difficulty was reduced or maybe i have this impression since the legendaries are the new rare.
- a little too expensive, maybe thats why they are called cash grabs (>.<)

- i hope they will make these fucking dlc cash grabs more often i want my fucking necromancers and werewolf, not that shitty witch fucker and monk to cather the asian people or some anime fucktards, oh and my poor wizard sounds and looks like a fucking emo rage quit shitty 17 years old brat.

- i think they changed some of the core team, because the dumb fuckery beside the difficulty names, its somewhat reduced. The boss in ACT V premise has some sense to it, crusader is not a dumb fuck like the others, overall:

:3/5: Will bang with a spoon.

Oh, Diablo its free again, hahahaha, the dumbest fucking story.

Cyberarmy

Love fool
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2
Hmm. Seems logical. Got any decent RoS WD guides? As in, stuff like you just mentioned, what to look for, what to avoid, paragon, builds etc.

Don't have any guides but here is my doctors skills.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/witch-doctor#ecUlYT!aXVS!aZZZbc

It is very defensive, and I become pretty immortal though it lacks a wizard ability to farm till you get some gear with pet bonuses on it. Like the mask giving your pets +%75 damage.
Vampire bats allows me to spam it till no tomorrow, and that leads a massive fetish army after a couple of miniutes. Those little fuckers cut them monsters into half and cause a lot of distraction in large numbers.

Still less effective than any wizard...

Castanova

Prophet
Tuesday patch notes got datamined. Buffs for everyone except Monk and Wizard. Crusader got a ton of buffs but nothing too interesting, just bigger damage numbers across the board.

7/10

Learned
Can't they just buff everything to eleven and leave it?

What's the point of even balancing this game? There's no PvP to speak of and the gameplay consists of trying to faceroll as many monsters per minute as humanly possible.

Because Blizzard are anal as fuck now a days AND the playerbase, being WoWtards through and through (for the most part), will start whining like there's no tomorrow if a class that they didn't pick can faceroll monsters better than they can.

Xor

Arcane
I miss the CM/Force Shield/Crystal Skin god mode build from when the game launched. I don't think I've ever had as much fun as when I was running around with that.

Castanova

Prophet
I miss the CM/Force Shield/Crystal Skin god mode build from when the game launched. I don't think I've ever had as much fun as when I was running around with that.

I found a bunch of +fire damage items so I'm running a Black Hole / Blazar -> Spectral Blade / Flame Blades -> Ice Nova / Bone Chill -> spam Wave of Force / the fire rune Wizard and it's pretty fun. Wave of Force has insane AoE range and I barely have any AP problems.

Black

Arcane
Black Hole in general is amazing, mashing groups of mobs in one place for easy nukings.

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
black hole is probably my favorite spell.

another one I really like is crusader's phalanx with bowmen. the damage sucks tho. luckily the patch will double the damage (85 -> 160), so maybe it's actually a viable skill now because it costs no wrath to use.
falling sword with rise brothers is also pretty cool, but again, the damage sucks.

I'll use something like this when I give the crusader a spin again after the patch: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/crusader#UPefVQ!aiUV!aaZcab

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom