Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Diablo III - bigger than politics

janior

Arcane
Patron
been playin some d3 it's really good for what it is(def a better game than whatever poe has become now)

This thread where a person who is really smart and not retarded did their level best to prove diablo 3 is good and everyone else is stupid has successfully proven to me that diablo 3 can not be defended and is in fact, shit.

Diablo 2 looked fine on release. Starcraft looked fine on release. Have you seen the prototype pics of starcraft back when it looked like literal warcraft in space? That was fucking rough...
Yeah, neither game were pushing the boundaries of graphics, but they were about having tons of units on screen, obviously they weren't gonna have the best graphics ever.

And nox, as ok as it was, did not have good graphics. Good god man.

d1r

Single handedly funding SMTVI
Patron
This thread where a person who is really smart and not retarded did their level best to prove diablo 3 is good and everyone else is stupid has successfully proven to me that diablo 3 can not be defended and is in fact, shit.

Diablo 2 looked fine on release. Starcraft looked fine on release. Have you seen the prototype pics of starcraft back when it looked like literal warcraft in space? That was fucking rough...
Yeah, neither game were pushing the boundaries of graphics, but they were about having tons of units on screen, obviously they weren't gonna have the best graphics ever.

And nox, as ok as it was, did not have good graphics. Good god man.

It's really just the abhorent art style, and the cartoony presentation of almost everything (minus the cgi cutscenes) that destroyed any form of hype for me. And of course Path of Exile was becoming more and more a thing as well, already looking way grittier than Diablo 3 itself.

And nox, as ok as it was, did not have good graphics

Nox was fucking fantastic, you dirty plebeian.
Hahah ok fine. I wasn't terribly impressed by it but whatever, my little brothers loved it so maybe I just missed whatever it had that made it special. Really my main comment was regarding the quality of the graphics compared to starcraft/diablo 2.

Reaper of Souls looked just fine you edgelords. D3 was gradually improved from its disastrous launch onwards and it's a perfectly decent bit of hack 'n' slash now.
Perfectly decent indeed. INDEED SIR!

There are games that launch already better than perfectly decent, why waste time on this one that only gradually reached the vaunted heights of perfect decency?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom