Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Diablo IV

Bastardchops

Augur
Patron
Looks brown and muddy. Also it's high time one of the classes was a sports car.

SpoonFULL

Educated
Enjoyed D1 and D2 with their atmosphere and robust character development. D3 did not happen as far as I am concerned.

D4 looks like return to origins. Went to pre-order and saw seasons passes and what not which made no sense to me as single player focused and made me check if there is an offline mode.

Blizzard confirmed no offline mode, and season passes are for cosmatics. Easy pass and glad that I saved money (from buying an online service).

Duraframe300

Arcane
Battle Pass, cosmetics, mounts and much more :shredder:

r3u42z6b6y4a1.png

Imagine buying this
Even better, imagine buying this:

only to find out that the FUCKING BASE GAME is not included in the CE.

We went from discs to codes to absolutely nothing.

In the next step we'll get beaten up by security for daring to purchase a boxed version and then afterwards get banned for life from playing said game.

Daedalos

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
70 euro with season pass is pocket money for most people.

Stop being poor u fucks
"I'm going to willingly give money to a rich corporation full of people who hate me rather than donate it to a local charity"

average consoomer
I earned my own fucking money, and I spend it on whoever or whatever I see fit, and give me enjoyment in this short mortal life that I have.

Codex Year of the Donut

mediocrepoet

Philosoraptor in Residence
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex+ Now Streaming! MCA Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
70 euro with season pass is pocket money for most people.

Stop being poor u fucks
"I'm going to willingly give money to a rich corporation full of people who hate me rather than donate it to a local charity"

average consoomer
I earned my own fucking money, and I spend it on whoever or whatever I see fit, and give me enjoyment in this short mortal life that I have.
Agree. Why willingly give money to a rich corporation full of people who hate rusty (well, that's its own reward, but anyway) when you can recline on bags of cash, sipping brandy and using a wad of bills to light your cigars while laughing at starving orphans?

ArchAngel

Arcane
70$ for this is way too much lol. And if that season pass is going to have game benefits I will not touch this game even when it is heavily discounted...

mediocrepoet

Philosoraptor in Residence
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex+ Now Streaming! MCA Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
Blizzard really hurt themselves in the actual gamer market with that Diablo Immortal shit. The consensus mostly seems to be wait and see instead of D1P.

I had been interested in D4 originally, but now I'm hanging back to see what the exact monetization scheme is and whether they have any P2W features, etc.

I think they could actually fully kill one of their best franchises if they fuck this up. Even whales won't kick around funneling money into a game where there's no one else to beat on with their money cheats.

Zurat-Yarkuch

Savant
cinematics looks nice at least

The black woman cleric actually works in a way, since the majority of Christians are African.

I live in Canada and most of the black people here are either from the Caribbean or Africa. Went to the doctor's office for a visit and there was a hot young black woman with a cross nestled in her cleavage. Didn't have any ugly tattoos either like 100% of white women now.

In Diablo 3 I played the female witch doctor cause she was hot and wore little clothing. The story of Diablo 3 for me was a crazy vodoo black women raising the dead and killing demons in not-europe and not-middle east.

Getting back to my original point, more attractive african women in video games with little clothing.

Unwanted
Dumbfuck
I live in Canada and most of the black people here are either from the Caribbean or Africa. Went to the doctor's office for a visit and there was a hot young black woman with a cross nestled in her cleavage. Didn't have any ugly tattoos either like 100% of white women now.
Stay the FUCK away from the Black Queens bitch, no fuckin Cucknadian gonna steal our Black women. See dis shit rite here?

fXv5VCt.gif
TBHQhf5.gif

Not for chink colony bitches, real men only, dats rite.

Self-Ejected

Dadd

Self-Ejected
cinematics looks nice at least

The black woman cleric actually works in a way, since the majority of Christians are African.

In Diablo 3 I played the female witch doctor cause she was hot and wore little clothing. The story of Diablo 3 for me was a crazy vodoo black women raising the dead and killing demons in not-europe and not-middle east.

Getting back to my original point, more attractive african women in video games with little clothing.

I think the demons need more diversity. They all look the same.

Kjaska

Arbeiter
Patron
Insert Title Here
100 bux for a box without a game. Blizzard breaking new ground. If anyone still thinks this isn't going to milk you for all your money is on some military grade copium.

Dhaze

Cipher
100 bux for a box without a game. Blizzard breaking new ground.

As much as I like to shit on Blizzard as they are now, in this case they're just following tracks left by others. Mirror's Edge, ReCore, Mass Effect Andromeda, and many others have seen the release of a Collector's Edition in which the game was not included.

Long gone now, the 80's and 90's, when for the price of a pc game we often got a nice big fucking box, multiple CDs in an artwork-covered foldable case, and a booklet half as thick as a novel.

Zurat-Yarkuch

Savant
In all seriousness, I'm very skeptical about this game. This is going to be an always online persistent world game, meaning that in a few years they are going to change and remove things that are problematic as soon as a single person complains on twitter. Look at what they did to World of Warcraft. Removed stuff that was totally harmless, but pretended that having a painting of a woman with cleavage leads to woman having mental breakdowns.

Seriously, Blizzard has no balls anymore. Anything that is dark or disturbing in the game is going to get erased through click bait articles and outrage. Games going to end up being as dark and disturbing as My Little Pony.

Self-Ejected

HereticGuy

Self-Ejected
Stay the FUCK away from the Black Queens bitch, no fuckin Cucknadian gonna steal our Black women. See dis shit rite here?

fXv5VCt.gif
TBHQhf5.gif

Not for chink colony bitches, real men only, dats rite.

I was wondering what could I see more disgusting than a nu-Blizzard Diablo game; then I saw your post.
cant-unsee-how-to-unsee.gif

Kjaska

Arbeiter
Patron
Insert Title Here
Speaking of copium. Here is a very positive preview from a notorious shill about the game:

And even this guy is warning people not to get hyped because the monetization is most likely going to be predatory. BTW all the footage and the way he described the game made me feel more and more like Lost Ark. Another example of great monetization.

S.torch

Liturgist
Feedback from where? Their own community of 70 IQ mouthbreathers? Good luck.

Various places. There were plenty of D3 70IQ multibreathers that wanted more D3 and they got bounced back by devs saying this is not what they want for D4.

Some of the stuff they revised after feedback:
- Blue magic items will have highest rolls possible came from such feedback with D2 fans.
- Unlike D3 where you build could be swapped on demand is gone and in D4 you have whole skill trees that got revised like 4 times (and they still work on them). Moreover unlike D3 swap as you want D4 will require investment in character as you can't respec easily. They directly stated you will need some rare currency to respect one point at the time. They directly bounced back D3 fans who wanted free respect anytime and instead listened to D1-D2 fans
- Whole rune system is borrowed from POE gem system where some runes function like triggers for other effects. This was also feedback from fans. At start runes were just stats like in D2
- Angelic/demonic/ancient power got revised also like 4 times. At start they were just stupid gear requirement, then skill unlocks for gear. Now they are about buffs. Angelic increases time for buffs, demonic increases time for debuffs on enemies and ancient does something else.
- Main stats. At start each class had its own stats and one other stat that gave it bonuses. Due to feeback now all stats (5 of them) give each class different buff. Want to use more skills then invest in willpower etc.
- Whole magic/rare/unique/set/mythic system was heavily criticized being loopsided toward set items and mythics completely. They revised it and now according to devs (since we can't test it ourselfs) there aren't clearly the best gear path like in D3.

Obviously game could still be shit but overall i am pretty sure it will be great ARPG to play. Like i said my only main worry is open world.

And none of those changes are relevant because the game still shares the most important decision that shapes all the design with D3: It has no offline mode.
Is just another MMO lightly disguised.

Also that "succubo" will create a whole generation of pious and celibate men. :lol:

vibehunter

Learned
I haven't played a ton of Diablo other than Diablo 1 but it seems clear that they're moving away from a standard Diablo game and incorporating many elements of Lost Ark into it. Diablo 4 bot trains imminent?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom