Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Diablo IV

ArchAngel

Arcane
This game is giving me anxiety, and I don't think it did when I played it when it first came out. They definitely upped the enemy quantity/density, and the screen is an unreadable mess because of how much and how fast everything happens. I remember having enough control over the situation to where I could target individual enemies, focus on them, avoid their special attacks, now everything is a blur. The helltides are especially atrocious.

The "expert" difficulty became rather easy after I beat a boss and got a weapon that did 100+ more damage that my previous one (wtf?). Thinking of moving up one level. The new mechanics are mostly boring and lackluster. The timed dungeons are especially retarded, why would I want to have 90 seconds to get to the boss, wtf.

Overall, the game has definitely gotten worse since I last played it a year ago, and it's not so much the expansion itself, as all the mechanics that got tweaked in my absence. Whoever this is being catered towards, it ain't me.
People cried it is not fast enough so they turned it more into Path of Exile. Helltides are perfect example. But game is still boring, just now you die randomly to shit you could not notice in time.

Hellion

Arcane
Content-wise the game is a yuge improvement compared to launch. At least now you actually have stuff to do at the endgame, and can choose between 1-2 different activities in order to hunt the same items/resources. It's not perfect, but it's a start at least.

The same goes for overall progression. Before the expansion, the jump between Torment levels felt like a disproportionately big gap and a build that shredded everything in T1 couldn't even kill normal enemies in T2. It feels much more smooth now, and after spending some time in a Torment level and leveling up Paragon you should be able to more easily progress through to T2 without spending 100 hours grinding for gear and mats.

There's also minor improvements, like the fact that Dungeons (and killing elites in them) reward Obducite (which is now the sole Masterworking material, thank god) so you actually have a reason to clear them instead of just rushing to the end.

abija

Prophet
3 main ways of progressing your char (waves, undercity, pit) are timed content, they went full mode PoE.
And dark citadel which is decent content to spice up a game like this, has forced multiplayer for some reason...

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom