Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Diablo IV

Crispy

I feel... young!
Patron
Staff Member
Strap Yourselves In
I think I might finally be over this franchise and Diablo-likes in general.
200w.gif

ind33d

Learned
It really sucks Blizzard canned the 3rd person Dark Souls clone version of Diablo they were developing. They could have made the gameplay like Doom Eternal except using powers instead of guns

Dr1f7

Scholar
people actually watch the cutscenes/read story for these games? i thought everyone just turned game sound off, played eurobeat, and spam teleport through all the rooms??

Modron

Arcane
people actually watch the cutscenes/read story for these games? i thought everyone just turned game sound off, played eurobeat, and spam teleport through all the rooms??
Cutscenes are the only decent part of blizzard games going on a decade (or two). Back in the day they used to have decent gameplay to complement their cool cgi but that's far too much of an ask in current year.

Artyoan

Prophet
It really sucks Blizzard canned the 3rd person Dark Souls clone version of Diablo they were developing.
That is the direction I would have gone. Diablo was originally a very atmospheric game. Even first person would have been preferable to me. Isometric arpgs are hyper focused on efficiency for its own sake with little to no immersive qualities compared to the alternatives.

I would have leaned heavily into a third person arpg but with diablo 2 style loot and generally more tactical combat even with non-boss enemies. Could be infinitely more visceral and engaging. As it is, I have yet to buy Diablo 4 and likely never will at this point unless the whole game/dlc is <$10 and I'm really bored.

BlackAdderBG

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex USB, 2014 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker
Cutscenes are the only decent part of blizzard games going on a decade (or two). Back in the day they used to have decent gameplay to complement their cool cgi but that's far too much of an ask in current year.

Their cutsceenes post Warcraft 3 are all terrible.

Modron

Arcane
Oh WC3 was the last one of their games I played sad to see they have declined all across the board. So shit gameplay and shit cgi movies why do people continue to buy their games?

Hobknobling

Learned

Their cutsceenes post Warcraft 3 are all terrible.
Some of the earlier World of Warcraft stuff is still well directed, but it already started to devolve into dramatic movie trailer man voice and character model showcases at that point.

I think this was already quite bad and probably scripted by the dude who did lyrics for Linkin Park.

Nathir

Liturgist
It really sucks Blizzard canned the 3rd person Dark Souls clone version of Diablo they were developing. They could have made the gameplay like Doom Eternal except using powers instead of guns
It would have been shit anyway, as Blizzard can't make good games anymore. So no big loss.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
Man i gotta say it's unreal how much money Blizzard is pumping into this. The commercial for this stupid expansion is running constantly on TV and often YouTube ads. I can see why once you get this big it's hard to fail. I can imagine this level of exposure is hard to miss for normies.

Yoomazir

Educated
You guys realize Blizzard is making quite the money with MTs, right? They ain't giving up on this game.

Man i gotta say it's unreal how much money Blizzard is pumping into this. The commercial for this stupid expansion is running constantly on TV and often YouTube ads. I can see why once you get this big it's hard to fail. I can imagine this level of exposure is hard to miss for normies.
it's not a proper expansion, it's just a lame overpriced DLC.

Skinwalker

*meows incessantly*
Patron
Village Idiot
it's not a proper expansion, it's just a lame overpriced DLC.
It adds a whole new region and a host of new enemies, bosses and a campaign. How is it not a proper expansion?

ArchAngel

Arcane
I started this new season of D4 with Barb going Whirlwind, got access to Wirlwind at lvl 6 (after about 15 minutes) and been using it for next 5+ hours while leveling. It is boring and weak and not fun.
Then I switched to Project D2, needed 5+ hours to reach lvl 30 and get Whirlwind and after that it is pure fun and I do not need waste time using resource generator skills so I can do 5s of Whirlwind. Sure I need to stop for 0.5s to use mana potions here and there but still better than what D4 has.

Sure D4 also has lvl 30 skills (or lvl 24), you can use them once every 30s or 60s LOL

Fuck modern Blizzard!

Skinwalker

*meows incessantly*
Patron
Village Idiot
I found the first obligatory wildly unbalanced boss fight of the expansion. Wtf were they thinking making the magic giant centaur fight so insufferably long? I've cakewalked through the whole dungeon on "Expert" difficulty, only to run into this progression wall.

Blizzard, maybe spend less time hiring pink-haired trannies to insert themselves into their woke narrative, and instead hire some more playtesters? That side-quest about finding the thing in a blue circle is still broken, btw. The thing doesn't spawn. It's a known issue, all over the internet. It's been days.

Anyone gonna fix it? Hello?

1eyedking

Erudite
Is there any chance they'll remove lvl scalling and put offline-singleplayer mode to the game? Any mods doing that? If not, I won't touch this piece of shit again.
it will never be single player. But I'm enjoying D2R offline with Merciless mod.
https://www.nexusmods.com/diablo2resurrected/mods/528
Based.

Is there any chance they'll remove lvl scalling and put offline-singleplayer mode to the game? Any mods doing that? If not, I won't touch this piece of shit again.
it will never be single player. But I'm enjoying D2R offline with Merciless mod.
Merciless basically removed gold and shopping, two things that I liked in D2.
Not based.

Merciless basically removed gold and shopping, two things that I liked in D2.
but also lowered prices for hirelings and more inventory space. and stamina is less of a problem
I can agree with you on the gold part.
Semi-based.
Gold, shopping, Larzuk-socketing and deterministic rune-farming were broken and made all runs boring and the same. Having no shops is the superior traditional Roguelike design.

Path of Diablo or Project Diablo 2 are better. I think Project Diablo 2 might also have an offline version.

pd2 has offline version and the next season starts 25th this month
been playing it for 9 seasons now wonderful mod
PD2 is power creep hell. Everything in the mod feels broken. From drop rates to affixes to uniques, Runewords, corrupting items, the Barbarian moving like a Harrier plane, every class with a Teleport skill (instead of just removing that piece of s...), unbalanced/broken skills, broken endgame with schizo boss fights...

I can only fathom the most crazed and mazed of PoE softcore trade players enjoying that mod, but kudos to the mod maker for finding that niche to milk.

Jermu

Arbiter
Patron
PD2 is power creep hell. Everything in the mod feels broken.
thats mainly for lod content its pretty easy, mapping is more balanced. they are still balancing lod content too with tuning skill level bonuses depending on skill level

From drop rates
drop rates are about same as in original p5 (5 players same time in game) when solo

to affixes to uniques, Runewords
if you think pd2 items are broken check out original ones (enigma, dracul's grasp or grief for example). no gear variety there are in 90%+ of cases only 1 real choice in lod

also uniques and rws are constantly balanced between seasons

corrupting items
this is a preference thing, personally I like it that you have not only item but specific corruption to chase + gambling is fun

unbalanced/broken skills
name 1

broken endgame with schizo boss fights...
bosses have 3 tiers you can choose from (tier 0, 1 and 2), even hardest ones are fine in hc if you are not complete retard and have decent gear. tier 0 then are doable for most of players with little bit planning

1729025595611.png

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom