Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Diablo IV

ind33d

Learned
reviews coming 30th

d4 gaming gear

• Arctis Nova 7 Wireless Headset | Diablo IV Edition – $199.99
  • Aerox 5 Wireless Gaming Mouse | Diablo IV Edition – $149.99
  • QcK XXL Mousepad | Diablo IV Edition – $39.99
  • SteelSeries Artisan Keycap | Diablo IV Edition – $69.99
  • KontrolFreek Performance Thumbsticks | Diablo IV Edition – $19.99
  • Collector’s Edition KontrolFreek Performance Thumbsticks | Diablo IV Edition – $29.99

I ordered keycap already its limited to 2160 units :shredder:

Also don't forget to order gaming chair for only 674 €
I would play D4 but I only use MMO mice and the constant clicking breaks them within a few months. Diablo should come with a free G600 and a bottle of lube

PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
is hardcore any good?
At the current state of the Server Slam, no.
There's plenty of items and whatnot that can help you cheat death including the option to Alt+F4 to undo dying.

Hopefully these things are changed at launch, plenty of the hardcore community are not a fan of any of those mechanics.

PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.

Diablo 4 is not a choice and consequence cRPG with hand crafted and carefully balanced combat encounters, it's a hack'n'slash lootgrinder, so level scaling done right could be fine and provide a more diverse experience (as more areas are worth visiting). Roflstomping low level areas in D2 and not having any chance for decent loot or XP gets old really fast. The game just has to give you enough options to get an upper hand over the enemy besides just char level.
Real endgame content is probably OVERscaled anyway (mobs being max. level in e.g. nightmare dungeons)

You can Roflstomp low areas due to the 'World Tier' system, by intentionally going back to lower world tiers which stop scaling at a certain point. For example, WT1 and 2, stop scaling at level 50. WT 3, I think stop scaling at level 70. But it's player choice whether or not they want to do that. If you follow the progression, you'll have access to all the areas and dungeons and be able to play them at the currently scaled content level.

Daedalos

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
Hardcore might be "easier" than expected, but it still beats playing fucking soy-beta male softcore mode for pussies. so theres that.

ind33d

Learned
Quin does some actual investigative journalism and finds out what most of us already suspected to be true:

If Blizzard has to bot its own Q&As, there's a significant chance that Overwatch 2 has literally 0 players and that's why PVE was cancelled. I don't mean almost zero, I mean nobody. Nada

Nathir

Liturgist
Quin does some actual investigative journalism and finds out what most of us already suspected to be true:

Lol, I watched the video and it's hillarious how most of these start out by praising something. The formula seems to be: "Hey, I really love how you did x, but why did you do y?"

Ryzer

Arcane

I mean if he showed real questions, it would be something like this: Why is this game so shit compared to old Diablo games?

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer

I mean if he showed real questions, it would be something like this: Why is this game so shit compared to old Diablo games?

It's all about the money, friend.

If they released Diablo 1 in 2023 instead of 1997, their fans would bash them for a "boring, slow-paced game."

Turns out that catering to the broadest audience does actually come with riches.

Another case of a once great studio becoming a mockery of itself due to the need for ever greater profits. Not that I blame Blizzard, after all the primary function of a corporation is to generate profits.

ind33d

Learned
How did Blizzard port Diablo to consoles if they can't even make a skill tree for Overwatch 2?

Modron

Arcane
They lost all that knowledge they used to bring Diablo to the Playstation years ago.

"Oh my god this looks terrible!"

This is a series where every single game has been worse than the previous. Of course it looks terrible.

People need to stop being surprised by obvious things.

"Oh my god this looks terrible!"

This is a series where every single game has been worse than the previous. Of course it looks terrible.

People need to stop being surprised by obvious things.
This absolutely does not look worse than Diablo 3. If you really believe that you need to lay off the crackpipe.
D3 definitely sucks, but there were a handful of good ideas in it (life orbs, artisans, off-hand tomes, etc) that look like they aren't being added here (or are being added in a lackluster way).

D3 had potential to be mildly interesting. This looks like it's back to the brainless item-hunting and potion-chugging of D2, which is an absolute snorefest. I honestly never understood WHY so many people got into D2 when it's one of the most boring games I have ever played.

"Going back to the classic core" would be good if the classic core was worth going back to.

I'll take mild innovation in an otherwise lackluster game to a boring retread of what came before.

Also I have played D4 and it has some truly asinine decisions in it. Your hot-bar is not actually a hot-bar and doesn't function as one. The game has terrible UX for no reason. It also crashes A LOT. D3 might have been boring but I could run it on my system without it crashing randomly, making it better than D4 by default.

I played the demo for this and HATED it. Uninstalled it after 30 minutes (and 10+ crashes)

Last edited:

Zarniwoop

TESTOSTERONIC As Fuck™
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong

It's all about the money, friend.

If they released Diablo 1 in 2023 instead of 1997, their fans would bash them for a "boring, slow-paced game."

Turns out that catering to the broadest audience does actually come with riches.

Another case of a once great studio becoming a mockery of itself due to the need for ever greater profits. Not that I blame Blizzard, after all the primary function of a corporation is to generate profits.

Diablo is the main bad guy and he's red. Which would be called RAYCISS.

King Crispy

Too bad I have no queen.
Patron
Staff Member
Strap Yourselves In
SDG you still don't get it. I don't think you ever will.

I'm sure you hold as a sincere, even fervent view of Diablo -- Diablo anything, 1, 2, 3, whatever -- as being genuinely "good games". You probably even think of them as RPGs, which, in a sense, they sort of are, but only very controversially so.

Diablo as a franchise is generally viewed, or at least used to be before Gen-Z came along, as the demise of the classic computer roleplaying game. It was seen as the first truly popular whack-a-mole type "RPG", and for good reason.

Yet here you are, unironically boasting that you've A) pre-purchased it and B) will even revel in it because you honestly feel in your heart that it's your favorite type of game. But you still fail to grasp why RPG Codex doesn't really accept you. I guess you could retort that it doesn't really accept me, either, or even that I can't or shouldn't attempt to speak for all of RPG Codex anyway, but neither of those things negates what Diablo and, by extension, you are:

Decline.

KIss My Ass

Patron
Dumbfuck Shitposter
Codex+ Now Streaming!
SDG you still don't get it. I don't think you ever will.

I'm sure you hold as a sincere, even fervent view of Diablo -- Diablo anything, 1, 2, 3, whatever -- as being genuinely "good games". You probably even think of them as RPGs, which, in a sense, they sort of are, but only very controversially so.

Diablo as a franchise is generally viewed, or at least used to be before Gen-Z came along, as the demise of the classic computer roleplaying game. It was seen as the first truly popular whack-a-mole type "RPG", and for good reason.

Yet here you are, unironically boasting that you've A) pre-purchased it and B) will even revel in it because you honestly feel in your heart that it's your favorite type of game. But you still fail to grasp why RPG Codex doesn't really accept you. I guess you could retort that it doesn't really accept me, either, or even that I can't or shouldn't attempt to speak for all of RPG Codex anyway, but neither of those things negates what Diablo and, by extension, you are:

Decline.
There are codexers who like Dragon Age, Fallout 3, and Skyrim. I am the least of this place's problems. Also you love Cyberpunk 2077 LMAO. Nigga git fucked.

Also I am one of the biggest Souls fans here and the Souls games are unquestionably incline.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom