Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Diablo IV

KIss My Ass

Patron
Dumbfuck Shitposter
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Big 4 day weekend coming up! I'm going to attempt to play for 96 hours straight. I need to reach endgame. Gonna need a couple coolers full of beer, possibly some drugs like speed to stay awake and a bucket to piss and shit in. I'm going full hardcore gamer starting tomorrow night.
I could see staying up with friends, playing the game, getting drunk and *defecating* in a normal bathroom and/or peeing off a balcony. But is this the way you want your parents to find your corpse? Alone, ass stuck in a bucket, dead for a week, computer on, with an uncleared search history?
I don't have any friends. Don't need none either. Friends just drag you down in life. I'm a true loner, like Clint Eastwood in the Man With No Name trilogy. Diablo 4 is sort of like a friend I guess. Always borrowing money and never paying me back. But it's always there for me, except when I get disconnected or the servers are down.

Zlaja

Arcane
But is this the way you want your parents to find your corpse? Alone, ass stuck in a bucket, dead for a week, computer on, with an uncleared search history?

Dude, SDG doesn't have a PC. Not that he can't afford a good rig, considering he's purchased both a PS5 and a Steam Deck (he's barely used the latter tho).

Last edited:

KIss My Ass

Patron
Dumbfuck Shitposter
Codex+ Now Streaming!
But is this the way you want your parents to find your corpse? Alone, ass stuck in a bucket, dead for a week, computer on, with an uncleared search history?

Dude, SDG doesn't have a PC. Not that he can't afford a good rig, considering he's purchased both a PS5 and a Steam Deck (he's barely used the latter tho).
The Steam Deck thing was unfortunate timing. At the time I wasn't expecting to be able to find a PS5 anytime soon, but sure enough right after I got the Deck I found a PS5 (this was when they were still hard to find). Like I said just poor timing. Of course if it's a multiplat game I'm getting the PS5 version every time.

Saravan

Savant
It's actually more complex in many ways than Diablo 2.

There are more builds, more skills, more shit to invest points into and customize, more shit to do, more stuff to mess around with.

Obviously it's also far better graphically, physics-wise, etc.

Where it's worse than Diablo 2 is atmosphere, MMO type shit, and some design decisions (like merging all armor types into one).
There are not more builds why do you keep repeating this lie. Even casuals complain that sorc is forced into slotting 4 defensive skills at end game content and Barb into 3 shout setup for example.

The skills in D4 are D3 skill runes being put into a tree, but they are still mostly the same. This game has nothing in common with D2 except visuals.

Daemongar

Arcane
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire
I don't have any friends. Don't need none either. Friends just drag you down in life. I'm a true loner, like Clint Eastwood in the Man With No Name trilogy. Diablo 4 is sort of like a friend I guess. Always borrowing money and never paying me back. But it's always there for me, except when I get disconnected or the servers are down.
You've got a friend better than Diablo 4. Your best friend, and yes, its obvious this friend is dragging you down.

KIss My Ass

Patron
Dumbfuck Shitposter
Codex+ Now Streaming!
It's actually more complex in many ways than Diablo 2.

There are more builds, more skills, more shit to invest points into and customize, more shit to do, more stuff to mess around with.

Obviously it's also far better graphically, physics-wise, etc.

Where it's worse than Diablo 2 is atmosphere, MMO type shit, and some design decisions (like merging all armor types into one).
There are not more builds why do you keep repeating this lie. Even casuals complain that sorc is forced into slotting 4 defensive skills at end game content and Barb into 3 shout setup for example.

The skills in D4 are D3 skill runes being put into a tree, but they are still mostly the same. This game has nothing in common with D2 except visuals.

Bigger tree + more skills + paragon board + item customization with aspects/affix = more character building depth. It's basic math. And a build doesn't have to be perfectly viable to count as a build. You're getting into gay e-sport shit. That can just die in a fire.

And I repeat, there is fuckall to do in late game D2. D4 has alot more there. Maybe not as much as it should but it will grow over time, same as D3 did.

KIss My Ass

Patron
Dumbfuck Shitposter
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Oh and if we want to continue making comparisons D3 was a very shitty game at launch. It took years for that thing to become remotely acceptable. D4 is good right out of the gate, and it will only get better. Nu Blizzard has been unusually competent with this title.

Saravan

Savant
Bigger tree and more skills when it’s almost 1:1 copy of D3 skill runes. Nobody gives a shit about build diversity 5 levels after campaign you delusional tool.

Saravan

Savant
Bigger tree and more skills when it’s almost 1:1 copy of D3 skill runes. Nobody gives a shit about build diversity 5 levels after campaign you delusional tool.
You only played the beta. Admit it bitch. I'm calling you out.
Uh yes? I have said that like 15 times what is there to admit, that you are a retard? You have barely played past campaign so what is your point.

abija

Prophet
The reality of hard content, D2 just didn't have anything remotely close.

Saravan

Savant
Just Barb had frenzy, werewolf, WW, singer, zerker at the top of my head. That’s already 2 more than D4 and they were vastly different from each other unlike in D4 where every build needs 3 shouts to sustain resource. Stop making shit up please.

Yosharian

Arcane
Just Barb had frenzy, werewolf, WW, singer, zerker at the top of my head. That’s already 2 more than D4 and they were vastly different from each other unlike in D4 where every build needs 3 shouts to sustain resource. Stop making shit up please.
Were all those builds viable on release?

Saravan

Savant
Were all those builds viable on release?
First of all nobody made that claim and if you can’t improve upon two iterations of the game at release you have failed pretty hard. It’s also very concerning that the fundamentals are based on D3 in both skills and itemisation.

KIss My Ass

Patron
Dumbfuck Shitposter
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Uh yes? I have said that like 15 times what is there to admit, that you are a retard? You have barely played past campaign so what is your point.
So you experienced less than 5% of the game. In fact you haven't seen any of it. Beta was the first part of a tutorial. Shut your cocksucker. You have no idea what you're talking about.

Saravan

Savant
So you experienced less than 5% of the game. In fact you haven't seen any of it. Beta was the first part of a tutorial. Shut your cocksucker. You have no idea what you're talking about.
Again it’s possible to learn about everything the game has to offer through watching gameplay vids, reading about items affixes, looking at skills and D4 builder etc if you have ARPG experience. All beta gave me was the feel for moment to moment combat. Not going to pay for a game I can clearly see is copying way too much from D3 which I hated.

If we are going to play this game then you can’t say shit about end game until I see a screenshot of you at +lvl 70 clearing higher tier NMDs at WTR4. You talking about build diversity is worthless when you barely passed the post-campaign mark.

Vic

Savant
Undisputed Queen of Faggotry Bethestard
most people are casuals they like D4 because of the graphics, atmosphere and build variety during leveling.

ArchAngel

Arcane
Big 4 day weekend coming up! I'm going to attempt to play for 96 hours straight. I need to reach endgame. Gonna need a couple coolers full of beer, possibly some drugs like speed to stay awake and a bucket to piss and shit in. I'm going full hardcore gamer starting tomorrow night.
I could see staying up with friends, playing the game, getting drunk and *defecating* in a normal bathroom and/or peeing off a balcony. But is this the way you want your parents to find your corpse? Alone, ass stuck in a bucket, dead for a week, computer on, with an uncleared search history?
Can you imagine, if you had friends you would have to share your beer with them! The HORROR!!

KIss My Ass

Patron
Dumbfuck Shitposter
Codex+ Now Streaming!
I can't replace this lvl 56 staff XD

I found like 4 or 5 sacred staffs that all out level it and they all fall very very very short. It's hilarious at this point. I've wasted so many resources and gold on higher lvl staffs trying to replace this beast and not a single one comes close.

KIss My Ass

Patron
Dumbfuck Shitposter
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Can you imagine, if you had friends you would have to share your beer with them! The HORROR!!
It's not so much that. It's more that I would have to nerf myself in the social drinking, like hard. I get bored drinking socially because if I drank at my regular speed they would all think I'm nuts, and they would also get more fucked up than me even though they are drinking weaker shit and also drinking much slower. And I hate being around other drunk people. I can't stand being around them. They feel like they have to get close to your face to speak to you and they get touchy. Not gay touchy, more like overly friendly touchy, and I don't like being touched and have a short fuse. It's only okay if it's a decent looking drunk girl, then I'm okay with it.

Grauken

Gourd vibes only
Patron
It's not so much that. It's more that I would have to nerf myself in the social drinking, like hard. I get bored drinking socially because if I drank at my regular speed they would all think I'm nuts, and they would also get more fucked up than me even though they are drinking weaker shit and also drinking much slower. I hate other drunks. I can't stand being around them.
Weird flex

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom