Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Diablo IV

Skinwalker

*teleports inside you*
Patron
Village Idiot
One thing I discovered is that the time of day inside the game is tied to real time. Every hour of real time it switches from day to night or vice versa, although you have to reload the overworld map by fast travel/exiting a dungeon/logging in and out to see the change.

Kind of a weird way to do it, but it's yet another consequence of the game not having an offline mode. I would have preferred if you could change the time in-game at the inn or whatever, as the visuals are really nice, and it's best to see them during daytime.

Zeriel

Arcane
I officially passed the $100 mark in purchased shop items. I didn't feel bad about it until I realized the chest piece from the new set I bought didn't mix as well as I'd hoped with the other cosmetics I've been using. It's a bummer. I kind of want to die. But on the bright side I still have 1800 platimum points to spend. Don't drink and play games like this. My advice to everybody.

You are a perfect example of why this hobby is dead. They lured you in with nostalgia and FOMO, waited for you to get drunk, and then set the hook. There are guys like you spending thousands of dollars on these 'cosmetics', and it only takes a few of you to wreck the entire hobby for the rest of us. I'm not blaming you, because I know you can't help it. I just think it's really sad for all involved.

Thing that baffles me here is D4 cosmetics aren't even good. There are games that do a really good job of making cosmetics so amazing looking even the skeptical feel conned into buying them. But... that sure aren't D4, they all look hideous.

I guess for some people if something is available to buy, they'll just buy it. No matter what it is.

NecroLord

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
I officially passed the $100 mark in purchased shop items. I didn't feel bad about it until I realized the chest piece from the new set I bought didn't mix as well as I'd hoped with the other cosmetics I've been using. It's a bummer. I kind of want to die. But on the bright side I still have 1800 platimum points to spend. Don't drink and play games like this. My advice to everybody.

You are a perfect example of why this hobby is dead. They lured you in with nostalgia and FOMO, waited for you to get drunk, and then set the hook. There are guys like you spending thousands of dollars on these 'cosmetics', and it only takes a few of you to wreck the entire hobby for the rest of us. I'm not blaming you, because I know you can't help it. I just think it's really sad for all involved.
Hey, man, at least he's not wasting his cash on hookers and crack, you know what I'm sayin'?

KIss My Ass

Patron
Dumbfuck Shitposter
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Big 4 day weekend coming up! I'm going to attempt to play for 96 hours straight. I need to reach endgame. Gonna need a couple coolers full of beer, possibly some drugs like speed to stay awake and a bucket to piss and shit in. I'm going full hardcore gamer starting tomorrow night.

Fedora Master

STOP POSTING
Patron
Edgy
You need help.
That ship sailed long ago.

Zlaja

Arcane
For SDG and some others who aren't paying enough attention: you can turn off your char's annoying sound messages when they don't have enough resource to use their core skill, by going to "sounds" and scrolling all the way down.

It's actually more complex in many ways than Diablo 2.

There are more builds, more skills, more shit to invest points into and customize, more shit to do, more stuff to mess around with.

Obviously it's also far better graphically, physics-wise, etc.

Where it's worse than Diablo 2 is atmosphere, MMO type shit, and some design decisions (like merging all armor types into one).

KIss My Ass

Patron
Dumbfuck Shitposter
Codex+ Now Streaming!
It's actually more complex in many ways than Diablo 2.

There are more builds, more skills, more shit to invest points into and customize, more shit to do, more stuff to mess around with.

Obviously it's also far better graphically, physics-wise, etc.

Where it's worse than Diablo 2 is atmosphere, MMO type shit, and some design decisions (like merging all armor types into one).
strike-strike_memes.gif

It would take some real mental gymnastics to try and explain how D2 is more complex. The argument just ain't there. D4 also has like a hundred more late game activities. D2 had Baal runs and...

Gotta disagree with the atmosphere though. I think it's similar enough to D2.

Zlaja

Arcane
Where it's worse than Diablo 2 is atmosphere

I don't agree here. Atmosphere wise D4 is pretty good (despite seeing other players running around at times), and let's also not forget that D2 was a big step down from the amazing atmosphere of D1.

Where D2 does shine though is itemization. Its unique type of gear had more identity (fixed stats), than the rather generic higher tier loot of D4.

Daemongar

Arcane
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire
Big 4 day weekend coming up! I'm going to attempt to play for 96 hours straight. I need to reach endgame. Gonna need a couple coolers full of beer, possibly some drugs like speed to stay awake and a bucket to piss and shit in. I'm going full hardcore gamer starting tomorrow night.
I could see staying up with friends, playing the game, getting drunk and *defecating* in a normal bathroom and/or peeing off a balcony. But is this the way you want your parents to find your corpse? Alone, ass stuck in a bucket, dead for a week, computer on, with an uncleared search history?

Vic

Savant
Undisputed Queen of Faggotry Bethestard
I could see staying up with friends, playing the game, getting drunk and *defecating* in a normal bathroom and/or peeing off a balcony. But is this the way you want your parents to find your corpse? Alone, ass stuck in a bucket, dead for a week, computer on, with an uncleared search history?
what a better way to go for a true gamer?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom