Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Diablo IV

Wilian

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
My brain wanders off in different directions.
Thats just first symptoms of alcohol poisoning.

Skinwalker

*teleports into you*
Patron
Village Idiot
If you're playing as a male Rogue you're doing it wrong. You're basically writing fan fiction. Gay fan fiction. You're commiting the same crimes as the people who made that all-female Ghostbusters remake. Fucking treason.
If you're playing a female anything, you're a tranny.

KIss My Ass

Patron
Dumbfuck Shitposter
Codex+ Now Streaming!
If you're playing as a male Rogue you're doing it wrong. You're basically writing fan fiction. Gay fan fiction. You're commiting the same crimes as the people who made that all-female Ghostbusters remake. Fucking treason.
I know our hatred for Crispy defaults us as allies, but careful what you say. Certain things cannot be unsaid and you are walking the tight rope my friend.

KIss My Ass

Patron
Dumbfuck Shitposter
Codex+ Now Streaming!
That's why SDG hedges his bets and only plays men or men dressed as women.
This debate is old. I play as women because I enjoy seeing tits and ass. It's the most ungay way to live life as a gamer. And D4 features almost zero gender confusion. There's only dicks and pussies. The only outlier is the female Necro which I have no argument for. That is 100% a transgender.

KIss My Ass

Patron
Dumbfuck Shitposter
Codex+ Now Streaming!
You're commiting the same crimes as the people who made that all-female Ghostbusters remake.
You're only reinforcing my point that having female protagonists is a crime.
Then why tf are you playing D4? Diablo has had female protagonists since the beginning of time. By giving male options for the Rogue and Sorc Blizzard are shamelessly dick washing.

KIss My Ass

Patron
Dumbfuck Shitposter
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Then why tf are you playing D4? Diablo has had female protagonists since the beginning of time.
It's also had male protagonists since the beginning of time. That's the ones I always picked. Duh.
No shit sherlock. I think gender options in Diablo were a mistake. Rogue and Sorc should always be female, Barb and Necro should always be male, etc etc

Skinwalker

*teleports into you*
Patron
Village Idiot
I play as women because I enjoy seeing tits and ass.
But the protagonist in a video game isn't someone you ogle, it's your alter-ego. It's a representation of yourself in an alternate world.

For my alter-ego, I want the same things I want/have for myself in real life: strong muscles, decent but not overly pretty facial appearance, etc.

For your alter-ego, SDG, you apparently want tits and ass. This is very concerning.

Last edited:

KIss My Ass

Patron
Dumbfuck Shitposter
Codex+ Now Streaming!
I play as women because I enjoy seeing tits and ass.
But the protagonist isn't someone you ogle in a video game
Are you fucking new to this hobby?

it's your alter-ego. It's a representation of yourself in an alternate world
Now that is weird to me. Whenever I take part in some artform, be it games or movies, I never try to envision myself as the protagonist. I'm sure there are cases where I do unintentionally (actually I'm well aware of some cases) but I never go into a game with the mindset that I'M literally the protagonist.

Skinwalker

*teleports into you*
Patron
Village Idiot
Whenever I take part in some artform, be it games or movies, I never try to envision myself as the protagonist.
You don't need to try, it's the implicit and inherent premise of the concept of a video game protagonist, and you're doing it whether you realize it or not. Movies are different, since you're only passively watching a fixed set of scenes unfold, and not actively moving/acting as a particular person in the setting.

But the protagonist in a video game isn't someone you ogle, it's your alter-ego. It's a representation of yourself in an alternate world.

I'm not a biologist or anything, but I'm pretty sure I'm not Lara Croft.
And this is not a woman, but it still insists on being called "Rachel, she/her".

OIP.awXzsAeHDqIhJvNsUkjOjAHaGw

mediocrepoet

Philosoraptor in Residence
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex+ Now Streaming! MCA Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
And this is not a woman, but it still insists on being called "Rachel, she/her".

"Richard Levine has severe emotional and psychological issues therefore you want to be 2B."

QSwPR5lwOwq6.840x0.Vdef9Kkm.jpg
Liberal never developed the normal self awareness that people normally experience during infancy. As far as he's concerned, everything he interacts with is himself. Tragic, really.

Skinwalker

*teleports into you*
Patron
Village Idiot
"Richard Levine has severe emotional and psychological issues therefore you want to be 2B."
The point is that not being a woman in real life does not prevent some men from developing delusions of being one nonetheless. In other words, trannies exist, in violation of basic biological observations.

My contention is that playing as a female in a video game is little different than slathering on mascara, putting on a wig and a push-up bra, and asking people to call you "Amanda Dessert" as you twist your fishnet-stockinged legs around a stripper pole.

You are projecting yourself into a female alter-ego. That's tranny-adjacent.

Skinwalker

*teleports into you*
Patron
Village Idiot
"I only dress-up like a drag queen because of how much I heterosexually enjoy looking at boobs and butts! It's not because I'm a tranny, or anything!! A MALE PREFERRING TO LOOK LIKE A MALE JUST MEANS HE SECRETLY WANTS GAY SEX!!!"

FvG5fPdaMAEuiHb.jpg

"I only dress-up like a drag queen because of how much I heterosexually enjoy looking at boobs and butts! It's not because I'm a tranny, or anything!! A MALE PREFERRING TO LOOK LIKE A MALE JUST MEANS HE SECRETLY WANTS GAY SEX!!!"

FvG5fPdaMAEuiHb.jpg
Agreed, time to post cute bois
RERV_Naked_Leon_pic_22.jpg
Well, that's what this thread is about. To talk shit about the game and to post pics of ella freya nick apostolides
MV5BYzkzMDQ4MDEtMjE4OC00YjBmLWE1YTAtZDRjMzVkNzdjMGY3XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMjQwMDg0Ng@@._V1_.jpg
Something you want to share with the class Liberal?

KIss My Ass

Patron
Dumbfuck Shitposter
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Whenever I take part in some artform, be it games or movies, I never try to envision myself as the protagonist.
You don't need to try, it's the implicit and inherent premise of the concept of a video game protagonist, and you're doing it whether you realize it or not. Movies are different, since you're only passively watching a fixed set of scenes unfold, and not actively moving/acting as a particular person in the setting.

Nah, you're out of touch with reality, AGAIN. Movies are the only time I catch myself empathizing with the protagonist to the point that it becomes an 'alter ego' as you say. And these are very specific rare cases. Typically films dealing with alcoholism. The Spectacular Now is the biggest example I can think of. There are too many similarities between me and the protagonist (develops alcoholism at young age, has daddy issues, has similar relationship with mother, etc) that it's nearly impossible for me to not see myself as the protagonist. But that is a very rare case, and it never happens in video games, not with me.

Edit

This post made me go back and rewatch the trailer for that film and I cannot stop laughing at how they tried to make it look like a feel-good coming of age story XD. That movie is depressing af

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom