Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Diablo IV

KIss My Ass

Patron
Dumbfuck Shitposter
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Not if they watch gameplay from SDG.
Not sure if this is supposed to be a compliment or an insult. I'm crushing Strongholds in WT3 with abysmal gear right now. Almost none of my gear is fully upgraded and I have yet to socket or import aspects into most of it. Been too short on resources.

abija

Prophet
The 20 paragon points from renown are given to all chars on that realm. No other paragon points carry.

Skinwalker

*teleports between you*
Patron
Village Idiot
WT4 is rapidly becoming a cakewalk. Bosses are very easy, elites have become not much of an issue most of the time, only VERY large groups of mobs with several elites now pose a danger to me, and these can be kited fairly easily. I imagine by the time I finally make it to level 70 it will be just as easy as WT3 was when I got tired of it.

It's satisfying to see leveling and equipment upgrades have such a noticeable impact on the character's power, but I doubt I'll keep playing for much longer. Maybe wrap up all the sidequests and attempt the final capstone dungeon.

KIss My Ass

Patron
Dumbfuck Shitposter
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Yeah I doubt I'll keep playing after I'm done with S1. The other characters just seem boring compared to the Rogue. I might mess around with the Sorc some more if she ever becomes viable. But there are going to have to be massive changes made to keep me playing long term. I mean like expansion sized changes.

spectre

Arcane
In case you missed it, you're not getting paragon points in seasonal content because only the renown from exploration and lilith altars carries over. That's enough for first tier skill points and second tier potions,
the rest needs to be done again - waypoints, quests, strongholds and dungeons. Bliztards really dropped the ball here. Nobody wants to do this shit once again. Especially not the aspect dungeons.

abija

Prophet
Yeah I doubt I'll keep playing after I'm done with S1. The other characters just seem boring compared to the Rogue. I might mess around with the Sorc some more if she ever becomes viable. But there are going to have to be massive changes made to keep me playing long term. I mean like expansion sized changes.
Sorc is stronger than your rogue and getting buffs soon.

I saw a level 100 capstone dungeon somewhere on the map, when I entered WT4.
Yeah, that's Lilith and she's a bit rough.

ArchAngel

Arcane
Not if they watch gameplay from SDG.
Not sure if this is supposed to be a compliment or an insult. I'm crushing Strongholds in WT3 with abysmal gear right now. Almost none of my gear is fully upgraded and I have yet to socket or import aspects into most of it. Been too short on resources.
So you finally lucked out into a good build in arpg for casuals. I guess even a broken clock is right twice a day.

KIss My Ass

Patron
Dumbfuck Shitposter
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Sorc is stronger than your rogue
Hm, I never took you for a liar. You're full of shit. The entire D4 community will take my side on that.

Zlaja

Arcane
WT4 is rapidly becoming a cakewalk

Do high tier ancestral nightmare dungeons if you need more challenge. And you could also try a new class.

The other characters just seem boring compared to the Rogue

Bullshit. How the hell are Barbarian and Necro boring? If anything is boring it's the lame ass armor design for the Rogue (the ugliest class armor-wise).

Yeah, that's Lilith and she's a bit rough.
You mean the final boss is rough, or the entire dungeon?

The dungeon where you fight Echo of Lilith only has here in there. And there's no guarantee that you'll be able to beat her even with 95+ char. She does insane damage.

Skinwalker

*teleports between you*
Patron
Village Idiot
Do high tier nightmare dungeons if you need more challenge.
I have a few of them, but haven't unlocked the ability to craft higher tier ones yet. I assumed it unlocks at level 70 at the occultist?

And you could also try a new class.
If I cuck out and do the seasonal bullshit with a new char, is there at least an option to skip not only the campaign but also the side stuff, and go straight to the new content? Really don't feel like redoing the same sidequests/dungeons all over again.

KIss My Ass

Patron
Dumbfuck Shitposter
Codex+ Now Streaming!
The other characters just seem boring compared to the Rogue
Bullshit. How the hell are Barbarian and Necro boring? If anything is boring it's the lame ass armor design for the Rogue (the ugliest class armor-wise).

They are the same as they've always been. If you played as them in D2 then you already know how they play in 3 & 4.

Also my Rogue's armor looks dope and I didn't pay for any of it.

Zlaja

Arcane
If I cuck out and do the seasonal bullshit with a new char, is there at least an option to skip not only the campaign but also the side stuff, and go straight to the new content? Really don't feel like redoing the same sidequests/dungeons all over again

You will have to do SOME of the stuff again, but it's not that bad. From the get go you will have enough to grab the first 2 rewards from all regions. They also raised the renown you get per sidequest from 20 to 30 and dungeons from 30 to 40. So, you will be able to get all 5 rewards from each region by doing around 3 strongholds + 30-40% sidequests + 30-40% dungeons, per region.

Grampy_Bone

Arcane
Wandering the world randomly in search of maps
I assumed it unlocks at level 70 at the occultist?
I think I got it at 60? Check your quests. NMD are the only high level content worth doing since they nerfed all the other leveling options + it levels up your glyphs. Glyph levels affect the underlying bonuses (e.g. increase damage to chilled targets per 5 intelligence), not just boost the radius, so it's worth it.

How the hell are Barbarian and Necro boring?
Barb is p. fun as long as you don't use Whirlwind, the most boringest move ever. No spinning meat ballerina for me.

I found Necro has a rather minimal active moveset, and is the most single-skill spam class in the game. Effective, though, for sure.

KIss My Ass

Patron
Dumbfuck Shitposter
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Rogue in D4 is the fucking GOAT Diablo class. And I don't think it's a coincidence that she's the only class from the OG Diablo to return as a playable character. Blizzard knew they had to make her special and by god they did.

spectre

Arcane
If anything is boring it's the lame ass armor design for the Rogue (the ugliest class armor-wise).
I think Druid takes the cake on this one, although somewhat redeemed by the head armor transmog you get from PvP which looks like a hannibal lecter mask.

Speaking of design, I actually laughed out loud when I saw one of the bow models looking like an unstrung mongol bow.
Also, if you look closely at the chainmail on some armor sets, it looks like corrugated plate they use in industrial installations.

How the hell are Barbarian and Necro boring?
Barb is p. fun as long as you don't use Whirlwind, the most boringest move ever. No spinning meat ballerina for me.

I found Necro has a rather minimal active moveset, and is the most single-skill spam class in the game. Effective, though, for sure.
I always roll my eyes on the whirlwind. In all the fucking games it looks like they're trying to do a hammer throw without ever letting go.
Barbarian didn't click with me and is still on my todo list as a class with lowest level.

Yeah, with Necro you tend to spam corpse explosion a lot if you use it, but the preferred approach seems to be to hoard mana and unleash a single, powerful attack every now and then.
I don't particularly like minions and curses, because of the extreme visual clutter they produce. It's really hard to see whatever the fuck is going on.

I actually started the season with a fresh necro, could be an early game impression, but the skills are mostly - same shit, different damage type,
with only a few of them standing out (reap for basic skills and bone spear for core). And then, there's just a whole lot of nothing until you reach Corpse Tendrils.
Normally not a problem if you're focusing on summons, but becomes glaring if you sacrifice them from the start.

Also, golems look like ass, there I said it. They should release some cosmetics for them and would probably make millions.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom