Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Disco Elysium Pre-Release Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

Prime Junta

Centrists

Falls under "liberals."

Wait... What happened to the Pale's advance and the end of the world being a simple and unchanging fact of the setting? Has Kurvitz decided to give this world more time after all?

Could this note jotted on a piece of paper stuck on the wall of the Tallinn studio provide a hint?

15502.jpg

lobsterfrogman

Scholar
This might have been answered before, so apologies, but at what time exactly does this game release on the 15th steam, GOG etc. ? I'm talking Central European Time (CET)?

I'm asking, 'cause I'm trying to talk my boss into letting me "work from home" on tuesday.. if you know what I mean ;)

If I remember correctly the standard release time is 7 pm, so you might be better off talking your boss into letting you work from home on Wednesday.

The Real Fanboy
So far the game seems to be doing OK in its mission to offend everybody. At last count:

- liberals, because it has "faggot" and race theory in it
- freeze peachers, because "faggot" -> "f****t"
- fash, because the race theory asserts the supremacy of haplogroup E1b1b rather than R1
- feminists, because "Inexplicable Feminist Agenda" is clearly problematic
- capitalists, because they're commies
- commies, because they're financed by a capitalist swine of the first order <--- yeah this fucking stung, although I shut up about it like a man, oh wait I'm grumbling about it now
* RPG fans, because no tactical combat
* Adventure game fans, because you can fail

Who's left?

Edit: Added RPG fans and adventure game fans, as per Jenkem's suggestion
Girls because you have to play as a gross drunk dude

Wunderbar

Arcane
So far the game seems to be doing OK in its mission to offend everybody. At last count:

- fash, because the race theory asserts the supremacy of haplogroup E1b1b rather than R1
- commies, because they're financed by a capitalist swine of the first order <--- yeah this fucking stung, although I shut up about it like a man, oh wait I'm grumbling about it now

Who's left?

add lukaszek because of non-deterministic statchecks

luinthoron

Learned

Who's left?

Also:

Guys because you have to play as a gross drunk dude

I do actually know some who always play as a female character because that's what they prefer to look at.

IHaveHugeNick

Arcane
Wow this discussion went places.

Try this on for size: it wasn’t bleeped out, they showed it to people, they got spooked and told them in no uncertain terms that if they don’t bleep it out, no high-profile streamer is going to play it.

1. Risk losing the only mass-market mechanism you can afford and face bankruptcy, depression, alcoholism, and eventually waking up in a trashed hotel room in your underwear and the mother of all hangovers?

2. Make a small concession to liberal sensitivities without changing the substance or content of the game - which was written, feature complete, partly voiced, and playable from start to finish at this time?

Tough choice — not being ironic here, it must have been a tough choice — and one I wish they hadn’t made, but you gotta cut them some slack.

They could have rewritten the dialogue to just not have the Bad Word like everybody else does and none of you snowflakes would have noticed. Leaving it in but bleeped out is a middle finger to the sensibilities it ostensibly protects.

In a perfect world they wouldn’t have done it. This world is not perfect.

bmJ3Euw.png

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.

Who's left?

i am a gross drunk dude and play as a cute girls constantly, you should be able to do the same

just

Liturgist
so popular streamers are playing the game but you can't buy it, can't preorder it and nobody knows how much it costs
main char in charge of marketing before he passed out drunk

Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In
(for those unfamiliar, the equivalent of "faggot" in post-soviet countries, or at least in Russian-speaking ones, is a variant of "pederast" - the implication being that homosexuals practice pedophilia - which I think carries with it way more harmful baggage than "faggot")
But there is, in fact, a very strong correlation. A leftard mistaking their ignorance for sophistication, what else is new?

ZVERMIX

Learned
Patron
Insert Title Here My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
I doubt developers suicidal enough to price it 40$ in CIS.
Steam and GOG have regional pricing for CIS. For example, in Russia games usually cost from -40% to -70% of the dollar equivalent.
Russians gonna pirate it anyway, so why not make them feel they're getting good value for their larceny?
Can't be bothered to find the source, but I'm pretty sure Russia is second to USA in # of games sold on Steam. Regional pricing helped combat Russian PC piracy a lot.

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
so popular streamers are playing the game but you can't buy it, can't preorder it and nobody knows how much it costs
main char in charge of marketing before he passed out drunk
"members of the media got to enjoy a promotional material first" have been happening since mass media is a thing

they have said the price will be $40 altho it is unclear what the regional variation will be, but you can always check steamdb for steam regional pricing default rates, assuming they just use the default rate

Quillon

Arcane

Who's left?

i am a gross drunk dude and play as a cute girls constantly, you should be able to do the same

Gross drunk dude model doesn't look flexible enough for high physique/motorics score tho. I wouldn't be able suspend my disbelief with such stats assigned to him.

He doesn't look particularly intelligent either :P but you never know.

Haba

Harbinger of Decline
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
"Pile of Eternite", "Night City"

I WONDER WHAT THOSE REFERENCES COULD BE.

Anyone tried cheating their way through of some of the early game impossible checks? Can they actually be passed?

Prime Junta

Just rolled boxcars on one of them as a matter of fact, no cheating or savescumming. :M

the mole

Learned
Shitposter
"Pile of Eternite", "Night City"

I WONDER WHAT THOSE REFERENCES COULD BE.

Anyone tried cheating their way through of some of the early game impossible checks? Can they actually be passed?
i dont think any of them are impossible, you would just need to max a skill

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom