Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline Disco Elysium - The Final Cut - a hardboiled cop show isometric RPG

Bester

⚰️☠️⚱️
Patron
Vatnik
I'm on Day 3. Got a question.

The shooting most likely happened from "a roof" they say. But of what building? I didn't understand.

The roof of the building where the book shop is?

It's weird, cause there's no way to get on that roof.
cfa3a9352be5f6b8e5c264173928f93b.jpg

Prime Junta

The shooting most likely happened from "a roof" they say. But of what building? I didn't understand.

The same building. Aka from the balcony/roof.
Like, from just outside the window? How could she not see the shooter then? I don't understand.

It was dark outside, lights were on inside, window was grimy.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Great job evading the actual point; being DE is not in any way, shape or form pushing the RPG genre forward. Nice job maxing that dodge.
It does push the genre forward, by demonstrating that an aspect of RPGs everybody used to compromise on because "it can't work in a videogame" can actually work in a videogame.

Van-d-all

Erudite
Standin' pretty. In this dust that was a city.

Like, from just outside the window? How could she not see the shooter then? I don't understand.

That explanation was major bullshit, though. Especially since supposedly no one heard the gunshot, which is ridiculous given even .22 produces over 140dB.

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
Larian left a short praise on Steam using its publisher account: https://store.steampowered.com/app/632470/Disco_Elysium/?curator_clanid=6879350

"Disco Elysium is a game after our own hearts. As fans of massive, sprawling table-top adventures ourselves, we’re hard-pressed to think of a more interesting adaptation of the table-top RPG genre."

This is the only review on Larian's Steam page.

I suspect this is driven by Larian's publishing director, who has a suspicious agenda for Disco.

Luckmann

Arcane
Zionist Agent

I'm going to not spoiler this, because it's a general observation that has weirded me out, and it's only spoiler-y if you've read the preceding spoilers anyway.

Several times in the game (at least three), I've noticed that the game makes references to "dark outside, light inside" somehow making it hard to see through windows from the inside to the outside. This is super-weird to me, because in my experience, this is never really an issue if you're actually close to the window, because ambient lighting is more than enough to diffuse any issues of reflection unless the difference is huge, and if the difference is huge, you'll still have light from the window itself spilling out onto potential window sills, back yards, and balconies, taking care of the would-be issue.

In my life, only the opposite - looking in from a street with shadowy lighting into a completely dark room, through a window - has ever been an issue.

Are they using some kind of low-grade communist glass in Estonia, or are the streets much darker, does the sky literally swallow light pollution, or what? Because it's weird, and in the game you can't question it when it comes up, it's just treated as some kind of acceptable normal.

That explanation was major bullshit, though. Especially since supposedly no one heard the gunshot, which is ridiculous given even .22 produces over 140dB.
Maybe it's a skill issue, but it was strange to me that this didn't come up as an issue to question her on, because it's an obvious problem. Also, it's also weird to me that the idea of a suppressor is never raised. Again, could be a skill issue, but I think it's too obvious to warrant one. A suppressed .22 would be unlikely to be heard as a gunshot, especially all the way to the cafeteria, especially if they were listening to music.

At best it'd echo in the yard as a metallic thud, but it could've been anything, like a trash compactor slamming shut.

When I caught up with Ruby, it annoyed me that she used the sound as a defense, because I as a person had thought about it several times, but both Harry and Kim treated it as some kind of fucking revelation.

Last edited:

Van-d-all

Erudite
Maybe it's a skill issue, but it was strange to me that this didn't come up as an issue to question her on, because it's an obvious problem. Also, it's also weird to me that the idea of a suppressor is never raised. Again, could be a skill issue, but I think it's too obvious to warrant one. A suppressed .22 would be unlikely to be heard as a gunshot, especially all the way to the cafeteria, especially if they were listening to music.

At best it'd echo in the yard as a metallic thud, but it could've been anything, like a trash compactor slamming shut.

When I caught up with Ruby, it annoyed me that she used the sound as a defense, because I as a person had thought about it several times, but both Harry and Kim treated it as some kind of fucking revelation.
Actually the sound and various discrepancies are mentioned in both Klaasje talk, Titus convincing and there's even a separate Volition orb about pieces not fitting together, if you have adequate skills, Volition mostly. As for suppressors, they are simply above Ravachol technological level, given it's been fired from an ancient rifle, don't remember the exact description, but Kim's gun is a front loader for example.

Binky

Cipher
God, I love the animations in this game. Punching kids, spin-kicking goliaths, breaking down doors, jumping, femme fatale ass shaking, shooting, lifting weights, kicking inanimate objects,...
My favorite: flying through the air while double bird-flipping the waiter cafeteria manager. Shame there aren't more of them, but eh, I'll take what I can get.

Van-d-all

Erudite
God, I love the animations in this game. Punching kids, spin-kicking goliaths, breaking down doors, jumping, femme fatale ass shaking, shooting, lifting weights, kicking inanimate objects,...
My favorite: flying through the air while double bird-flipping the waiter cafeteria manager. Shame there aren't more of them, but eh, I'll take what I can get.
Throwing that petanque ball into the sea has Olympic grade animation if you pass the test.

IHaveHugeNick

Arcane
Guys, I have a friend that I demanded buy this game, and he loves it, but seems to be stuck in an endgame bug, any help would be appreciated

In his words:

1) I finish getting the Deserter to confess.
2) I tell him I'm under arrest.
3) This triggers the Phasmid to show up.

And then, he tries to start talking to the Phasmid. But before he can actually talk to it, there's an electrochemistry check.

It was a 10 check with bonuses for me because of talking to Lena and the pheromones. Apparently, for him, it's a 20 check, and actually impossible (rolling a 21 still fails).

Afterwards, you can't leave the conversation, "Retreat slowly. [Leave]" doesn't work. You are stuck in convo.\

Failing check just leads you to a dead-end of four options (like "Yell No!") but with no leave option or way to progress.

Any clues?

(Edited again to clarify exact case)

Seems like a bug. I yelled No! in the same situation and it ended the conversation.

AwesomeButton

Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
I'd like to inform you that after getting to know her, I feel strangely attracted to Joyce L. Messier, both intellectually and sexually.
You all laughed, but yesterday I did get a dialogue line where I offered her to fuck (that was the exact word used).

It was exciting in its own right, but I think she refused diplomatically. I wonder if there is a character build that has the right moves for her.

Verylittlefishes

Sacro Bosco
Patron
You all laughed, but yesterday I did get a dialogue line where I offered her to fuck (that was the exact word used).

Do you have to be Sensitive type for this option to appear? (( I also liked her, but no such offers.

AwesomeButton

Patron

Do you have to be Sensitive type for this option to appear? (( I also liked her, but no such offers.
Have you gotten to ask her "What are you?", it's a question in the "I need a reality lowdown" branch.

Verylittlefishes

Sacro Bosco
Patron

Have you gotten to ask her "What are you?", it's a question in the "I need a reality lowdown" branch.

Yeah, but she replied, like, "its not a part of reality that you need".

AwesomeButton

Patron
Yeah, but she replied, like, "its not a part of reality that you need".
I don't know then. May be related to your ideological leanings. I am Communist 3 / Fascist 3 / Ultraliberal 7 / Moralist 10. Also Good cop/bad cop: 21 (whatever that means) / Honour: 2

AwesomeButton

Patron
I thought so too, but when I asked, her answer came without any passive check on any skill. Also, the question "What are you?" is not directly related to talking about sex, talking about sex is just one of the options after you ask the question.

TT1

Arcane
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
Disco Elysium, Long Dark episode 3, Outer Worlds... Q4 is getting very busy. I dont think I will manage to live my life AND play games.

:yeah:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom