Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline Disco Elysium - The Final Cut - a hardboiled cop show isometric RPG

Prime Junta

A patch just dropped btw.

Verylittlefishes

Sacro Bosco
Patron
This is the calculus that gnostic objectivetards use to establish the metadaemonic rankings of vidya:

GALI--gOLRO5LtkPRUKtzNf4IuJjjIQj5C3U6I--5fE.jpg

EDIT: According to this soulwheel, yes, ELEX is objectively the best CRPG of all time.

Why there is still no RPG about historical Gnosticism? Could be a gold mine.

Kasparov

OH/NO
Developer
Which game is objectively better, BG, Fallout or Torment?

PS:T is best at writing, Fallout best at C&C and interactivity, BG is best at exploration, combat and charm.
I enjoyed Torment and Fallout for their mood and depth. In a way they have the same formula: turn established tropes on their head and do it well. The attention to detail was amazing for both of those games. Great aesthetics. Before artstation copycats turned game art into generic game art.

BG has great inventory art and you can play dressup and minmax to your heart’s desire. Combat was actually fun in that setting. Would play again if I had enough time.

All three had great art and good music to set the mood. The portraits and splash art for BG. A lot of the same guys did art for them. Justin Sweet’s illustration for the Fallout install wizard is the image that got me into art. And I mean, check the crazy silhouettes in Torment! Fallout took generic retro shit and made it Fallout. Brilliant.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Which game is objectively better, BG, Fallout or Torment?

PS:T is best at writing, Fallout best at C&C and interactivity, BG is best at exploration, combat and charm.
I enjoyed Torment and Fallout for their mood and depth. In a way they have the same formula: turn established tropes on their head and do it well. The attention to detail was amazing for both of those games. Great aesthetics. Before artstation copycats turned game art into generic game art.

BG has great inventory art and you can play dressup and minmax to your heart’s desire. Combat was actually fun in that setting. Would play again if I had enough time.

All three had great art and good music to set the mood. The portraits and splash art for BG. A lot of the same guys did art for them. Justin Sweet’s illustration for the Fallout install wizard is the image that got me into art. And I mean, check the crazy silhouettes in Torment! Fallout took generic retro shit and made it Fallout. Brilliant.
Hahahaha you are such an artfag :),haven't read anything similar on the codex.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
I turned down becoming an art cop today. The reply I got from my conceptualization was meant to be a codex motto.

ScrotumBroth

Arcane
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In

For any newfags who only played Fallout 3 and 4, this is the image he's referring to.
vVnSuB.jpg

Damn, I'm too late.

Comte

About the sales, I'll repeat what I said before -- I don't know what ZA/UM are expecting, but I'm sure they know they had zero mainstream advertising apart from a couple of almost-last-minute streamers. There is no way any game can sell in the millions without a massive marketing effort. I think their plan/hope is that the game sells through word of mouth with a long tail.

The numbers as they currently stand are very good for an indie, but they're nowhere near mid-tier mainstream. And once more, whether that's enough or not or how it relates to their plans/hopes/projections I couldn't say.

Fluent was at least responsible for half those sales with his influential youtube channel.

Egosphere

Arcane
50k*$40*0.7 = $1.4 million. That pays for about 14 devs for one year. Eastern Europe is probably a bit cheaper so lets say it pays for their team of 30 for one year. Doesn't really seem good enough...and also shows the limited power of good reviews.

They aren't getting 40 per copy, since pricing is far below that in many countries

About the sales, I'll repeat what I said before -- I don't know what ZA/UM are expecting, but I'm sure they know they had zero mainstream advertising apart from a couple of almost-last-minute streamers. There is no way any game can sell in the millions without a massive marketing effort. I think their plan/hope is that the game sells through word of mouth with a long tail.

The numbers as they currently stand are very good for an indie, but they're nowhere near mid-tier mainstream. And once more, whether that's enough or not or how it relates to their plans/hopes/projections I couldn't say.

But how indie is this project, exactly? It has a team of 20+ people working for years, without including the 'additional' help that is listed in the credits, or the voice acting costs.

Disco has arguably more and better done C&C than AoD

Does it now

This is the calculus that gnostic objectivetards use to establish the metadaemonic rankings of vidya:

quality rankings, no. But it's not hard to take any game and establish the scope of its c&c relative to another. New Vegas has more of it than Icewind Dale, Fallout 2 more than NWN, Arcanum more than Kotor. This isn't a point of contention.

MpuMngwana

Arbiter
So far, not one mom joke. Did Kasparov really have anything to do with this game?
There is at least one. It's when you call your station to report your missing badge.

I think it's when they ask you if you also lost your gun, one of the possible responses is something like "I lost it in your mom last night".

Saduj

Arcane
So far, not one mom joke. Did Kasparov really have anything to do with this game?
There is at least one. It's when you call your station to report your missing badge.

I think it's when they ask you if you also lost your gun, one of the possible responses is something like "I lost it in your mom last night".

Yes, I failed to remember....

What really prompted my post is that so far it doesn’t seem like Harry will have the opportunity to bang Cuno’s mom to prove his heterosexuality to the lad.

Comte

I swear I told them I fucked their mom in the ass. I am playing a tough guy cop.

ScrotumBroth

Arcane
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In

I wonder if that response is tied to a stat/skill, don't remember seeing it.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom