Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline Disco Elysium - The Final Cut - a hardboiled cop show isometric RPG

Goose

Learned
Chinese ban probably has more to do with all the gay stuff in the game, and the black supremacist.

You think they're gonna put up with that shit?

Urthor

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
This signature skill business is going to lead to a helluva lot of regret later in the game isn't it?

Deleted Member 16721

This signature skill business is going to lead to a helluva lot of regret later in the game isn't it?

Nah, you should be fine. You can pretty much raise any skill you want, although you may need drugs to raise the cap for that skill's particular attribute.

ItsChon

Resident Zoomer
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
This game is fucking great, I can already tell. Running,
and using the different clothings to boost some of the important stuff. The big black character was fucking great.
Knocking his ass out in front of his women was good fun. I wish we had the option to fuck her though. Her voice was strangely hot...

v1rus

Arcane
Cant play it yet, but - how terrible would be a full int/psyche build?

Booksmart and emotionally intelligent. Doesn't seem too bad.

Afraid my character will get carried away by the wind blowing, thus gettting the game over screen 2 hours in. :lol:

Wanna role-play an ubermench who fell from his graces, thanks to the good old combo of alcohol, drugs, and depression. Prolly wont be able to drink a beer without fainting ingame, tho. Also, I find something about a cop who cant rise his coffee cup incredibly funny.

Last edited:

conan_edw

Arbiter
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Pathfinder: Wrath
I'm really quite impressed. Dialogue heavy games aren't usually my cup of tea as the writing for some of them are way too pretensions and I've honestly never felt that with this one. It's interesting, on point, and coherent.
Unfortunately, I can't put more than 3 hours a day, can't wait for weekend to binge-playing it.

Deleted Member 16721

Afraid my character will get carried away by the wind blowing, thus gettting the game over screen 2 hours in. :lol:

Wanna role-play an ubermench who fell from his graces, thanks to the good old combo of alcohol, drugs, and depression. Prolly wont be able to drink a beer without fainting ingame, tho. Also, I find something about a cop who cant rise his coffee cop incredibly funny.

I would recommend at least boosting Endurance a point or two, to get more than one HP.

Deleted Member 16721

Dialogue heavy games aren't usually my cup of tea as the writing for some of them are way too pretensions and I've honestly never felt that with this one. It's interesting, on point, and coherent.

Yeah, well said, that's exactly what i thought too. I don't understand the dumb pretentious meme going around for this game. It's very good and competent writing.

Deleted Member 16721

Wanna role-play an ubermench who fell from his graces, thanks to the good old combo of alcohol, drugs, and depression. Prolly wont be able to drink a beer without fainting ingame, tho. Also, I find something about a cop who cant rise his coffee cop incredibly funny.

That is a pretty fun sounding character. An emo nerd :lol:. You should do well in the game as long as you avoid physical contact lol.

v1rus

Arcane

Don't do it. There are these little shits in the game that you absolutely MUST punch in the face. You will see what I mean when you run into Cuto and Cutoess.

Well, if the failure is often as gratifying as the success (content wise), perhaps failing those checks would be a nice option.

How does Pathologic 2 say it? Something like "the implications of our failure can often be more compelling than consequences of our success"

Deleted Member 16721

Don't do it. There are these little shits in the game that you absolutely MUST punch in the face. You will see what I mean when you run into Cuto and Cutoess.
I became Cuno's friend, after awhile. You can learn that Cunoess
is legitimately insane.
Also, you can
split a bottle of speed with Cuno.
:)

Deleted Member 16721

Well, if the failure is often as gratifying as the success (content wise), perhaps failing those checks would be a nice option.

How does Pathologic 2 say it? Something like "the implications of our failure can often be more compelling than consequences of our success"

Yeah, failing is genuinely interesting in the game. Don't be afraid of it.

Tigranes

Arcane

My 5 PHY guy ran away from them because he was mesmerised by their skinhead trashtalk and couldn't figure out when to throw the punch :M

Vatnik Wumao
I like walking up to people and introducing myself as “I am the Law“.
1ff5283a83c70da94d56e3449338fdde.jpg

Butter

Arcane
Patron
5.5 hours in, just finished the first day. If it keeps up like this it's easily game of the year. I haven't found any of the writing to be pretentious thus far.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom