Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline Disco Elysium - The Final Cut - a hardboiled cop show isometric RPG

Maxie

Wholesome Chungus
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
were it an actual game, you'd be hunting for clues in that, yknow... like in a detective game
Ok, I agree marketing before the release was kinda misleading and promised a more complex, detective rpg rather than a narrative game about MCs inner demons and turmoil. Even a steam description paints a different game.

But.. you do get to see different content (even if it's just flavour text in many cases) depending on your skills and without save scumming.
not the sort of thing I would like to see under General RPG Discussion on RPG Codex dot net

Serus

Arcane
Patron
do you guys also think alice in wonderland is about a girl falling down a hole
The hole is a metaphor for a vagina. A young prepubescent girl's budding discovery of sexuality.
That's the traditional take on it you fascist scum. A more progressive one says that it is about a boy with xir/xer as pronouns who want to f**k xer best buddy and the hole symbolizes his anus. Or something. And, what's worse, I suspect i'm not completely off, you simply can't go over the top when modern literary critique is concerned.

Haba

Harbinger of Decline
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
do you guys also think alice in wonderland is about a girl falling down a hole
The hole is a metaphor for a vagina. A young prepubescent girl's budding discovery of sexuality.
That's the traditional take on it you fascist scum. A more progressive one says that it is about a boy with xir/xer as pronouns who want to f**k xer best buddy and the hole symbolizes his anus. Or something. And, what's worse, I suspect i'm not completely off, you simply can't go over the top when modern literary critique is concerned.
{{Goldschmidt}} provides evidence that certain events, such as Alice's “penetrating” the rabbit hole, the keys and the locks, and the small door, are “colorful” symbols of the act of sex, which he interprets as proof of the “the presence, in [Lewis Carroll's] subconscious, of an abnormal emotion of considerable strength”

https://www.carleton.edu/departments/ENGL/Alice/CritPsycho1.html

Carrol was piping Alice Liddel's nanny and that's how they met. The book is more or less based on a fairytale he made up for her, Hobbit style. IIRC, the whole theme of going through puberty was conscious from Carrol, and was meant to reassure Alice about the changes she'd experience in life.

Viata

Arcane
He literally made the story one day to Alice and her sisters, then Alice asked him to write it in a book for her. Martin Gardner has two amazing books that go over the whole two alice books and explaining every part about it based on many researches he did. The theme of going through puberty is some bullshit modern people made because they are unable to read something without thinking about sex.

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
Quite the circlejerk over the depth of an RPG lacking most RPG elements with minimal C&C where the theme is wokeness and communism are good things.
it's about something but i would not call it wokeness

fundamentally it's a dress-up game

Shaki

Arbiter
The game is great, and more than half the Codex can't handle reading comprehension. No surprise they don't get it.
Of course BG3 defenders also enjoy Disco, why am I not surpried. It's sad that even Codex is getting overrun by Tiktok-conditioned zoomers who never read an actual book in their life, so any quirky woke word vomit, just a little more intricate than average Bethesda game, is enough to make them nut from all the "great writing".

luj1

You're all shills
Vatnik
If you like trash such as Disco Elysium, you could have joined the Codex in 1995, you're still a low standard decline enabler.

Last edited:

Darkwind

Liturgist
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is.
It's sad that even Codex is getting overrun by [people I don't like].

This is the lamest shit retort that I see here from people with nothing meaningful to say. Like 6 years ago is some narrow time window you absolute fucking brainlet. As our lefty friends like to say, "do better".

Here I will save you the time on mine: Joined Aug 1, 2019

Doesn't make you any less of a retard however. Join date and your ability to say something coherent & meaningful have no correlation. (Sad as that is, unfortunately.) This is especially relevant in your case since nobody can hear anything you say anyways since you have half the Codex on your ignore list. Maybe Reddit is more your speed?

Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is.
Gotta love how just the mention of Disco Elysium doing really good at presenting painful personal tragedy and addiction turned into this retarded cat fight.

quirky woke word vomit
maybe you're the tiktok conditioned zoomer given your lack of reading comprehension and thinking Disco Elysium is "woke"

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom