Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline Disco Elysium - The Final Cut - a hardboiled cop show isometric RPG

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
Ohhh and what did i spoil for you?
That the killer was a man and that you'd get to talk to him. I know it's not much, but it irked me nonetheless.
You can't be serious lol. That is obvious by playing the game for an hour. Your real world perception must be very low to not notice where the things are heading in the game. In the first few hours you should have noticed that the game is not a investigation game but more of a novel. Also all the other investigations are a lot more fun than the main one.

Dude carry on like this and you will get slapped for real.
I see you bitching about another game you haven't played toro. Is that a threat or what?

Do you afford plane tickets bitch? :)

Actually you need like 4-6 hours to drive to Timisoara but I guess poor fucks like you cannot afford a car.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Ohhh and what did i spoil for you?
That the killer was a man and that you'd get to talk to him. I know it's not much, but it irked me nonetheless.
You can't be serious lol. That is obvious by playing the game for an hour. Your real world perception must be very low to not notice where the things are heading in the game. In the first few hours you should have noticed that the game is not a investigation game but more of a novel. Also all the other investigations are a lot more fun than the main one.

Dude carry on like this and you will get slapped for real.
I see you bitching about another game you haven't played toro. Is that a threat or what?

Do you afford plane tickets bitch? :)

Actually you need like 4-6 hours to drive to Timisoara but I guess poor fucks like you cannot afford a car.
Romanian gyspo,fuck this fight i must decline,it will end up bad for both of us.

Prime Junta

Was the crab man super natural? I just thought he was some Mexican jacked up on krokodil or something.

Yeah he was. It was made clear he had kicked the drugs and his new habit was the hole in the world.

Possibly Retarded The Real Fanboy

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Was the crab man super natural? I just thought he was some Mexican jacked up on krokodil or something.

Yeah he was. It was made clear he had kicked the drugs and his new habit was the hole in the world.
The fuck is fake news dude??? Having some hobby about jerking off to some black hole doesn't make you supernatural too. The dude was just a normal pendeho.

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.

Yeah, I mean he told you that, but I'm not sure I believe a naked guy climbing around on the ceiling :)

Edit:

Might add I never solved the mysterious hole in the roof thing.

Verylittlefishes

Sacro Bosco
Patron
LOL TwinkieGorilla is still butthurt about my comment related to his table top fetish.

People who don't play tabletop RPGs, you know, literally the thing that cRPGs try to emulate, have no place on an RPG forum.

Also: You're the most prolific retard I've ever seen at the codex. Nearly 17 thousand posts in two years. I'd be remiss if I didn't give my stamp of approval to the posts I see.
Nah tabletop is for fat smelly faggots pretending to be some muscle heroes that get the chick lol. CRPG have evolved past your genetic dead ends and now are thing that millions of normal people play around the world. You are an obsolete relic of a forgettable past. Now disappear in to nothingness,please :salute:

Wait, are you toro.

Popiel

Arcane
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Popiel Brother you are a beast! :)

You managed to articulate so many issues I also had with the game ending. Your criticism is spot on.

Kudos.
No problem bro, you’re welcome. I hope it won't lower your opinion of me, but I don't actually grade Disco Elysium as shit and decline. It's solid 6/10 or 7/10 for me, i.e. a good, albeit really flawed, piece of gaming. Main thing is to understand what this game is and is supposed to be, and don't buy into marketing bullshit.

Goose

Learned
  • The political stuff was poor. The "muh commie propaganda" people are clueless idiots who haven't played the game, but that doesn't mean they're wrong in saying that, for the most part, the political comments you can make and persuations you can adopt are boring caricatures which aren't even particularly funny. Satire across the spectrum was the right way to go, and the game isn't scared to insult people (except streaming platforms against homophobic slurs :M), but it very rarely managed to be clever..
That's exactly my take on political side. People who freak out about propaganda are talking nonsense, but the game would only gain if it didn't have politics of any kind. It adds absolutely nothing of value to the experience, it's far too try hard and often poorly written. Best bet is to just skip all of it without reading.

It's because you're basic like most gaymers. Most of you think politics is stopping the bluehair menace from turning all your RPGs gay. You've barely scratched the surface.

The game should have gone even heavier on the politics. As long as it's played straight (which it isn't) and picks no favourites (which it clearly does).

As it stands, playing a fascist/authoritarian in Mass Effect is more fun than playing one in Disco Elysium, because the game is never talking down to the player. In fact, I would take 'generic chaotic evil' writing over this.

Alas I still await my Nazi simulator.

Last edited:

toro

Arcane
Vatnik

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
... this is seriously anti-climactic
Ohhh we both know how it would have ended. 99% of getting drunk as shit,having a blast,most likely sleeping in the local cop station or 1% beating the shit of each other till one of us goes totally fucked up and the other on spends some jail time :).

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
Popiel Brother you are a beast! :)

You managed to articulate so many issues I also had with the game ending. Your criticism is spot on.

Kudos.
No problem bro, you’re welcome. I hope it won't lower your opinion of me, but I don't actually grade Disco Elysium as shit and decline. It's solid 6/10 or 7/10 for me, i.e. a good, albeit really flawed, piece of gaming. Main thing is to understand what this game is and is supposed to be, and don't buy into marketing bullshit.

It's fine. The ending enraged me but I try not to judge the complete game based on that (although it will dampen my enthusiasm for further playthroughs) because the previous 20 hours were pretty great.

So, I do agree with you. The game is definitely not shit or decline and for me is also a 7.5/10 game but I cannot recommend it to everyone because it's obviously not for everyone.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom