Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline Disco Elysium - The Final Cut - a hardboiled cop show isometric RPG

Insulindian Miracle unlocks all White Checks. I tried the admin thing, didn't work.

At first Save Game was simply greyed out but after loading an older save it was replaced by a never-ending loading screen. Autosave didn't help either.

I thought it was related to a certain conversation and that the quest was bugged but then I tried pausing Insulindian Miracle at 93% and it fixed the issue.

Found this:

https://www.reddit.com/r/DiscoElysium/comments/dk7fqi/bug_cant_save_from_a_certain_point_onwards/

Did you finish researching any thought? You can't save until you see the outcome of the research.

Well I did, but before recovering the gun and I saw the outcome. Guess something bugged out there.

Also:

https://www.reddit.com/r/DiscoElysium/comments/dk7ceg/wompty_dompty_dom_center/

Before I fully invest myself in the game :

1. Does it work on Linux ? (Even through Wine)
2. Does it have gamepad support ?
3. How many romanceable characters are there ?

Thank you.

1. No Linux version (and the devs dare call themselves commies, tsk, tsk). It does work on wine, though for me it needed MS Media Foundation and this workaround to even start. I also needed Vulkan (dxvk) and new nvidia drivers to deal with some major graphics issues. After that it was smooth sailing.

2. Fuck if I know.

3. One, I guess?

Terenty

Liturgist
I can't confirm it myself, but you're not the first to mention it. I saw someone else point it out, somewhere.

It actually says raises all learning caps to 3. I cant quite understand the wording. Does it mean if i have 2 in INT and can raise Logic max to 2 and now i can raise it to 3 or it means 2+3 = 5 ?

Raised to 3.

You can also use drugs which temp raise stats, but if you spend skill points you'll retain those over the cap.

Ok, but how come i can raise Endurance to 7 with my 2 Physique? I have a thought that raises Endurance cap to 4 and a thought that raises all caps to 3? It means somehow 3+4 = 7, but it doesn't make sense either because i already have 2 in Endurance. It should be 2+3+4 = 9.

There's something wrong here. If i have 2 Physique i can raise Endurance to 2. If i have a though that raises Endurance cap to 4, i should be able to raise it to 4. If i additionally equip a thought that raises all caps to 3 then i shouldn't be able to raise my Endurance to 7 all of a sudden. My endurance shouldnt be affected by it whatsoever. Right?

Luckmann

Arcane
Zionist Agent
While frustrating, this can be worked around by simply cheating. Launch up Cheat Engine, search for your current XP a few times (4 bytes) and it'll come up with 3 addresses. They're always the same, and the xp resets for each level-up. Just change it into whatever you're supposed to have.

Ty bro! Now, how does cheat engine work exactly in this game? :D Im clueless :(

Il also just add 2 skill points. I stopped counting around 16th conceptualization proc, so its prolly around that number
It works like Cheat Engine works in every game. :^)
  • Get Cheat Engine. Install it. Make sure to not install the shit that usually comes with it, there's a checkbox you have to check or uncheck.
  • Launch it. Launch Disco Elysium. Load your game.
  • In Cheat Engine, upper left, right under "File", click the computer/looking glass to "Select a process to open".
  • Select Disco Elysium (disco.exe).
  • In Disco Elysium, note how much XP you have (###/100, Lower Right on the Character Sheet).
  • In Cheat Engine, right-hand side, set Scan Type to Exact Value, and Value Type to 4 Bytes.
  • Enter your current XP under "Value" (open field above Scan Type/Value Type drop-downs).
  • Click "First Scan".
  • In Cheat Engine, change the Value into whatever you now has as XP, and click "Next Scan". Every time you scan, you're eliminating all results that isn't the same value as the one you've entered (which should be your current XP).
  • In the end, you should only have one address left, and the value of the address should be identical to your current XP.
  • Select the three address, right-click, and click "Add selected addresses to the addresslist".
  • In the lower section of Cheat Engine, you should now have your xp. Select it, right-click -> Change Record -> Value.
  • Insert whatever value you want (such as 95)
Note that even if you enter a value such as 100, you won't get a lvlup until the next time you get experience.
I can't confirm it myself, but you're not the first to mention it. I saw someone else point it out, somewhere.

It actually says raises all learning caps to 3. I cant quite understand the wording. Does it mean if i have 2 in INT and can raise Logic max to 2 and now i can raise it to 3 or it means 2+3 = 5 ?
Oh, then it's working as intended. Some Thoughts raises by #, while others raise to #. "To" should never stack with anything, "By" should always stack with everything.

So if you have Volumetric Shit Compressor, which gives "Learning cap for Endurance raised to 4", that part of it should do nothing for you if your Physique 4 or higher.

Prime Junta

Hey, there's fan art. Waiting for the slash fiction.

EHRonr7UUAAFusF

Prime Junta

Oh, then it's working as intended. Some Thoughts raises by #, while others raise to #. "To" should never stack with anything, "By" should always stack with everything.

I haven't encountered any Thought that raises learning caps /by/ anything.

Terenty

Liturgist
While frustrating, this can be worked around by simply cheating. Launch up Cheat Engine, search for your current XP a few times (4 bytes) and it'll come up with 3 addresses. They're always the same, and the xp resets for each level-up. Just change it into whatever you're supposed to have.

Il also just add 2 skill points. I stopped counting around 16th conceptualization proc, so its prolly around that number
  • Get Cheat Engine. Install it. Make sure to not install the shit that usually comes with it, there's a checkbox you have to check or uncheck.
  • In Cheat Engine, upper left, right under "File", click the computer/looking glass to "Select a process to open".
  • In Disco Elysium, note how much XP you have (###/100, Lower Right on the Character Sheet).
  • In Cheat Engine, right-hand side, set Scan Type to Exact Value, and Value Type to 4 Bytes.
  • Enter your current XP under "Value" (open field above Scan Type/Value Type drop-downs).
  • Click "First Scan".
  • In Cheat Engine, change the Value into whatever you now has as XP, and click "Next Scan". Every time you scan, you're eliminating all results that isn't the same value as the one you've entered (which should be your current XP).
  • In the end, you should only have one address left, and the value of the address should be identical to your current XP.
  • Select the three address, right-click, and click "Add selected addresses to the addresslist".
  • In the lower section of Cheat Engine, you should now have your xp. Select it, right-click -> Change Record -> Value.
Note that even if you enter a value such as 100, you won't get a lvlup until the next time you get experience.

So if you have Volumetric Shit Compressor, which gives "Learning cap for Endurance raised to 4", that part of it should do nothing for you if your Physique 4 or higher.

But it totally stacks! I can raise my Endurance to 7 with my base Physique of 2, but when i forget the thought that raises all caps to 3 i can only raise it to 4

Luckmann

Arcane
Zionist Agent

Guillaume Le Million raises all PSY Learning Caps by 1. You can get that thought from the mirror in your bathroom, when you first wake up. :smug:
But it totally stacks! I can raise my Endurance to 7 with my base Physique of 2, but when i forget the thought that raises all caps to 3 i can only raise it to 4
Well then that's just weird as hell as far as I'm concerned.

Something lost in translation, maybe?

Raised to 3.

You can also use drugs which temp raise stats, but if you spend skill points you'll retain those over the cap.

Ok, but how come i can raise Endurance to 7 with my 2 Physique? I have a thought that raises Endurance cap to 4 and a thought that raises all caps to 3? It means somehow 3+4 = 7, but it doesn't make sense either because i already have 2 in Endurance. It should be 2+3+4 = 9.

There's something wrong here. If i have 2 Physique i can raise Endurance to 2. If i have a though that raises Endurance cap to 4, i should be able to raise it to 4. If i additionally equip a thought that raises all caps to 3 then i shouldn't be able to raise my Endurance to 7 all of a sudden. My endurance shouldnt be affected by it whatsoever. Right?
I agree, you're entirely correct. Good to know that they do stack, but they really shouldn't, I think. If this is intentional, it's a very odd choice of words.

Last edited:

Kyl Von Kull

The Night Tripper
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Luckmann there’s more anti-radiation ecstasy in
Cindy the Skull’s squat on the western terrace of the apartment building. You have to talk to the smoker on the balcony just north of Cuno to find the key to the building. He’s usually there during the day until you talk to him.

Terenty

Liturgist

Guillaume Le Million raises all PSY Learning Caps by 1. You can get that thought from the mirror in your bathroom, when you first wake up. :smug:
Well then that's just weird as hell as far as I'm concerned.

Something lost in translation, maybe?

It looks like a bug. When it says it raises all caps to 3 it does just that raises caps to 3 if you have 2 for example, but if you have 3 and more it stacks

v1rus

Arcane

• Click "First Scan".

Thank you very, very much bro.

Luckmann

Arcane
Zionist Agent
By the way, a tip on a thing that many may not have thought of: You can open your character sheet and thought cabinet during dialogue.

Why would you care to do that, you ask? Because not only does it allow you to put points into skills to retry checks or to boost right before red checks prior to committing (which is especially relevant since some checks won't come back if you back out of the conversation), but it also allows you to, for example, unlock a slot in your Thought Cabinet and start internalizing a thought without having to end a conversation, meaning you'll benefit from all the time that passes during the course of a conversation.

Rinslin Merwind

Erudite
Joyce will give it to you if you can bring yourself to ask.

Yes it's tied to the stronger prybar. You can't complete that quest before Wednesday.
I discovered that a need stronger pry bar on day 2, saw your recomendation to ask Joyce, went to her and there no dialogue about stronger tool. Should I do a side work for her or this option is behind of shy-high checks connected to case? I know that it possible to obtain tool in church, I just decided to try different approach.

Catacombs

Arcane
Patron
Picked this up yesterday, and I'm loving it. Wow.

I'm at a friend's house and counting down the minutes until I can leave and play it.

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Joyce will give it to you if you can bring yourself to ask.

Yes it's tied to the stronger prybar. You can't complete that quest before Wednesday.
I discovered that a need stronger pry bar on day 2, saw your recomendation to ask Joyce, went to her and there no dialogue about stronger tool. Should I do a side work for her or this option is behind of shy-high checks connected to case? I know that it possible to obtain tool in church, I just decided to try different approach.

Do you need it to break open the ice box?

You will get it later, don't worry.

Luckmann

Arcane
Zionist Agent
And on an unrelated topic, I've now fully committed to the path of the parapsychologist, uncovering the deeper truths of the universe. Full-on spiritual journey. This is my calling in life. It is my destiny.

I am the Remote Viewers Division, and there's nothing Kim can say to stop me.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom