Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Disco Elysium - The Final Cut Released

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
I didn't buy either so I guess I'll never know. Maybe when I go insane and also buy CP2077 as well. Stack up the insanity.

Daemongar

Arcane
Codex Year of the Donut
Now, I don't know if this is your case, but it surely looks like it is. A person who is really knowledgeable about the P&P landscape wold know that there is a shitload of systems out there with no emphasis at all on combat or character development. Systems with no dice rolls involved. Systems that make a point of having the less cumbersome ruleset possibile in order to speed up the narrative. Systems more concerned to depict the physical and mental degradation of a character than his growth in power. Systems designed to tell stories for the sake of telling stories (so, again, with no challenge whatsoever involved)
Are you talking about RPG games here, or some guy sitting around reading a book to people?

Dr Schultz

Augur
Now, I don't know if this is your case, but it surely looks like it is. A person who is really knowledgeable about the P&P landscape wold know that there is a shitload of systems out there with no emphasis at all on combat or character development. Systems with no dice rolls involved. Systems that make a point of having the less cumbersome ruleset possibile in order to speed up the narrative. Systems more concerned to depict the physical and mental degradation of a character than his growth in power. Systems designed to tell stories for the sake of telling stories (so, again, with no challenge whatsoever involved)
Are you talking about RPG games here, or some guy sitting around reading a book to people?

Man, shocking as it may sound, one of the most effective description of a tabletop RPG is "a game of make-believe with a set of rules intended as guidelines".

Unbelievable, I know...

Daemongar

Arcane
Codex Year of the Donut
Man, shocking as it may sound, one of the most effective description of a tabletop RPG is "a game of make-believe with a set of rules intended as guidelines".
I'm pretty sure its "a game of make-believe with a set of rules intended to add bickering and fighting"

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom