Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Dishonored debut trailer [Bethesda teaser]

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA

Syril

Liturgist
Queued
They are using modified UE3.

Nothing wrong with using engine which you modified by yourself see quake --> half life

IronicNeurotic

Arbiter

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
So, high probability for incline.

Except it is funded by Zenimax/Bethesda. So no.
So was New Vegas...

And that means what exactly? A well written story, some good cRPG mechanics stuck with a horrible shit ACTION GAME engine?

Have you atleast played Dark Messiah or Arx fatalis?

I actually have not. Hell even Dark Messiah is SKYWAY APPROVED™, which has always intrigued me....

Captain Shrek

Then do try. Its a BIT buggy, has bad story and crappy RPG system. Even then it has the MOST INNOVATIVE ACTION COMBAT MECHANICS FOR FANTASY GAMES RIGHT ALONG WITH ARX. Since Dishonored is being developed by the same people, I would believe that there is a VERY good chance that we have another action greatness at hand.

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
Then do try. Its a BIT buggy, has bad story and crappy RPG system. Even then it has the MOST INNOVATIVE ACTION COMBAT MECHANICS FOR FANTASY GAMES RIGHT ALONG WITH ARX. Since Dishonored is being developed by the same people, I would believe that there is a VERY good chance that we have another action greatness at hand.

(For the most part) I don't like action games, which is the main reason I haven't played either Arx or Dark Messiah.

Captain Shrek

(For the most part) I don't like action games, which is the main reason I haven't played either Arx or Dark Messiah.

I get that much dude. And I respect your choice. Its just that there are people who DO like them. I thought you might be sympathize with that kind of sentiment.

Angthoron

Arcane
Well, the setting and concept are interesting at least, but will want some gameplay vids before making any decisions.

Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Dishonored is a pickle. On one hand, you get Bethesda, with all that this entails. On the other hand you get Arkane Studios, the guys who made Arx Fatalis. I've just finished replaying it and it is fucking awesome, if fairly linear in story terms, action RPG. Arx Libertatis project really breathes a new life into it.

Probably won't pre-order or buy at day one but will keep an eye on it and will definitely check out the demo to see if it is worth purchase.

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
Trailer was well done but can we get some gameplay vids ffs.
I liked how they "presented" gameplay in the video, you can clearly see it will be first-person, with swords, guns and a weird magic. Not my cup of tea, but i've heard good things about how they handle this type of game.

spectre

Arcane
So, Bethesda finally noticed Arsebandit's Creed was around for some time and decided they want a piece of that action too?

Actually, it's a bit like far cry met arcanum and assassin's creed, had a wild orgy then, nine months later, what the...

The setting looks like it could be interesting... and there's the guys behind Arx Fatalis, still not getting my hopes up for anything with Bethesda logo on it.

That trailer is troubling. It starts out good with all the sneaking and then just goes into kill-the-entire-room-full-of-people-by-yourself. I think this game is going to have some trouble trying to separate the two play styles and that ultimately sneaking is going to become unrewarding when you can just solve all the problems by killing everyone.

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
That trailer is troubling. It starts out good with all the sneaking and then just goes into kill the entire room of people at once. I think this game is going to have some trouble trying to separate the two play styles and that ultimately sneaking is going to become unrewarding when you can just solve all the problems by killing everyone.
That's a pretty hefty conclusion to draw from a cinematic trailer.

By the way I edited the thread title to kind of reflect what the thread is now actually about.

Turisas

Arch Devil
Patron
That trailer is troubling. It starts out good with all the sneaking and then just goes into kill-the-entire-room-full-of-people-by-yourself. I think this game is going to have some trouble trying to separate the two play styles and that ultimately sneaking is going to become unrewarding when you can just solve all the problems by killing everyone.

A stealth-only CGI trailer wouldn't get past any game marketing department these days. Wait until actual gameplay footage at least before getting worried.

Aeschylus

Swindler
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
For anyone who doesn't know what Dishonered is. It's the new game by the Arx Fatalis guys and Harvey Smith (Deus Ex Lead Designer) and Raphale somethingsomething (Lead Designer on Arx Fatalis) are co-lead-designers.

So, high probability for incline.
Is that so? Arx Fatalis was awesome. This might end up being the first Bethesda related game I try since Daggerfall.

Regdar

Arcane
Looks like it'll be a fucking Bioshock clone in a different setting. Unimpressive.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom