Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Divinity Divinity: Original Sin 2 - Definitive Edition

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
I have a dedicated bags for ALL BOOKS. Gotta keep that lore men

bottomless bag for the deepest lore

speaking of:

JC31ST.jpg

g9CYgN.jpg

RRMQ5V.jpg

BUT THOU MUST!!!!!

Yes, the above convo loops 24/7 if you keep picking option #3.

And then when you pick option #2...

hRpXJh.jpg

gaem's writung truly has improved consideraburury!!!
steamhappy_by_kiwi450da-d9fx6ps.png

i also will leave it without comment how this womyn's VA first introduces herself as "muh leidi", and then the narrator says it properly as "mahlahdi"

jesus christ on a pogo stick

Sjukob

Arcane
Fuck Malady . The dialogue with her reminded me of Vtmb shit , where you have to snitch Nines and get no choice to do otherwise .

Last edited:

Jarmaro

Liturgist
People actually like writting? It's servicable, nothin greally interesting.
So far story is "The Chosen One", but we will see.

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
http://steamcommunity.com/games/435150/announcements/detail/1477601466704282818

Patch Notes v3.0.143.148

Hi everybody!

After a few hotfixes, we’re happy to announce the first patch for Divinity: Original Sin 2. The focus of this patch has been fixing the issues we’ve seen pop up.

There will be a further update later today featuring improved German, French, and Russian translations, as well as a series of improvements for the game’s different endings.

Thank you for sending us so much feedback!

The Larian Team

Improvements and changes
  • Added henchman support in the endgame dialog
  • Updated several quest log entries
  • Several inventory settings (filters and sorting) will now be saved
  • Teleporter pyramids are now sent to the Avatar when a companion is dismissed
  • Rune slots are now limited to one slot per item
  • Mass Cleanse Wounds now properly clears Decaying from allies and damages Undead enemies
  • Void-Enhanced Poison now inflicts more damage
  • Reactive armor changes:
    • Cost changed to 2 AP
    • Cooldown changed to 6 turns
    • Damage reduced
  • Fixed Unstable talent not scaling with maximum Vitality like it should. Reduced multiplier to 50%.
  • Fixed Dodging from Leadership not corresponding to amount stated in the tooltip.
  • Loot has been modified in the final boss fight, the demons near bloodmoon island, a corpse in the Wrecker Cave, in and around the Arena of the One
  • Non-recruited Godwoken now have Curse instead of Bless
  • Tweaked XP rewards for certain Voidwoken
  • Fixed certain Voidwoken that create Cursed blood surfaces when they died
  • Updated credits screen

Bug Fixes
  • Fixed journal being updated incorrectly for certain quests
    • Note: For ‘Call to Arms’ and the ‘Imprisoned Elf’, existing savegames may still display the wrong journal entry. This has no impact on the further game.
  • Fixed several crashes, of which the most important ones are:
    • Fixed crash related to reward screen
    • Fixed crash related to loading savegame
    • Fixed crash on dropping an item
    • Fixed crash related to controller disconnect
    • Fixed crash related to the user interface
    • Fixed crash related to Guardian Angel status
  • Fixed incorrect/permanent weather statuses
  • Fixed Player Character being blocked after talking to Nicholas in Reaper’s Coast
  • Fixed not being able to send items to the chests on the Lady Vengeance
  • Fixed cause of savegame issue (resulting in error 302)
    • Existing savegames remain affected for now, but the error will not happen again after this patch
  • Fixed several dialog flags
  • Fixed dialog issues during Sebille and Fane’s origin moments
  • Fixed Cloisterwood Waypoint possibly killing party members due to lava placement
  • Fixed Reimond triggering generic behaviors incorrectly
  • Fixed several alignment issues
  • Fixed Saheila not having enough points in Hydrosophist
  • Fixed eating Alexandar’s head triggering an incorrect achievement
  • Fixed blood puzzle getting stuck if you start the flow of blood before Blessing it
  • Fixed player possibly getting stuck when using context menu to drop a barrel
  • Fixed several tutorial messages
  • Fixed Shapeshift visual being stuck when removed during level change
  • Fixed issue regarding progress bars remaining visible on client side
  • Fixed Play Dead skill causing a combat loop
  • Fixed Oil slugs fight: some enemies were ending their turn incorrectly
  • Fixed origin moment with Saheila in the Elf encampment
  • Disabled the warning that pops up when a player leaves the Magic Mirror without having choosen tags.
  • You can now refuse to consume Roost’s Source
  • Various fixes in the epilogue dialogs
  • Fixed a number of repeating dialog nodes
  • Fixed issue with Fullscreen Gamma settings
  • Fixed not being able to drag items from containers to inventory
  • Fixed issues with Withermoore’s Soul Jar
  • Fixed a bug where trade items could appear in the same inventory slot
  • Improvements to our NAT detection system. This should improve connectivity between players who were having connectivity problems.
  • Malady will now remind you of the companion quests that are left open on Reaper’s coast, even if you are shapeshifted
  • Ifan will no longer have the Undertavern romance moment outside of the Undertavern
  • Fixed an issue where the Source amulet was not working as intended.
  • Fixed an issue where the Slane quest does not close correctly if you kill the Shriekers before freeing him.
  • Fixed sound attenuations being incorrect for some objects.
  • Fixed naming of giant healing potions.
  • Fixed AI characters trying to move out of invalid positions when they are unable to move
  • Fixed the White Magister who kept repeating her shout for every hit during combat.
  • All players will now resurrect after finishing the Arena of the One so that the dialog with Malady can continue correctly afterwards.
  • Fixed an issue where players could be eternally Wet
  • Sebille no longer proclaims she is free when enthralled
  • Fixed the FX of resurrection skills
  • Fixed Ryker not being hostile when player chooses to refuse the quest/ attack
  • Blocked illogical node from Sebille dialog while speaking with Tovah
  • Fixed gamma correction not working in windowed and fake fullscreen mode
  • Fixed issue where Hannag's first greeting after being saved by the player wouldn't give a reward
  • Fixed ‘A Sheep in Wolf's Clothing’ achievement
  • Removed wrong dialog nodes from Fane’s dialogs.
  • Fixed Malady refusing to come to the Lady Vengeance after attacking her on Bloodmoon Island (Really, why would you do that?)
  • You can now tell Malady only once about the Meistr
  • Removed looping from dialogs in the Blackpits.
  • Ex-companions no longer drop loot in the Arena of the One.
  • Voicebarks now play on the correct characters in the Arx death room
  • Fixed a scripting issue wherein a player enters Arx in multiplayer when the host is near the Lady Vengeance, Malady starts a dialog with an incorrect player.
  • If players were betrayed by their friends so they cannot be resurrected anymore and all other players are dead, a ‘game over’ condition has been added.
  • Made it clearer in Cullwood Mills that you are not allowed in
  • Removed Roost’s floating hand near Bloodmoon Island
  • Fixed text in the Gwydian execution scene
  • Fixed Meistr dialog when player performed ritual outside of the cellar
  • Added Ifan origin moments with ghost of Hannah
  • Fixed shapeshifting visual being stuck during level swapping
  • Meistr now reacts logically to being Source Vampirised
  • Fixed Red Prince dialog in Driftwood tavern when he is a companion

UI Fixes
  • Fixed layout problems on the examine window in keyboard mode
  • Fixed various UI text overlaps
  • Added a delay to some tutorial messages, so they do not appear at the start of the game.
  • Allow pinging to work during combat, when it’s not your turn.
  • Added an option to enable/disable sound muting when the game window does not have focus.
  • Re-enabled the drag and drop functionality on the player names in the inventory screen
  • Increased FPS limit to 240 in the options screen
  • Restricted visual lobby name length but added a tooltip showing the full name
  • Fixed an issue where the resolution selection was empty for some players
  • Added a delay to the Hotbar tutorial of 5 minutes so it doesn't trigger as soon as you start a game
  • Fix for some items not being selected when looking at them when playing with a controller
  • Fixed issue with appearance selectors not updating correctly when quickly switching between presets, causing some visual bugs like the voice being wrong on the origin characters in character creation.
  • Fixed aspect ratio issues when using controller in split-screen mode

Arena
  • Fixed a situation where a player is kicked from the lobby when a player presses certain keys to start splitscreen.
  • Fixed issue with ‘ready’ button on client side
  • Fixed some rare selection issue in the character selection screen

GM Mode
  • Overview map. Level popup of existing scenes now closes if GM deletes all scenes.
  • FIxed an issue where after subscribing to a GM campaign, it was not visible.
  • Fixed GameMaster not being able to see invisible items

Doktor Best

Arcane

speaking of:

JC31ST.jpg

g9CYgN.jpg

RRMQ5V.jpg

BUT THOU MUST!!!!!

hRpXJh.jpg

i also will leave it without comment how this womyn's VA first introduces herself as "muh leidi", and then the narrator says it properly as "mahlahdi"

Cherrypicking one example of cheesy writing doesnt really prove your point. Yes there are bad parts, but there is not one rpg in existence that is completely free from those moments.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Best song in soundtrack imo

They also included Power of Innocence with orchestra
:love:

I like Mead, Gold and Blood (the second track) a lot. But everything is good. And the orchestra adds a lot to the feeling. Masterful.

I think that's one of the best too:

Last edited:

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member

speaking of:

JC31ST.jpg

g9CYgN.jpg

RRMQ5V.jpg

BUT THOU MUST!!!!!

hRpXJh.jpg

Cherrypicking one example of cheesy writing doesnt really prove your point. Yes there are bad parts, but there is not one rpg in existence that is completely free from those moments.

o-ok

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
I've had instances where I've been struck by bad writing, but also when I've been struck by well-written and well-voiced lines.

One dwarf in the Seekers' camp said that the demons "have their [the sourcerers'] number". I don't know how this anachronism passed through editing.

Fairfax

Arcane
  • Rune slots are now limited to one slot per item
I think they meant the opposite? I just noticed some of my gear has 2 rune slots instead of 1 now.

KateMicucci

Arcane
Are you a disciple of Swenism?

A priest of the Larian sect, proclaimed heretics by the church of Fig?

Hath thee of the bastard faith sought terror and doom upon all systems of man?

The 'dex is a swamp. Your religion cannot grow here.

Apostatize.
I had a lot of free time the last two weeks, but I still don't value my time so little that I'd waste it complaining about games I don't like. I like this game.

Kem0sabe

Arcane

speaking of:

JC31ST.jpg

g9CYgN.jpg

RRMQ5V.jpg

BUT THOU MUST!!!!!

hRpXJh.jpg

Larian has been writing this shit for years, through multiple games... it would be cherry-picking if you actually posted some screens of actual good dialogue from the game.

Mark Richard

Arcane
I've had instances where I've been struck by bad writing, but also when I've been struck by well-written and well-voiced lines.

One dwarf in the Seekers' camp said that the demons "have their [the sourcerers'] number". I don't know how this anachronism passed through editing.
A fantasy game can just about scrape by. It's more jarring listening to 8th Century Danes use modern language in the historical setting of Expeditions: Viking. They have to adapt it for today's audience though, and the writing can feel a little robotic if everybody has a straightforward manner of speech. Years of watching Star Trek seasoning modern idioms with sci-fi spices has allowed me to build up a tolerance.

Seethe

Arbiter
I threw away the Obsidian Lancet that is required for the first ritual during the main quest when you meet your God. Aapparently I have to do the ritual again after 50 hours of gameplay, but...I no longer have the Obsidian Lancet to draw blood from myself anymore because I sold it/threw it, essentially giving me an unofficial GAME OVER. Fuck if I remember what I did with the knife, it was like 40+ hours ago. Who knew the fate of the world rested in the hands of a retarded knife.

This bullshit pissed me off so much, I shelved the game. I don't think any other game destroyed my mood to play it as much as this one. So yeah, if you guys are missing the Obsidian Lancet OR/AND the Ritual Bowl and you have no idea where you've placed it, you're fucking screwed.

Brought to you by RPG Codex, a place where people complain about modern RPGs being made for retarded children and about devs aiming their games at brain-dead casuals who can't handle quest items unless game forbids them from doing dumb stuff with important artifacts.

"Important artifacts". An obsidian knife doesn't sound like an important artifact. It sounds like an object you would find again in the game. Name one more game that pulls off this "you just found out you're fucked for what you did 50 hours ago" shit. I do this kind of inventory purging in every game, and it NEVER happened to me before.

Do you really need the lance? I think to progress to act 3 you need to know the location of Mist Island. I remember having option to sail without finishing getting stoned by source smoke. Second time gives you Vampirism. Also if you finish ALL options to increase source dots Daemona the elf-gargoyle summons you on ship with owl.

.....but seriously guys, who doesn't put anything that looks questy into separate bag together with all books and suspicious looking crafting materials? I mean, you even have Enteprise and inventory option to store items on it.

Thanks. I empty my bags all the time because I have inventory space OCD. I hate to have my inventory full of ten thousand items(especially in this game), and the "Send to Lady Vengeance storage" option is broken and doesn't work. Not gonna teleport to it every single time.

Last edited:

ilitarist

Learned
Illiterate Village Idiot
"Important artifacts". An obsidian knife doesn't sound like an important artifact. It sounds like an object you would find again in the game. Name one more game that pulls off this "you just found out you're fucked for what you did 50 hours ago" shit. I do this kind of inventory purging in every game, and it NEVER happened to me before.

As others have mentioned there's similar thing in Planescape as well as new Numenera: you can think that Bronze Sphere is useless and drop it or never get it. In original game it affected the ending, in the new game it potentially left you with a smaller party and therefore harder game.

You could also break some older games by dropping items and easily so. IIRC Wizardry 7 allowed you to miss important quest items. I think Fallout 1-2 lets you drop anything so you can leave important quest items in no longer accessible locations. I lost quest items in Arcanum, I think.

The difference is in those games there was also a way to go forward. I haven't played DOS2 yet and I don't know if it is so in your case. Larian says their main quest can be completed even if you behave like an idiot so there it seems they've missed a big thing.

KateMicucci

Arcane

Ultima VII

Seethe

Arbiter

As others have mentioned there's similar thing in Planescape as well as new Numenera: you can think that Bronze Sphere is useless and drop it or never get it. In original game it affected the ending, in the new game it potentially left you with a smaller party and therefore harder game.

You could also break some older games by dropping items and easily so. IIRC Wizardry 7 allowed you to miss important quest items. I think Fallout 1-2 lets you drop anything so you can leave important quest items in no longer accessible locations. I lost quest items in Arcanum, I think.

The difference is in those games there was also a way to go forward. I haven't played DOS2 yet and I don't know if it is so in your case. Larian says their main quest can be completed even if you behave like an idiot so there it seems they've missed a big thing.

Main Quest or not that's fucking irrelevant. I screwed up quests, and I am fine with that. Never cheesed with saves either. But this "...50 hours later" shtick is beyond retarded.

Here's a fun fact: the same shit happens with notes as well. Yes, if you don't carry hoards of notes with you, you will not be able to complete the quest, because for example in one quest you find out about an demon's name from a note, but if you don't have the note, the game insists that you do not actually know his name even though I fucking do, because I opened it and read it myself. Yeah thanks game, not like I have a journal anything. Feels more like an homage to old RPGs than an useful tool.

Malpercio

Arcane
I threw away the Obsidian Lancet that is required for the first ritual during the main quest when you meet your God. Aapparently I have to do the ritual again after 50 hours of gameplay, but...I no longer have the Obsidian Lancet to draw blood from myself anymore because I sold it/threw it, essentially giving me an unofficial GAME OVER. Fuck if I remember what I did with the knife, it was like 40+ hours ago. Who knew the fate of the world rested in the hands of a retarded knife.

This bullshit pissed me off so much, I shelved the game. I don't think any other game destroyed my mood to play it as much as this one. So yeah, if you guys are missing the Obsidian Lancet OR/AND the Ritual Bowl and you have no idea where you've placed it, you're fucking screwed.

Brought to you by RPG Codex, a place where people complain about modern RPGs being made for retarded children and about devs aiming their games at brain-dead casuals who can't handle quest items unless game forbids them from doing dumb stuff with important artifacts.

Not to mention this game is an inventory nightmare too, can you blame people if they accidentally sold or dropped shit when half of your game time is spent moving stuff between inventories?

Mark.L.Joy

Prophet
Wasting too much time reloading choices, time to stop giving a shit with a chance for replay later.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom