Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Divinity: Original Sin Beta Release Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO THE NEW THREAD]

Haba

Harbinger of Decline
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
Are you thinking of a cult of personality?

No, I am thinking about actual cargo cults.

Cargo cults often develop during a combination of crises. Under conditions of social stress, such a movement may form under the leadership of a charismatic figure. This leader may have a "vision" (or "myth-dream") of the future, often linked to an ancestral efficacy thought to be recoverable by a return to traditional morality. This leader may characterize the present state (often imposed by colonial capitalist regimes) as a dismantling of the old social order, meaning that social hierarchy and ego boundaries have been broken down.

pakoito

Arcane
Patron
I am strong. I am strong. I am strong. I am strong. I am strong. I am strong. I am strong. I am strong. I am strong. I am strong. I am strong. I am strong. I am strong. I am strong. I am strong. I am strong. I am strong. I am strong. I am strong. I am strong. I am strong. I am strong. I am strong. I am strong. I am strong. I am strong. I am strong. I am strong. I am strong. I am strong. I am strong. I am strong. I am strong. I am strong. I am strong. I am strong.

SuicideBunny

(ノ ゜Д゜)ノ ︵ ┻━┻
Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Torment: Tides of Numenera
I hope that tutorial dungeon is optional.
you still start on the beach. the dungeon is behind the stone door that came after crabs before and nothing is forcing you to enter (but you want to because clues, also free loot).

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
I929v6R.jpg

In D:OS you can play as a zombie Earth, Wind & Fire member. 11/10, GOTY.

Last edited:
Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
Downloadan! :bounce:

This game and Xenonauts already provided me with more entertainment than all the 2013 releases combined. Much love to Larian :love:

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
Seems like there's a bug at the Shelter at the end of Time. Zixzax only gives me a Pyramid, not the teleporter rune. So I'm stuck there :(

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
The DISCUSS system is silly. Haven't watched the trailer but I tried it out in the beta. After you disagree and choose your type of argument (intimidate, charm, reason) you get some sort of power level based on argument type for the situation + your stats. Then you play rock-paper-scissors. Every time you win, you get your power level thingie in points. First person to 10 points wins. (So power level 2 = 5 successes, 3 = 4, 4 = 3, 5 = 2). If you're playing single player, it auto-rolls. In multiplayer you get to pick rock/paper/scissors yourself.

I can just imagine the two source hunters in front of the guard... "The peasant is lying!" "No, he's telling the truth!" "Can you excuse us for a moment" *plays 5 rounds of rock paper scissors, then turns to the guard* "Yeah... He's definitely telling the truth."

SuicideBunny

(ノ ゜Д゜)ノ ︵ ┻━┻
Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Torment: Tides of Numenera
That's an excellent trailer.
nnnghgnnn.. not with an rps but no codex quote at the beginning...
The DISCUSS system is silly. Haven't watched the trailer but I tried it out in the beta.
that was alpha. it's different in beta. just agree or disagree and get different personality points, no backing down or convincing at the end so far as i have seen.

Raze

Larian Studios
Developer
How long is this game expected to be?

About 50+ hours. I'm guessing a completionist could take 100 hours, based on Larian's estimates for their previous RPGs.

Seems like there's a bug at the Shelter at the end of Time. Zixzax only gives me a Pyramid, not the teleporter rune. So I'm stuck there :(

There is a 'Rift Travel' icon on the right edge of the screen, a little below the mini-map, which should let you leave.

Last edited:
Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
That's an excellent trailer.
nnnghgnnn.. not with an rps but no codex quote at the beginning...

ODKeQ99.png

The DISCUSS system is silly. Haven't watched the trailer but I tried it out in the beta.
that was alpha. it's different in beta. just agree or disagree and get different personality points, no backing down or convincing at the end so far as i have seen.

I'm talking about the beta. Which I played today.

B3D1D57DD77B92A82E2CE65ADE40F992986B9518

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Ulminati is correct, they added a dialogue minigame for the beta.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom