Official RPG Codex Discord Server

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

Game News Divinity: Original Sin Kickstarter Update #74: Enhanced Edition - Before & After

Discussion in 'News & Content Feedback' started by Infinitron, Oct 21, 2015.

1. Excidium II Self-Ejected

Self-Ejected
    After further analysis it is visual studio indeed.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  2. Onholyservicebound Arcane

Onholyservicebound
    Nah, I'm pretty sure that's completely irrelevant, Inxile moved on to Torment and left a skeleton crew to work on the console port. I'm sure they could have done more for it, but what Bubble's said is more logical, Larian is working on a sequel that uses the same framework as the first game, most of the effort put into D:OS:EE could be used for D:OS 2. Not to mention I really do think D:OS has a lot of appeal to console gamers, especially those on Xbox, who bought into the Fable series in droves. Similar visuals there, and the focus on co-op, but pretty much a better game in every way.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  3. Iluvcheezcake Liturgist

Iluvcheezcake
    OH BOY cant wait :)

^ Top  
  4. Xzylvador Arbiter Patron

Xzylvador
    Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Kingmaker
    Swen must be responsible for at least 25% of the coke consumption in Belgium.
    Also, can't wait to play! Love U Larian, even despite the console crap.

:love:

^ Top  
  5. Xzylvador Arbiter Patron

Xzylvador
    Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Kingmaker
    Actually hope it can be set manually too.
    Don't get me wrong, I'd never touch a console controller, but streaming to my htpc and playing from my couch sounds pretty interesting if the text can still legible.

^ Top  
  6. Darkzone Arcane

Darkzone
    I agree nearly with everything you said there and i took most of itl into my previous considerations, but i disagree on the money aspect. The money difference is very important and very large, because D:OS has sold twice as many copies as WL2 did, even without the discount that WL2 had. If inXile had the same amount of money that Larian has, then they could easy hire a larger crew for WL2 DC. But they don't have the money so they couldn't, and they were left to the skeleton crew on this closure. While D:OS EE is more then just a combat and engine update, it seems to be a more complete overhaul of the entire game. The combat and engine updates are maturally a prerequisite for D:OS 2, but all the other work on D:OS EE has simply no intersection with with D:OS 2. And Larian has hired many new people (perhaps as much as 30 new employees) and open different new offices (Ireland, Kanada, Russia), besides the core office in Gent.

Last edited: Oct 22, 2015
    • Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  7. Berekän #11231 Patron

Berekän
    Looking fucking fantastic, glad I delayed my playthrough of the game until the Enhanced Edition was released.

^ Top  
  8. Excidium II Self-Ejected

Self-Ejected
    Yeah, DOS:EE has production values that border on AAA, it's different from the competition in cRPGs where you can tell the hard budget limitations.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  9. Bumvelcrow Bellator Sempervirens Patron Dumbfuck

Bumvelcrow
    Codex 2013 Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Strap Yourselves In Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker
    Linux version 4-5 weeks longer. At first I was consumed with rage, :argh:, but given that I've had to wait so long for it now I couldn't really care less any more. I have other games to play. Assuming it does eventually appear then I'll suddenly wake from my hibernation and play it.

The increasing console focus since the EEs were announced is disturbing, but hopefully Larian will use the money wisely and not switch alignment.

Still, Swen, no day/night cycle, no linux version for the original release, Ultima7 spiritual successor => shiny sideshow for console loving sofa-surfers, now a delay... I'm very disappointed. :(

Will still back next game, damn you.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  10. Xenich Cipher

Xenich
    This also worries me. Though some here have said they have specifically kept the interfaces separate. That is a start, but they need to keep a strong eye on "console design creep". The problem isn't them making a console version, the problem is getting into a "console" style mindset where such begins to appear in the PC design of the game. It can be a very subtle aspect of influence and if one isn't paying attention, it can drive themes of design in both versions.

^ Top  
  11. krist2 Augur Patron

krist2
    Codex 2013 Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
    And DOS2 is beeing developed on the PC for the PC, and I think it later will be ported.
    If I trust anyone to manage to not fall into console trap, it's Larian :)

^ Top  
  12. Bumvelcrow Bellator Sempervirens Patron Dumbfuck

Bumvelcrow
    Codex 2013 Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Strap Yourselves In Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker
    [​IMG]

Beware the angry sheep of destiny if they start to slip from their high ground.

^ Top  
  13. krist2 Augur Patron

krist2
    Codex 2013 Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
    Trust me, I will be very vocal if I feel they fuck up!! :argh:

^ Top  
  14. Major_Blackhart Codexia Lord Sodom Patron

Major_Blackhart
    I'm excited about this. A new challenge, all that, 2 handed weapon style, dual wielding, revamped texts, etc.
    All good man, all fucking good.

^ Top  
  15. Kem0sabe Arcane

Kem0sabe
    There are plenty of low budget games that look fantastic, the problem with inxile is that they have shit taste, shit designers, shit engine.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  16. Drowed Arcane

Drowed
    Maybe they could get a deal with Larian to license DOS:EE engine?

:troll:

• Brofist Brofist x 3
    ^ Top  
  17. Kem0sabe Arcane

Kem0sabe
    They could do much worse than the awesome D:OS engine, but that would imply cutting into Fargo cocaine profit margins, it's cheaper to hire random codexers slap a developer tag on them and say 'try not to spend too much money on unity plug-ins' .

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  18. Junmarko Arcane Patron

Junmarko
    I'm going to assume saves from the vanilla game won't be compatible?

^ Top  
  19. SniperHF Arcane

SniperHF
    Your assumption is correct.

^ Top  
  20. Aenra Guest

Aenra
    Kem0sabe you have excellent views and taste sir. In both games and slippers

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  21. Zorba the Hutt Arcane Weasel

Zorba the Hutt

:hero:

• Brofist Brofist x 7
    ^ Top  
  22. krist2 Augur Patron

krist2
    I have no problems with them making money from the consoles, as long as console design restrictions becomes a part of the PC game..

^ Top  
  23. Irenaeus II Unwanted Dumbfuck Repressed Homosexual The Real Fanboy

Unwanted
    This is gonna be great.

^ Top  
  24. Daedalos Arcane The Real Fanboy

Daedalos
    Hopefully the rewritten story won't be total shit like the vanilla. Gawd that sucked.

• Brofist Brofist x 3
    ^ Top  
  25. Irenaeus II Unwanted Dumbfuck Repressed Homosexual The Real Fanboy

Unwanted
    It will still be shit.

• Brofist Brofist x 3
    ^ Top  

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.