Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Divinity: Original Sin Pre-Release Thread

Stabbey

Learned
I'm confused. Are NPC schedules going to be scripted or systemic behaviour? I thought it was the latter?

Systemic, but this video was demonstrating that the "Stealing" system takes into account different things like "can you be seen", "are they the owner", "is the NPC a merchant", "How much do they like you", "have you been caught stealing before". Systemic means that all those checks will be automatically made, so the programmers won't have to write those scripts each time for every NPC.

It's a bit more work for the NPC schedules, but once there's a system up for that, then it'll be comparatively easier to just plug in storefront into the 'destination' field in "NPC.onwakeup(destination)" than to write the onwakeup() function for every individual NPC.

Jashiin

Arcane
so ForkTong, when moving items in a shop you will get a warning and that's fine.. but will they clean it up ? Or is it possible to throw all shop items to the floor and will they lay there for the rest of the game ?

SCO

Arcane
In My Safe Space
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Will it have ultima underworld like 'dislike' indicators instead of just numbers like DD? Because i much prefer 'peaceful' 'stressed' 'upset' 'hostile' to that numeric crap that you'd only use to calculate how far you could push it if you were a tremendous dork with the stealing formula in front of you.

Smashing Axe

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
I hope there'll be some benefits to a low reputation, it shouldn't be all negative like it was in DD. Low reputation could help with acceptance in the criminal underworld, and make people more likely to hire you to go on quests of a questionable moral nature.

Mangoose

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity
Please to have armor set that looks like Solamnic armor.

3Qhw0dd.jpg

I know you wannt toooo

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
well it's a much better band photo than "pre-murder stare-down."
this is more like... "we'll buy you a beer! but it may be drugged and there might be rape."

LundB

Mistakes were made.
ForkTong I think an Asian dude photobombed your long-haired european photoshoot. It's very subtle, I can see why you might not have noticed.

taxalot

I'm a spicy fellow.
Patron
Codex 2013 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
I often ask myself why do asian guys keep acting so superior all the time ; sometimes, it's just because they are !

Mangoose

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity
He wasn't a real knight to start with, was he.
Nope, Sturm went to join the Solamnic Knights at first, but left during his trials because he didn't like the Knights' preoccupation with themselves, realizing that his companions were doing more to help the world than the Knights. Right before the above battle, finally, he was knighted.

Havoc

Cheerful Magician
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath
For those interested in game design, Larian is searching for Game Designers and Writers:
http://larian.com/jobs.php

I, myself, didn't make the cut. My samples were promising, but my English isn't fluent. Maybe in the future. Maybe.

dunno lah

Arcane
For those interested in game design, Larian is searching for Game Designers and Writers:
http://larian.com/jobs.php

I, myself, didn't make the cut. My samples were promising, but my English isn't fluent. Maybe in the future. Maybe.

How much did you put in D:OS fundraiser pot? Did you tell them how much?;)

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom