Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Divinity: Original Sin Pre-Release Thread

DraQ

Arcane
Asperger's not communicable.
I refuse to believe he has this unless he actually says he does. I don't see it.

And for good reason. It's been officially removed from the DSM as a recognised diagnosis. You really should be arguing about whether he's autistic:troll:
Wasn't it always considered a form of HFA?

LeJosh

Savant
The most crucial question at this moment in time, does Swen have multiple companions in "teh RL?"

Koschey

Arcane
ForkTong A question just came to mind: Will there be an option for backers to increase their pledge levels sometime in the future? Something like inXile's Backer Store? For example, could I pawn off my cardboard box, get a 28$ pledge in before the 10th and increase it to a 95$ physical tier sometime afterwards?

In that case, I would gladly trade my old home in for some Original Sin real estate at a later date.

ForkTong

Larian Studios
Developer
While that is technically possible as soon as we've linked up the backer db with larianvault, I'd personally hope for ppl to reinforce the team instead of putting time into that... Kinda depends on how long it would take us.

Angthoron

Arcane
While that is technically possible as soon as we've linked up the backer db with larianvault, I'd personally hope for ppl to reinforce the team instead of putting time into that... Kinda depends on how long it would take us.
I guess it should probably be tied to whether you're comfortable with where you guys are money-wise now. If you're where you wanted to be, this is quite a low-burn item, BUT keep in mind that you'll probably have to do this sooner or later anyway, so might be worth considering whether it would make sense to add/"integrate" it now or whenever. Adding capacity for it early should likely mean some extra moneys, but not necessarily worth delaying for.

MicoSelva

backlog digger
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Many fans will want to upgrade their pledge to get beta/alpha versions access, especially when the time of their release draws near and the hype starts rising again. I know I probably would go for it, unless I start behaving reasonably sometime soon. Which is unlikely.

ForkTong

Larian Studios
Developer
If we do the "upgrade" thing, I'd rather make it part of the shop instead of KS specific tech. E.g. you get DC at Vault, you can upgrade it. Whether you got it via KS or directly at Vault. Problem is, if you want a Steam/GOG code instead of Vault, you don't have that functionality.

Just wondering if time spent on that feature would pay itself back or not. This entire online shop thing is pretty sensitive stuff :)

SCO

Arcane
In My Safe Space
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Speaking of codes, when are they going to be sent for the paypal donations? Only when the game is released?

Stabbey

Learned
Argh, I wish that update 37 had mentioned that if you wanted a Steam code for Divine Divinity HD that you'd have to wait and not redeem the voucher code. Too late for me (although I haven't downloaded it). When you send out the update for when Dragon Commander is ready for pre-release, please don't forget to mention a way to get it on GoG or Steam that time.

ForkTong

Larian Studios
Developer
Speaking of codes, when are they going to be sent for the paypal donations? Only when the game is released?

As soon as Paypal pledging closes and we get the list of Paypallers.

Infinitron: I'm sure it's all tied up with their specific system as well. Don't let me go on a 3rd party rant again :)

MicoSelva

backlog digger
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
I'm sure it's all tied up with their specific system as well. Don't let me go on a 3rd party rant again :)
I wouldn't be so sure. The database seems pretty self-contained (actually databases, plural, as Wasteland 2 and Torment have separate ones, although they're very similar) and is not connected to their other services (like forums, etc.). It is also specifically designed to process both KS and PayPal (and to combine these too), so it might exactly the thing You are looking for.

No harm in asking, anyway.

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
If we do the "upgrade" thing, I'd rather make it part of the shop instead of KS specific tech. E.g. you get DC at Vault, you can upgrade it. Whether you got it via KS or directly at Vault. Problem is, if you want a Steam/GOG code instead of Vault, you don't have that functionality.

Just wondering if time spent on that feature would pay itself back or not. This entire online shop thing is pretty sensitive stuff :)
Might as well develop something for that feature. You'll need it for Original Sin 2 too. ;)

ForkTong

Larian Studios
Developer
But I want the rewards and addons to be linked to "products" on larianvault (visible to the average user or not). Makes it a lot easier for us. Less coding. Less double data. Less complexity. Less overhead. Less exceptions.

Jack Dandy

Arcane
Divinity: Original Sin 2
http://www.lar.net/2013/05/07/being-selective/

Rather then than waste time on Joe, John and Daisy, we might be better off seeking out the other Gragt’s of this world, people that care about their style of game, are willing to sacrifice time to inform their audience to the best of their abilities (as in, actually finish the games they review), and ultimately feel much more genuine than most “pros”, even if they might be a bit wordy
icon_wink.gif

Hey Gragt, you got a namedrop :P

Arkeus

Arcane

Rather then than waste time on Joe, John and Daisy, we might be better off seeking out the other Gragt’s of this world, people that care about their style of game, are willing to sacrifice time to inform their audience to the best of their abilities (as in, actually finish the games they review), and ultimately feel much more genuine than most “pros”, even if they might be a bit wordy
icon_wink.gif

:bro: Dammit Larian, you are breaking all the Brometers.

Angthoron

Arcane

icon_wink.gif

Hah, Codex is higher in the Engagor list than the Watch and the SomethingAwful.

Mighty is the Codexian multi-headed e-peen.

kazgar

Arcane

icon_wink.gif

Best part of that blogpost is the screenshot that shows that the codex donated $2.5k more than the watch to kickstarter itself. Important stat is important.

MicoSelva

backlog digger
Patron
I'm confused. Are NPC schedules going to be scripted or systemic behaviour? I thought it was the latter?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom